Shoppers Drug Mart Jobs
Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is a Canadian retail pharmacy chain based in Toronto, Ontario. It has more than 1,300 stores operating under the name Shoppers Drug Mart in nine provinces and two territories, and as Pharmaprix in Quebec. The company was founded by pharmacist Murray Koffler in 1962; the Koffler family still retains ownership of the Super-Pharm pharmacy, which has locations in Israel, Poland, and formerly in China. Super-Pharm’s logo is similar to that of Shoppers Drug Mart, which was created by the artist Sylvain Liu. It also uses some of the same private-label brands, such as Life Brand and Quo.
In 2014, Brampton-based Loblaw Companies Limited acquired Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation for $12.4 billion in cash and stock. By early 2016, Shoppers had over 1,300 locations in Canada. Shoppers Drug Mart jobs are often entry-level jobs. The company, which frequently hires personnel, does not require experience. Being friendly, having a high level of communication skills and a good appearance are enough to apply for a Shoppers Drug Mart job. If you have these qualifications, you are very likely to be hired.
Apply Online Shoppers Drug Mart Jobs
Pharmacist: The basic duty of a pharmacist is to check prescriptions from physicians before dispensing the medication to the patients to ensure that the patients don’t receive the wrong drugs or take an incorrect dose of medicine.
A typical day can involve checking and dispensing medication, compounding medication, communicating with physicians, providing patients with pharmaceutical information, providing patients with health advice, explaining the proper use of medication, supervising staff/pharmacy technicians, etc.
Overnight Pharmacist: To assist with the technical functions of dispensing prescriptions, assist as appropriate in the delivery of pharmacy services and participate in the maintenance and operations of the Pharmacy as described by the Pharmacy Standards of Practice, and to provide superior, timely, and pleasant service to customers.
- checking prescriptions for accuracy,
- counseling on prescription medications,
- OTC counseling,
- health management consulting,
- participation in SDM programs including cognitive/enhanced services as these programs may evolve
- over time and as required by the business,
- collaboration with pharmacy assistant to accurately dispense prescription medications.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Diploma from a Pharmacy Assistant credited course preferred
- Previous Pharmacy Experience preferred
- Retail Experience an Asset
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building customer loyalty
- Effective communication skills
- MS Office
- Effective organizational skills, ability to multi task
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
Cashier: Key responsibilities of a Cashier include:
- Maintain the customer service and checkout area for prompt and accurate processing of the
- customer’s order;
- Merchandise and maintain designated areas;
- ensure loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to guidelines
Front Store Supervisor: Managing the customer service functions, including cash, cashiers and merchandising.
- Ensures standards of housekeeping and store image are maintained
- Complies with all Health and Safety requirements: supervises employees to ensure correct work procedures are followed, communicates hazard information and control procedures, consults employees and provides feedback to management, cooperates with
- Health and Safety committee or representative, holds accountable any employees reporting to them.
- May be asked to perform clerical and banking duties
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed in the store
- Perform other duties as required including Cashier duties when necessary
- Runs the end of day for the POS system
- Responsible for opening and closing the store as per key holder duties (as required)
Shoppers Drug Mart Job Application Form/PDF
Shoppers Drug Mart has two ways of recruiting staff. The first of these is the application you will make by completing the Shoppers Drug Mart Job Application form on its career site. There is usually an online form here or your CV is expected to be sent. In addition, you can apply for a job with your CV or the Shoppers Drug Mart application form, by going to the nearest Shoppers Drug Mart branch, meeting with the managers in charge, to find out if there is a possible job recruitment.
Benefits of Working at Shoppers Drug Mart:
Multiple packages available for insurances including dental coverage, prescription coverage, lenses, and much more. Other benefits include employee only events and outside cooperation with other facilities like gyms. 30% discount at Shoppers.
How much do shoppers associates make?
Shoppers also provides services, such as operational support and marketing, to help associates. Associates are guaranteed a minimum level of earnings, at $120,000 annually, plus additional earnings depending on store performance, according to Shoppers’ website.
How much does Shoppers Drug Mart pay pharmacy assistants?
The typical Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy Assistant salary is $15. Pharmacy Assistant salaries at Shoppers Drug Mart can range from $12 – $19.
-What age do you have to be to work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
What should I wear to an interview at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Business-casual apparel, such as dress pants or skirts with tasteful blouses for females and khakis or dress pants with button-down shirts for males, indicates competence and maturity and remains ideal for most job interviews in retail settings, as is the case with Shoppers Drug Mart.
-Do Shoppers Drug Mart employees get a discount?
You get 30% off regular retail pricing in their Purchase Discount Program (PDP) for employees, but often there are sale prices that are even better than the PDP discount. The employee discount is a great benefit in working at Shoppers
How to apply for Shoppers Drug Mart jobs;