Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at NOVA Chemicals by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of NOVA Chemicals which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The NOVA Chemicals Manufacturing East Sites are located near Sarnia, Ontario. The Sarnia Sites focus on the production of ethylene and polyethylene and is recognized as a cornerstone of Ontario’s petrochemical industry.
Sarnia is situated on the south shore of Lake Huron at the headwaters of the St. Clair River, and just an hour from Detroit, Michigan, United States.
Make What Matters: Your Career and the World
We challenge you to look at the world around you and see opportunities. If you’re interested in creating work that has a real, innovative impact on the world, then join our team. Together we’ll make everything from the essentials to everyday products.
Apply Online NOVA Chemicals Jobs
You can be a member of NOVA Chemicals family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application NOVA Chemicals where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Material Flow Operating Technician
Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience, In order to fulfil the duties of this role, the successful candidate will be required to wear respiratory protective equipment. Candidate must successfully pass a fit test and be physically able to wear a respirator., The successful candidate is required to provide proof of a valid drivers license
NOVA Chemicals helps shape a world where products vital to our health and happiness are even better tomorrow than they are today. We are seeking talented and passionate people who enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative environment to join our dynamic team. Through our commitment to Responsible Care®, we take pride in our focus on safety and sustainability.
As an Operations Technician in Material Flow at Moore Site the successful candidate will be required to work on a seven (7) day, twelve (12) hour rotating schedule and participate as a contributing member in a shift team environment.
The primary activities will encompass safe and reliable operation and maintenance of the facility on a continuous basis. The technician is expected to advance to the top of the progression program as outlined in Operations progression requirements, including the attainment of required certifications.
Specific duties may include:
- Safe, efficient and reliable operation of the process equipment.
- Preparing equipment for maintenance and safe work permitting.
- Ensuring NOVA Chemical’s safe work practices and policies are maintained at all times.
- Completing area safety checks, and responding to hazards in the area.
- Conducting preventative maintenance of equipment (i.e.: rounds and checks).
- Monitoring unit conditions on an ongoing basis and carrying out troubleshooting steps to address identified issues.
- Implementing changes to operating parameters to optimize unit performance.
- Maintaining housekeeping standards within the Operating unit.
- Continually progressing through the outside operating areas culminating in the operation of a complex DCS panel.
- Participating in team safety meetings, safety audits and follow-ups.
- Participating in procedure reviews.
- Supporting and participating on the site and regional Emergency Response Teams.
- Chemical Production & Power Engineering Technology (CPET) Diploma or equivalent and have at a minimum TSSA 4th Class Operating Engineer Certification.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot operating problems.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, high levels of personal motivation, and ability to adapt to change.
- The ability to work effectively and contribute within a team environment.
- Effective communication skills to cope with a wide variety of operational priorities and work activities.
- Computer efficiency is essential.
- An absolute commitment to Responsible Care.
- A demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technical concepts in a timely manner.
- The ability to take initiative and be proactive in actions.
- The ability to complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Mechanical, and /or Electrical aptitude
- Diesel Locomotive Operations (SW 900 Locomotives)
- DCS experience
- Fork Lift Truck Training
- Bulk Conveying/ Transfer Equipment experience for pelleted and granular polymer resins (PE)
- Quality Control experience (ISO Program/Systems)
- Railway Equipment/Inspection experience (Hopper Cars, Scales, Switches, D-Rails)
- Computer Applications experience (PC Based Systems, Software, SAP, Microsoft)
- Customer orientation with a demonstrated ability to fulfill internal and external stakeholder expectations
- New grads as well as experienced operators will be considered.
- This position will be carried out both indoors and outdoors in all seasons and includes some lifting and some climbing of ladders within various levels of the units.
- Required to work on a seven (7) day, twelve (12) hour rotating schedule.
- The successful candidate is required to provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
NOVA Chemicals Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for NOVA Chemicals and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for NOVA Chemicals Jobs;