The Liquor Control Board of Ontario is a Crown corporation that retails and distributes alcoholic beverages throughout the Canadian province of Ontario. It is accountable to the Ministry of Finance. It was established in 1927 on the advice of Ontario Premier Howard Ferguson, to sell liquor, wine, and beer. Such sales had been banned outright in 1916 as part of prohibition in Canada; thus, the creation of the LCBO marked an easing of the province’s temperance regime. By September 2017, the LCBO was operating 651 liquor stores.
LCBO hires staff frequently. The LCBO job application form is published on their career sites and you can send your application virtually or by printing the form and submitting your application from the nearest LCBO branch. In addition, LCBO pays attention to experience and communication skills in personnel recruitment. You are expected to pay attention to this, especially if you are invited for an interview.
Apply Online LCBO Jobs
Part Time Customer Service Representative
The LCBO is currently accepting applications for Part-time Customer Service Representatives to work in LCBO’s retail store (Toronto Downtown Core).
Part Time Customer Service Representatives are expected to:
• Serve customers promptly, courteously and responsibly and in addition to interacting with customers
• Unloading trucks
• Handling stock
• Operate computerized cash registers
You must have:
• Candidate must possess or be able to obtain Smart Serve Certification. (If you do not hold a valid Smart Serve Certificate, training to obtain this certificate will be provided which must be completed within 30 days of the hire date)
• Ability to perform physical tasks including:
o Repetitive moving and lifting of bottles varying in weight
o Lifting cases weighing up to 60 lbs/28 kg
o Standing for extended periods of time
o Being able to reach, climb, bend, twist and walk
• Applicants will be required to provide an original criminal record check at their own expense prior to commencing work with LCBO. The criminal record check document must have been issued no more than six (6) months prior to first day of employment.
Process with Local Police: If you choose to attend a local police department to procure your criminal record check, please be aware that pricing and processing time will vary by location.
*Please note that LCBO is not responsible for applicants’ use of any third party supplier of criminal record checks.
Hours available to casual employees will depend on the operational requirements for each store and are scheduled in accordance with the collective agreement based on an employee’s seniority and availability. Customer Service Representatives are usually assigned to work during peak periods (evening and weekend shifts), or whenever extra help is required. You must be available for work during peak business periods (i.e. Christmas, tourist periods, etc.). Hours are not guaranteed, but are scheduled in advance by the store manager. However, on occasion, you may be called in to work on short notice.
Are you known for creating memorable customer experiences? Do you enjoy connecting with employees and customers?
Reporting to the District Manager, you will apply the LCBO leadership competencies to bring to life vision: To deliver remarkable experiences as the trusted destination for the world’s wines, beers and spirits. You will drive the customer experience in store by inspiring a customer-first team mentality in all aspects of the store’s operation and program execution. You’ll build a high performing store team through your strong leadership and management abilities, driving financial success and impacting your community. Every single day will bring new challenges where your focus will be to drive store results and champion responsible retailing.
If you are an experienced retail professional with a real passion for customers, their occasions and beverage alcohol, then this is the role for you!
What’s the role about?
• To deliver remarkable experiences as the trusted destination for the world’s wines, beers and spirits.
• Drive sales by leveraging your business acumen, efficiency and problem solving skills
• Inspire others as a dynamic brand ambassador dedicated to driving and achieving results through your team
• You will drive the customer experience in store by developing a customer-first team mentality in all aspects of the store’s operation and program execution.
• A well-rounded store manager your skills span customer service, inventory management, financial management, merchandising, and retail sales.
• Ability to perform at the retail Store Manager level, acquired through progressive experience as a Retail Manager in key areas such as Customer Service, Human Resources, Business Management, Inventory Management and Sales & Marketing.
• Strong leadership, team-building, interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
• Additional areas for assessment will include an understanding of and exposure to social responsibility issues, facilities management, resource protection, health & safety, WSIB, workplace accommodation, environmental issues and workplace diversity.
• The successful candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of the internet/intranet and computer applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, web-based ordering and SPAR.
• You are a team builder and a committed mentor and coach.
What will you bring to the team?
• You bring a customer-centric mindset. You enjoy spending time on the store floor. You inspire giving back in support of the community for the greater good.
• You are a visible leader and are available to work some evenings and weekends. You enjoy providing feedback, empowering people, and coaching in the moment. You are capable of flawless execution in your store.
• You know your store numbers. You forecast and analyze sales and expenses. You build a plan to engage the team and grow the business.
• You have 5 years or more of retail experience in progressive roles such as Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Trainer, Departmental Manager, or District Manager. You are known for your leadership, business savvy, relationships, and self-management.
• Experience managing unionized employees is an asset.
• You are a high school graduate or bring the equivalent experience. A college diploma, certificate or university degree in business or retail management is an asset.
In return, you will be part of the most dynamic time in the LCBO’s history and enjoy the following benefits:
• A competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits
• An excellent pension plan
• On-the-job training
LCBO Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for LCBO and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
- Career Development
Employees can grow their career through on-the-job experiences, product knowledge, online and classroom learning, tuition assistance programs and more. Firm take pride in employees’ growth and development.
LCBO proudly offer a comprehensive range of benefits such as life insurance, health and dental, disability coverage, maternity/parental leave top-up program, and much more.
LCBO invest in your future with a highly valued defined-benefits pension plan with options to buy-back prior service, survivor benefits and portability choices. Bargaining unit employees are members of the OPSEU Pension Plan and Management employees are members of the Public Service Pension Plan. Fixed term, Contract and Casual employees also have the option to enroll in the pension plan.
Do LCBO workers get a discount?
Individual diplomats and federal government officials pay the same retail price as other consumers when purchasing from the LCBO. Government employees from all levels of government also do not receive any discount, and neither do any LCBO employees.
What do LCBO employees get paid?
Average LCBO hourly pay ranges from approximately $14.80 per hour for Cashier to $17.83 per hour for Customer Service Representative. The average LCBO salary ranges from approximately $25,000 per year for Cashier to $60,064 per year for Store Manager.
Is the LCBO a good place to work?
“The staff is good . Management is pretty good. The best thing about working at LCBO is the pay, and if you are lucky enough to end up at a good store with great coworkers and management, like I was. However, I have heard horror stories about the environment of other stores.”
How old do you need to be to work at the LCBO?
You must be at least 18 years of age to qualify for consideration for employment in our retail outlets and warehouse facilities.
How to Apply for LCBO Jobs;