The Liquor Control Board of Ontario is a Crown corporation that retails and distributes alcoholic beverages throughout the Canadian province of Ontario. It is accountable to the Ministry of Finance. It was established in 1927 on the advice of Ontario Premier Howard Ferguson, to sell liquor, wine, and beer. Such sales had been banned outright in 1916 as part of prohibition in Canada; thus, the creation of the LCBO marked an easing of the province’s temperance regime. By September 2017, the LCBO was operating 651 liquor stores.
LCBO hires staff frequently. The LCBO job application form is published on their career sites and you can send your application virtually or by printing the form and submitting your application from the nearest LCBO branch. In addition, LCBO pays attention to experience and communication skills in personnel recruitment. You are expected to pay attention to this, especially if you are invited for an interview.
Apply Online LCBO Jobs
Customer Service Representative – Part Time
Salary: $16.58 – $30.27 Hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
The LCBO is currently accepting applications for Part-time Customer Service Representatives to work in LCBO’s retail stores.
- Picking and packing single bottles and full cases
- Order assembly, palletizing cases, shipping
- Working knowledge of operations in automated warehouse environment and previous machinery experience (Forklift, Pallet jack) is preferred but not mandatory
the ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting using safe lifting techniques
strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills for effective teamwork
- Basic knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Maintaining facility cleanliness.
You must have:
- Candidate must possess or be able to obtain Smart Serve Certification. (If you do not hold a valid Smart Serve Certificate, training to obtain this certificate will be provided which must be completed within 30 days of the hire date)
- Ability to perform physical tasks including:
- Repetitive moving and lifting of bottles varying in weight
- Lifting cases weighing up to 60 lbs/28 kg
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Being able to reach, climb, bend, twist and walk
- Applicants will be required to provide an original criminal record check at their own expense prior to commencing work with LCBO. The criminal record check document must have been issued no more than six (6) months prior to first day of employment.
- Process with Local Police: If you choose to attend a local police department to procure your criminal record check, please be aware that pricing and processing time will vary by location.
Hours available to casual employees will depend on the operational requirements for each store and are scheduled in accordance with the collective agreement based on an employee’s seniority and availability. Customer Service Representatives are usually assigned to work during peak periods (evening and weekend shifts), or whenever extra help is required. You must be available for work during peak business periods (i.e. Christmas, tourist periods, etc.). Hours are not guaranteed, but are scheduled in advance by the store manager. However, on occasion, you may be called in to work on short notice.
Summer Customer Service Representative
Salary: $16.58 hourly
Minimum Age: Minimum of 18 years of age
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store).
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits.
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in the warehouse.
- Inspect products for defects and damages.
- Examine incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Organize warehouse space and keep warehouse clean and free from safety hazards.
- Report any discrepancies or damaged goods to the warehouse supervisor.
- Follow all health and safety procedures and regulations as dictated by the organization and the state.
- Proven working experience as a Warehouse Worker.
- Proficiency in inventory software, databases, and systems.
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods.
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- High school degree.
LCBO Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for LCBO and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
- Career Development
Employees can grow their career through on-the-job experiences, product knowledge, online and classroom learning, tuition assistance programs and more. Firm take pride in employees’ growth and development.
LCBO proudly offer a comprehensive range of benefits such as life insurance, health and dental, disability coverage, maternity/parental leave top-up program, and much more.
LCBO invest in your future with a highly valued defined-benefits pension plan with options to buy-back prior service, survivor benefits and portability choices. Bargaining unit employees are members of the OPSEU Pension Plan and Management employees are members of the Public Service Pension Plan. Fixed term, Contract and Casual employees also have the option to enroll in the pension plan.
Do LCBO workers get a discount?
Individual diplomats and federal government officials pay the same retail price as other consumers when purchasing from the LCBO. Government employees from all levels of government also do not receive any discount, and neither do any LCBO employees.
What do LCBO employees get paid?
Average LCBO hourly pay ranges from approximately $14.80 per hour for Cashier to $17.83 per hour for Customer Service Representative. The average LCBO salary ranges from approximately $25,000 per year for Cashier to $60,064 per year for Store Manager.
Is the LCBO a good place to work?
“The staff is good . Management is pretty good. The best thing about working at LCBO is the pay, and if you are lucky enough to end up at a good store with great coworkers and management, like I was. However, I have heard horror stories about the environment of other stores.”
How old do you need to be to work at the LCBO?
You must be at least 18 years of age to qualify for consideration for employment in our retail outlets and warehouse facilities.
How to Apply for LCBO Jobs;