Sport Chek Job Application Process
As of 2020, Sport Chek is the largest Canadian retailer of sporting apparel and equipment, with 191 locations across the country. It is the only national big-box retailer of sporting goods in Canada, excluding the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, while its sister brand Sports Experts serves Quebec and Yukon. FGL Sports, its parent company, also owns over a dozen sporting brands.
Since Sport Chek is a growing company, it actively recruits employees. Even though the experience is sought in the required positions when recruiting personnel, for entry-level positions, people with high communication skills, good-humoured and good looks are chosen primarily rather than experience. Although the firm usually hires full-time, it also has part-time and seasonal jobs.
Apply Online Sport Chek Jobs
Sales Associate must have answers to all questions that customers can ask and deal with all types of sports. By maintaining the smooth appearance of the store, trying new products and trying a new sport, you should give customers the best experience. You receive a competitive salary and hands-on training. You must be a high school graduate.
Cashiers, the first and last point of contact for customers, should make a positive and lasting impression. It should look happy and have the best experience when in contact with customers. While starting to work, your deficiencies are completed by getting applied training. You are supported by high salaries and discounts. You should preferably be a high school graduate.
Store General Manager
The Store General Manager is responsible for achieving the KPIs and key metrics of their location by effective management of all functions in the store. This is accomplished through ensuring optimal customer experiences, maximizing sales, expense and cost management, store presentation, and protection of company assets.
The incumbent is an ambassador of active lifestyles and drives continual growth of business and development of people, leveraging best practices and leads through stewardship of FGL’s Leadership Brand.
Service Shop Technician
As a Service Shop Technician, you are equally skilled with people and your hands. Indeed, it is your responsibility to interact with customers, determine their needs, and then install, repair, and maintain their sporting equipment. To assist athletes in returning to experiencing “The Power of Sport,” all precautions will be taken to service their equipment according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Putting together and disassembling various types of bicycles
- Wheel construction, wheel truing, tire replacement
- Crank arm replacement, change derailleurs, headset overhaul, chain check and replacement
- Altering brakes, shift and brake levers, cables
- Deliver exceptional customer service to assist your team in reaching performance goals.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Minimum six months’ experience working in a bicycle shop
- Some, Intermediate, or Advanced experience repairing and maintaining bicycles, skis, and snowboards.
- Previous bicycle construction experience
Retail Customer Advisor Lead
As an Advisor Lead at Sport Chek, you will engage customers and coworkers with your upbeat and helpful disposition. You will assist the store management team with general shift supervision in your assigned department and other store areas as required.
- Set an example for retail team members in terms of effective selling behaviors and strategies.
- Staff supervision is responsible for the execution of store tasks and maintenance, including visual merchandising, pricing, restocking, seasonal changeover, inventory, and signing.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to part-time team members and assist in achieving daily store sales goals.
- Manage the store’s operations when management is absent.
- Promote company programs, the Triangle loyalty program, and other customer acquisition initiatives
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Six months or more of retail experience
- Proven ability to create and manage a daily department and store plan
- Prior experience mentoring and training employees
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills zeal for healthy, active living
How to Apply for Sport Chek Jobs
Step 1 – Click here to access a list of job postings.
Step 2 – Select the position you want to apply for and click.
Step 3 – If you think you meet the required qualifications, continue by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
Step 4 – Continue by uploading Resume/CV.
Step 5 – Confirm your Contact information such as Name, Surname, Address, Phone and Email and click the “Next” button.
Step 6 – Verify Work History. If you think the information is up to date, continue by clicking the “Next” button.
Step 7 – Verify Education History. If the information is correct, continue by clicking the “Next” button.
Final step – Complete the application with multiple choice markup.
- Specify what type of overtime you are looking for. (Part Time, Full Time, Seasonal)
- Your hobbies? (Cars, Fashion, Individual, Outdoor & Travel,
- What job titles are you most interested in? (Cashier, Sales, Management, Technician, etc.)
After filling in all the information, submit your application by clicking the “Submit” link.
Sport Chek Job Application Form/PDF
Sport Chek follows two different paths when hiring employees. The first is personnel recruitment through his career site. Here you can fill out a virtual Sport Chek jobs application form or upload your CV. In addition, you can go to the nearest branch and submit your Sport Chek jobs application from there. In this way, your Sport Chek jobs application will be faster and at the same time, it will be beneficial for you to meet the managers and to use your CV in possible future situations.
Sport Chek Benefits in Canada
- Company Store Discount.
- Paid Holidays / Vacation.
- Paid Sick Leave.
- Flex-Time / Flexible Schedule.
- Casual Dress/Atmosphere.
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Life Insurance/Disability.
How much do you get paid at Sport Chek?
Average Sport Chek hourly pay ranges from approximately $14 per hour for Retail Sales Associate.
Hourly wages for other positions are as follows;
- Cashier $14.34 per hour
- Visual Merchandiser $15.76 per hour
- Customer Service Associate $16.45 per hour
How old do you need to be to work at Sport Chek?
Minimum 16 years old to work at Sport Chek.