University of Waterloo Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at University of Waterloo by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of University of Waterloo which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
The University of Waterloo is a public research university with a main campus in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The main campus is on 404 hectares (998 acres) of land adjacent to “Uptown” Waterloo and Waterloo Park. The university offers academic programs administered by six faculties and ten faculty-based schools. The university also operates three satellite campuses and four affiliated university colleges. Waterloo is a member of the U15, a group of research-intensive universities in Canada. The University of Waterloo is most famous for its cooperative education (co-op) programs, which allow the students to integrate their education with applicable work experiences. The university operates the largest post-secondary co-operative education program in the world, with over 17,000 undergraduate students in over 140 co-operative education programs.
Apply Online University of Waterloo Jobs
You can be a member of University of Waterloo family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application University of Waterloo where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Optometric Clinic Receptionist
- Handle incoming telephone calls to the Optometry Clinic in a friendly, knowledgeable and courteous manner.
- Prepare and manage the electronic schedule in Visual-Eyes (VE) and schedule appointments in accordance with Optometrist availability and appointment criteria. This includes assigning Optometrists and student interns to clinic rooms.
- During regular clinic hours, triage emergency calls, notify the on-call Optometrist of emergency calls and book appointments as per Optometrist’s direction.
- Make confirmation calls to patients scheduled in the clinic and notify patients of any fees associated with the services provided. Attempt to fill any openings due to cancellations.
- Verify the eligibility of OHIP coverage for all patients scheduled using the IVR system.
- Receive patients in the clinic; notify doctors and interns of patient arrival.
- Follow up with patients who do not show for their appointment in a timely manner to initiate another appointment booking.
- Maintain a computerized recall system and contact patients to book a recall appointment.
- Receive payments in accordance with the financial policies and procedures of the Optometry clinic and the University.
Clerical and Administrative Support for the General Operation of the Department
- Acts as receptionist by responding to diverse general questions independently, promptly and courteously by way of telephone, email and office visits
- Determines the nature of needs and directs individuals to the appropriate staff member, office, or resource department based on a thorough knowledge of the department and the University
- Facilitates the daily operation of the department printer and photocopier, including trouble-shooting and processing requests for repair, monitoring supply of paper, toner, or other supplies, and
replenishes as necessary
- Maintains office and coffee supplies for the department, faculty and staff
- Coordinates both incoming and outgoing mail services for the department
- Assists with the issuing, returning, and tracking of keys
- Coordinates copying, faxing, scanning, etc. of course materials, exams and other printed materials
- Submits and ensures confidentiality of print orders for course materials, mid-terms or exams
- Maintains department directory of faculty and staff listings
- Maintains records of department and teaching expenditures for supplies and copying
- Arranges parking passes for MME visitors through Parking Services
Create, plan and execute creative content for all Advancement audiences
- Proactively writes, edits, creates content, project coordinates, executes and evaluates Advancement communications which will include: print publications, appeal and recognition letters, proposals, stories, profiles, video storyboarding and scripting writing, web content, social media plans, invitations, or advertisements
- Develops and executes project strategies and integrated communication plans across all channels to successfully engage our audiences and inspire action
- Provides creative support including strategy, content creation and editing for donor relations and stewardship and central development units within Advancement
- Writes compelling stories and profiles that demonstrate impact and inspire alumni engagement and donor support
- Manages web content and web platforms, using analytics and reporting to inform content strategy
- Provides writing and editing support for all Advancement, as required, to ensure high-quality and consistent messaging
- Develops high-level, customized writing for targeted audiences, working with the Office of the President and Vice-President, Advancement to reflect the voices of senior leadership
- Ensures all strategies and content aligns with the University brand and supports the needs of Advancement
Customer Service Coordinator
- Maintains an orderly front desk ensuring confidentiality of files and documents
- Responsible for day-to-day administrative support for the School and general support for researchers and research groups. This support may include faculty correspondence, preparing print requisitions for courses and exams
- Answers phones, taking messages, directing calls and answering general inquiries
- Actively listens and presents solutions to solve problems that may arise for students, staff and faculty members
- Maintains inventory of supplies completing, processing and maintaining paperwork for purchasing
- Maintains School’s mailboxes; distributes incoming mail; arranges courier deliveries
- Initiates work requests for Plant Operations regarding repairs, maintenance and custodial service
- Maintains bulletin boards, assignment boxes, office door signage and cabinets
- Provides departmental training and service for departmental printing and A/V equipment as required
- Manages travel and accommodation arrangements for faculty, research groups, visitors and graduate students
- Assists the School Executive and Administrative Supervisor as needed
University of Waterloo Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for University of Waterloo and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for University of Waterloo Jobs;