Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at FortisBC by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of FortisBC which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
FortisBC Inc is an electric power and gas distribution/retail company in the Canadian province of British Columbia, a subsidiary of Newfoundland-based Fortis Inc., Canada’s largest private utility company. In March 2011 Terasen Gas, British Columbia’s largest natural gas distributor, was renamed FortisBC Energy Inc., as both companies are owned by Fortis Inc.
Apply Online FortisBC Jobs
You can be a member of FortisBC family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application FortisBC where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Energy Efficiency Representative
• Administers consistent functional support processes that enable the delivery of C&EM programs and objectives.
• Resolve and track C&EM customer applications, issues and concerns by way of appropriate media.
• Supports marketing and customer relations efforts by identifying, promoting and supporting program related activities of the C&EM group.
• Identify and assist customers and contractors who could benefit from Conservation and Energy Management programs with knowledge, accessibility, applications and equipment requirements.
• Coordinate, participate in and support FortisBC and C&EM events as required.
• Provide support to Program Managers to meet program goals and savings targets.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Requirements Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
• Diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution in Energy Technology, Marketing or Business Administration
• 2-3 years directly related experience in marketing, energy efficiency, program/project management and/or delivery, or sustainability
• Knowledge of the principles of Demand Side Management preferred
• Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills.
• Proficient with computer systems including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project and Outlook.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail.
• SAP knowledge preferred.
• Class 5 driver’s license
Special Skill Requirements:
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player with emphasis on developing collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships.
• Proven decision making and customer service skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Proficient at data entry with a keen attention to accuracy.
Responsibilities Responsible for assessing scope, causes, complexity and loss amount as well as determining legal obligation to indemnify a claim with considerations of potential loss minimization measures that benefit all concerned.
Manage claims portfolio for FortisBC Inc. and FortisBC Holdings companies including both Property and Liability losses. May also include claims management for Directors & Officers Liability, Employment Liability, Cyber and Privacy Liability, Crime, Fiduciary Liability, Non-owned Aviation and Operators Extra Expense (Aitken Creek Gas Storage) claims.
Work within requirements of insurance policies in place and/or obligations presented within legal settings provided to resolve the claim.
Negotiate settlement of claims with insurers.
Negotiate settlement and collection of system damage claims in excess of $5,000 for FEI including the requirement to file legal claims and represent Fortis in court.
Negotiate settlement of system damage claims for FortisBC Inc involving external legal representation and adjusters.
Oversight of Fortis Inc. Third Party Adjustment (TPA) agreement (ClaimsPro). Responsible for maintaining relationship with TPA. Fortis Inc. TPA covers adjustment of all claims on behalf of Fortis Inc.; including FortisBC.
Settlement negotiations with claimants and approval of payments for all losses under Self Insured Retention (SIR).
Oversight of FortisAB (FAB) claims in an advisory role. Oversight is required at FAB to provide expertise in management of claims and insurance policy review for coverage assessment.
Develop and manage working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Operations Management team, Legal, Fortis Inc. Risk Management Group, external lawyers, adjusters, brokerage firms, claimants and contractors.
May perform other insurance assignments as required.
Education and Experience:
Degree in Business Administration, General Insurance and Risk Management, or a related discipline, plus seven (7) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Certification in risk management or Licensing in broker/agent/adjuster would be an asset.
CRM (Canadian Risk Management) or CIP (Chartered Insurance Professional) designation would be an asset.
Thorough knowledge of contract language, claim process and legal requirements of contracts across a variety of contract types
Strong negotiation skills
Demonstrated knowledge of law and insurance
Knowledge of the Utility Industry
Knowledge of best practices in financial analysis, planning and modeling
Knowledge of regulatory legislation, processes, principles and constructs
Knowledge and understanding of budget processes and procedures
Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including expertise in MS Excel
Strong working knowledge of SAP applications and related financial options, together with working knowledge of Business warehouse applications and reports
Technician/ Technical Analyst
The IT Technician/ Technical Analyst receives direction from the Senior Technical Analyst to proactively head off customer’s technical issues by applying technical expertise to resolve the customer’s IT support request(s).
Provide technical support to end users of the current systems.
•Respond to calls on the support line
•Troubleshoot end user problems (hardware and company standard software)
•Perform upgrades, installations, preventive maintenance tasks
•Repair computer software and/or hardware and work with external vendors to obtain repairs when necessary.
Set-up/deliver PC equipment, dispose of excess surplus equipment.
Track work performed in problem management system, prepare progress reports, administer and maintain corporate workstation assets.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the company’s computer systems.
Manage multiple resources, task breakdown, and delegation and set milestones.
Estimate/manage/complete a series of tasks required for a simple project.
Customer Service Representatives
Please submit your application online as soon as possible to ensure you will be considered.
– Attends to inbound and/or initiates outbound contacts to current or potential customers for new and existing services related to full meter to cash cycle including but not limited to, billing, account and collections information and the promotion of products, programs and services including upgrading existing products and services. Captures information related to reported payments and promises to pay and makes payment arrangements on overdue accounts.
– Processes new customer applications, existing customer moves, designated payment plan enrolments including cancellation and/or changes to equal payment plan and/or direct debit payment plan. Collects and records customer information including customer identifiers, credit details, emergency contact information, co-tenants, appliances used, etc.
– Responds to requests regarding rate changes, high bills, estimated consumption, field work and meter reading, privacy, energy efficiency programs, collection policies, related tariffs, customer choice program, etc.; explains related policies and procedures including specific terms and conditions of tariffs relating to billing, meter reading and collections.
– Contacts customers and schedules appointments for meter exchanges and other customer service field work including following up with customers on schedule changes.
– Utilizes designated computer systems/software applications to obtain, maintain, prepare and process customer information and requests, initiate field work orders including check reads, meter investigations and reconnection of service. Sends/receives e-mail, navigates through relevant websites and completes forms, etc.
– Resolves customer complaints related to service quality and other related matters including high bills, estimated consumption, collections policies, etc.; gathers pertinent information to identify problems/issues and nature of complaint, records complaint information, attempts to resolve, refers to other departments and/or escalates matter to others.
FortisBC Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for FortisBC and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for FortisBC Jobs;