Apotex Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Apotex by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Apotex which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
Apply Online Apotex Jobs
You can be a member of Apotex family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application page where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalency.
- AZ/DZ truck driving licence is must, experince of driving AZ/DZ truck for various warehouse operations.
- Fluent in English written and oral communication.
- Competent operator of MHE; knowledge of conveyors, Raymond and Cleco MHEs is an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer operations—SAP modules for various warehouse operations/RF/warehouse databases, access intranet, etc.
- Willing to work various shifts and/or overtime when needed.
- Able to ascend and descend ladders to rack heights and operate equipment at height without fear.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
The Technician, Warehouse LMM3 is responsible for:
- physical receiving, inspecting, cleaning, sorting, labelling and storing of all inbound materials.
- supplying materials (raw, semi-finished, components and finished goods) to manufacturing, packaging and other internal customers.
- performing shift start inspections and assisting in maintenance of material handling systems.
- contribute individually and as a team member to achieve the Apotex 2010 Strategic Plan.
- working in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Ontario), Apotex Health and Safety policies and Safe Work Procedures (SWPs), Safety Charter and departmental safety expectations and programs.
Physical Receiving & Put Away
- Unload, verify, inspect, clean, sort and receive in SAP all raw materials and, components using appropriate MHE (Material Handling Equipment) in a safe, compliant and efficient manner.
- Identify and take appropriate action (e.g. communicate to purchasing, initiate QNote, etc.) for exception situations e.g. under/over quantity, damaged shipment, contaminated shipment, etc.)
- Transfer products from receiving/sampling area to the appropriate location.
- Distribute received mail, documents, packages, stationary supplies, etc. to identified departments/personnel.
- Manage dock schedule by booking appointments according to production priorities and available dock capacity and provide feedback to procurement on vendor performance to schedule.
- Organize and maintain adequate quantity of receiving and warehouse supplies e.g. shipping containers, pallets, seals, labels, etc.
Exceptional Movements of Products
- Follow procedures and know logistics flow for exceptional materials/products e.g. class III/IV capsules, waste, CTS waste, CTS, fridge/freezer (i.e. refrigerated/cold temperature), Hazmat, gases.
Delivery of Material to Manufacturing, Packaging and/or other Departments
- Provide manufacturing, packaging and other departments with all necessary materials as requested and update inventory using RF and/or SAP.
- Ensure transfer orders are completed in SAP for inventory accuracy and as per service level agreement; contact various departments to escalate/resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Locate and retrieve products to be sampled as required.
Processing Tote & Bottle Tote Movements
- Stage totes for transfer to other buildings and ensure empty totes are processed and moved to the appropriate location (not Richmond Hill)
- Receive and put away bottle totes to tote high bay (Etobicoke).
- Able to perform basic shipping tasks e.g. interplant shipments, outbound courier, simple deliveries, etc.).
- Perform cycle counts and maintain accurate inventory using SAP.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements Adhere to all internal and external regulations according to the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate (HPFBI), the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA), and all other regulatory agencies.
- Maintain assigned work areas in an audit ready state (i.e. 5S).
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Committed to corporate mission statement and initiatives (e.g. Apotex 2010).
- Participate in any internal/external audits/inspections/assessments and perform corrective actions as necessary.
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Specialist, Global QC Electronic Lab Documentation Systems is responsible for the maintenance of the Global laboratory documentation and data management systems within the Apotex Corporate structure, including the creation, revision and review of LIMS static data for R&D and commercial products. Perform assessment of all changes for impact to LIMS static data, documents and methods. Additional responsibilities include providing laboratory document and LIMS data support and guidance to internal and external customers. Responsible for product launch readiness and implementation of tech transfer packages for NPD, PLCM, MLCM and site transfers.
- Create and revise LIMS documents (CofAs, Test Profiles) and Packaging CofAs, Stability protocols and Test Methods in the corporate document management systems for R&D and commercial products as required per change control activities.
- Perform peer review of documentation (i.e. methods, SOPs) and LIMS static data changes for accuracy and compliance with departmental, corporate and regulatory guidelines, and provide feedback as required.
- Route electronic documents through document management and laboratory information management systems to secure history and allow items to become available to subsequent users for re-editing purposes in a controlled manner.
- Initiate change controls in support of the creation/revision of specification documents, methods, and LIMS master data.
- Provide timely solutions and communicate decisions on technical support issues to internal and external customers including the troubleshooting of system & static data issues.
- Perform impact analysis on all proposed business changes to assess full impact on existing LIMS functionality & business processes.
- Review new products and map testing requirements to existing analysis inventory list.
- Liaise with QC and R&D labs, GIS, Global QC LIMS Business Support, Quality, internal & external consultants on new developments & cross-divisional changes for configuration, code, reports and projects.
- Draft and revise Global QC departmental SODs/WIs/GSOPs/GSUMs. Assign training plans for Organization units in SAP.
- Update appropriate corporate document management and change control systems to reflect revision history for new & revised lab documents
- Ensure the timely posting of LIMS CofAs and Test Profiles to the corporate document collections & to external customers as required.
- Monitor the corporate document collection for LIMS CofAs, Test Profiles and methods to ensure that electronic versions are current for viewing purposes. Support any upgrades/changes for improvement to the corporate document collections for LIMS CofAs, Test Profiles and methods by testing upgrades/changes made by GIS and participating in validation activities as required.
- Develop & maintain expert working knowledge of LIMS functionality through software upgrades & ongoing project implementations.
- Coordinate tech transfers from R&D to the commercial environment, including management of activities for the creation of Water-mark and commercial specifications.
- Implement documentation under the MLCM project in coordination with AO and RA.
- Ensure timely publishing of all specifications once regulatory NOC approval has been received.
- Perform all work in compliance with current SODs, GSOPs & GMPs.
- Issue change requests in support of group function.
- Support LIMS projects and initiatives. Attend cross-functional LIMS meetings as required
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Work as a member of a team to achieve all departmental/company goals and outcomes.
- Perform all work in support of Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence. Demonstrate strong and visible support of corporate values.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established regulatory, compliance and safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education required; University degree in science discipline preferred.
- Minimum 4 to 10 years working experience in a pharmaceutical lab environment.
- 4 to 10 years senior experience as a chemist or analytical data reviewer in a laboratory environment preferred.
- Progressive lab experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including working knowledge of HPLC and GC testing is preferred.
- Expert working knowledge of business processes for change control, LIMS static data design, analysis building & validation, product specification, method management & laboratory testing is an asset.
- Experience in configuring, validating & revising static data in the LIMS is an asset.
- Strong understanding of lab instrument software used by the laboratories & their interface to LIMS, including usage of LIMS Basic code, change control systems and document management systems is an asset.
- Expert user knowledge of software packages (eg. Word, Excel) is an asset.
- Ability to interpret and draft new test methods and LIMS analysis templates as per compendia (USP, BP & BP).
- Broad working knowledge of business processes and activities involved in the monitoring of Submission to Launch projects.
- Strong working knowledge of the coordination activities required between R&D and Commercial areas for ongoing support of Analytical Documentation Tech Transfer, PLCM and MLCM processes.
- Familiar with current Launch Databases for the management of Launch projects.
- Understanding of GMPs & GDPs.
- Ability to co-ordinate and complete projects/project tasks within strict timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team work skills
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong change management skills; preparing for and facilitating the implementation of change.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
Project Leader, LEAN
Responsible for driving change through the identification and quantification of continuous improvement opportunities within Quality Control operations. Engaging management and employees in analysis and improvement of identified areas critical to the business and external customers. Ensuring project execution through personal accountability, team facilitation and commitment to transform organizational culture, deliver business results and drive for sustainability.
- Collaborating with business leaders, key customers, suppliers and employees in the identification, prioritization, selection and execution of a portfolio of LEAN projects through the introduction and application of the DMAIC methodology to deliver business results, delight customers, transform organizational culture and achieve Aveva/Apotex core strategic plan objectives.
- Using the LEAN tools and methodology, work as a change agent to drive and facilitate positive change – continuous improvement – in support of accomplishment of improving laboratory productivity and capacity.
- Lead, facilitate and/or support the development of project design, justification, scope, specifications and cost estimates in collaboration with process owners and other key stakeholders.
- Working in partnership with teams of highly experienced individual contributors to execute and deliver project results by leveraging expertise in mentoring, relationship building, envisioning meaningful change, strategic thinking and team building.
- Developing relationships with stakeholders to become a trusted advisor and strategic partner.
- Demonstrating leadership through coaching and mentoring teams of employees in the practical understanding and application of LEAN tools to lead improvement initiatives.
- Under the direction and guidance of the Manager, Site Lean Champion, facilitate and deliver training in the use of LEAN tools to expand knowledge and understanding and to further enhance the continuous improvement efforts throughout the Site.
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory, compliance and safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering, Sciences and project management experience in a manufacturing environment. Quality Control or related laboratory experience preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of business experience, demonstrating leadership by achieving outcomes through others, developing and maintaining positive working relationships, clarifying expectations and seeking understanding, and taking ownership and accountability for own performance
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience successfully leading multiple Lean projects and demonstrating expert knowledge of DMAIC, Value Stream assessment, application of Kaizen and other key Lean methodologies
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt qualification required, Black Belt qualification a definite plus
- Strong presentation skills to facilitate communication of LEAN initiatives in various forums – small group presentations, large employee meetings and briefings with senior leadership
- Proven strong organizational, time management, and project management skills. Demonstrated experience in coordinating project activities
- Experience with leading and facilitating team events
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills – excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Ability to be a self-starter, work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to challenge the status quo in an effort to drive systemic change and improvements
- Working knowledge of GMP
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, MS Access, SAP (preferred) and statistical software
Specialist, Computer System Validation
- Keeps abreast of new regulations/guidelines, emerging regulatory agency and industry trends and keeps Management aware of developments.
- Uses sound, technical judgment in making decisions and recommendations and adheres to Company policies, CGMPs and applicable Standard Operating Procedures when performing job responsibilities and assigned tasks.
- Effectively manages workload and prioritizes work in line with the overall department and Company objectives and requirements.
- Ensures validation activities are performed and completed in a timely manner.
- Adheres to schedules, provides timely reports/assessments and ensures appropriate corrective and preventative actions are identified and implemented in a reasonable timeframe.
- Ensures information contained in protocols and reports, as well as that provided to support changes and/or qualification/revalidation is clear, concise, accurate, meaningful, scientifically sound, and well documented.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation/records/data (electronic or paper), filed in an organized and easily retrievable manner.
- Ensures electronic information systems/databases are both effective and efficient and meet the needs of the department and Company.
- Works on continual quality system improvements and efficiencies, developing new or modifications to existing systems, as required.
- Provides support, guidance and functional direction in the area of validation and compliance.
- Provides routine progress reports and keeps QA management informed of on-going activities.
- Works independently or as part of a team, and conducts oneself in a professional manner fostering a positive work environment
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Passion, Perseverance, Collaboration and Courage; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- Acts as primary QA representative in the company-wide Computerized System Validation Program; as an active standing member of the CSV team, is responsible to fulfil all responsibilities as laid out in company governing policies and procedures.
- Reviews, recommends and implements changes to validation program, quality systems, and approved procedures as required, ensuring information, processes, directives, etc. are accurate, practical, and compliant to Regulatory and Industry standards.
- Spearheads and monitors Computer System Validation projects and provides the necessary guidance to other site personnel to ensure satisfactory and timely completion of all validation activities.
- Liaises between Quality Assurance and Information Systems, and other departments within Apotex Pharmachem Inc. in relation to the creation, review, and approval of validation deliverables, operating procedures, and quality systems.
- Co-ordinates, schedules and performs the review and approval of protocols and reports, i.e., DQ, IQ, OQ and PQ, relating to the Qualification of Computerized Systems and other validation/qualification documents as required.
- Reviews the user, functional, GXP requirements, and ensures successful execution of validation program requirements.
- Reviews all computer system change controls, deviations, incidents submitted by any department to ensure that the computer system is maintained in an accurate, validated, and compliant state.
- Participates in vendor audits/assessment; reviews all documentation, including the performance of vendor audits .
- Authors, reviews and approves procedures and documentation related to computerized systems.
- Identifies CSV and other related area training needs, develops modules and delivers training to site personnel on an as-needed basis.
- Acts as project lead or provides support/guidance to assigned compliance and/or efficiency projects.
- Participates in the internal self-inspection program as an active audit team member.
- Participates in Regulatory and Customer Audits as a subject matter expert in the Computerized System Validation program, as required.
- Provides backup support in process and cleaning validation programs.
- Participates in special projects and performs other tasks as assigned by Supervisor/Management in support of Departmental and Company initiatives.
- Performs all work in compliance with our Code of Conduct and Business Ethics, and related policies and with the legal and regulatory requirements that apply to our job activities;
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes;
- Performs all work in support of our Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion and
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- Education at the University, or equivalent, level in a related scientific discipline.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good working knowledge of applicable regulatory guidelines including FDA (21 CFR Part 11), ICH, and GAMP.
- Practical background and superior understanding of validation principles and regulatory requirements/guidelines (Canada, USA, GAMP, EU, PIC/S and ICH).
- Understanding of API / Pharma and/or related industries validation environment.
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing skills; good negotiation, training and presentation skills would be an asset.
- Effective project management and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications and programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management related software.
- Minimum five years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry (or GAMP industry) in the area f Validation, with focus on Computerized Systems. Knwledge in analytical method validation, equipment qualification, process and cleaning validation is desirable.
Apotex Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Apotex and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Apotex Jobs;