YMCA Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at YMCA by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of YMCA which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
The YMCA is one of Canada’s longest standing and largest charities, with a presence in Canada since 1851 and now serving more than 2.1 million people annually across 1,700 program locations.
Apply Online YMCA Jobs
You can be a member of YMCA family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application page where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Whether you’re looking for your first job or your next one, you can find one that’s perfect for you at the YMCA. We’re always looking for energetic people who share our passion for making Canada the healthiest place to live, work and play.
The YMCA offers meaningful work opportunities where you will find a fun, supportive work environment, opportunities to grow and develop your skills and to be a part of something bigger. If you have strong personal values, care about people and want to make a difference, the YMCA is the place for you.
If you are considering a career with the YMCA, you can look forward to:
- Developing your leadership skills in a caring, challenging and diverse working environment
- The opportunity to explore a wide range of jobs and functions
- Shaping the future direction of the organization and the community in which you work
- Participating in YMCA career training programs
- A healthy work/life balance
Chief Executive Officer
As a growing charitable organization, the Y serves more than 34,000 individuals at multiple
locations, including two large health, fitness, and aquatics centres in Greater Victoria. Core
● Health, Fitness, and Aquatics
● Licensed Child Care
● Supported Housing
● Community Health
● Camping and Outdoor Education
The YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island is one of five combined Y organizations in Canada. The
association model incorporates programs and services from the YMCA and the YWCA to serve
the diverse needs of communities on Vancouver Island. The Vancouver Island Y works
collaboratively with both national organizations and associations across Canada and the
Western region to learn, share, advocate and innovate for the healthy communities.
Skills and Qualifications
● Post-secondary degree in business administration or a relevant field with
executive/senior management experience
● An advanced degree such as an MBA is desirable
● Minimum 8-10 years of progressive management responsibility and experience in a
complex non-profit/charity, private corporation or public sector organization
● Proven track record in operational excellence, new building development, and capital
● Knowledge of, or experience with, leadership and management principles as they relate
to charitable organizations
● Knowledge and appreciation of the mission, vision, and values of the YWCA and YMCA
● A clear understanding of Board governance, policy, and strategy roles as distinct from
● Ability to maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related
● Experience as a spokesperson with a wide-range of audiences including the media,
donors, senior government officials, and the broader community
YMCA Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for YMCA and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for YMCA Jobs;