University of Alberta Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at University of Alberta by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of University of Alberta which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Apply Online University of Alberta Jobs
You can be a member of University of Alberta family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application page where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
We connect talented people to the right opportunities. Our postings are for internships, permanent, temporary, and summer positions for both full-time and part-time work. Our postings are open to all current students, postdoctoral fellows, and alumni.
Search by keyword
Already know the employer, job title, or general area you want to find? Use keywords to find it.
Sort postings by filter
Filter postings by job title, organization, date posted and deadline date.
Bookmark your favourites
Keep track of the job postings you want to apply for by saving them to your bookmarks in your account.
As one of Canada’s top teaching and research universities we employ over 15, 000 faculty and staff across five campuses making us one of the largest employers in the Province of Alberta.
Academic Staff Employment Opportunities
- Deans / Senior Executives
- Faculty / Instructional / Research Associates – By Faculty
- Administrative / Managerial / Professional
Support Staff Employment Opportunities
- Administrative / Financial / Research Support
- Technical (Information Technology)
- Technical (Science / Medicine / Other)
- Other (Trades / Facilities / Athletics / and More)
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Assistant Supervisor, Fitness and Lifestyle Centre
The Assistant Supervisor, Fitness & Lifestyle Centre reports to the Supervisor, Fitness & Lifestyle Centre. The Assistant Supervisor works in conjunction with the Supervisor to maintain the safe operation of fitness facilities, personal training services, and will support in the development of the casual staff within the fitness department.
The Assistant Supervisor will facilitate a broad range of facility operations, fitness services, and events. The Assistant Supervisor is responsible for monitoring, scheduling and evaluating facilities, services and events; managing spaces; and assisting in the scheduling of casual staff.
- Assist in the development and ongoing review of Fitness Centre policies and procedures.
- Assist with the office administrative duties such as answering telephone, preparing annual summaries, reports, documentation and statistics, marketing/ information brochures, ordering supplies and equipment to ensure professional administrative procedures and facility public relations;
- Makes decisions relating to various service delivery and facility issues and procedures made on a routine basis;
- Qualified and responsible to make decisions and judgements concerning emergency procedures utilizing a combination of the Faculty’s policies and procedures and their own knowledge of standards, procedures and first aid training;
- Assist in the development and ongoing review of new facility procedures including facility/program manuals and communication devices required to create understanding by staff members;
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the following administrative documentation: fitness services; program/service records; monthly equipment and facility maintenance logbooks; accident reports;
- Assist with the maintenance of staff records, staff certifications and training documentation 7 Maintaining Fitness Professional Contracts.
- Assist in the training, evaluation, and indirect supervision of casual staff
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills when situated at the fitness centre customer service desks or in activity spaces;
- Ensures that all Fitness staff practice excellent public relations on a consistent basis for the Fitness and Lifestyle Centre, Saville Community Sports Centre Fitness Centre, the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation, and the University of Alberta;
- Assists in equipment and facility orientations for casual staff and contractors;
- Ensure that facility and equipment maintenance issues are communicated to the maintenance personnel;
- Assist in supervising the effective operation of fitness facilities and troubleshoot problems as necessary;
- Maintains a current understanding of new industry standards and developments in fitness centres and fitness services. Contributes to the changes and improvements as they apply to the fitness centres and fitness services;
- Responsible for ensuring that the fitness facility and service standards satisfy not only the Faculty and Campus and Community Recreation standards, policies and procedures, but exceed industry standards where possible;
- Assists in the delivery of a variety of fitness, health and wellness programs to meet the needs of a variety of user groups;
- Personally provide fitness/personal training services
- Assist with the delivery, leadership and development of specialized conditioning programs and workshops and informational content creation within the department and external contracts upheld by the Campus and Community Recreation.
- Creates and maintains strategic alliances and partnerships with internal and external client groups;
- Develop and participate in promotional activities and events across campus designed to enhance student and community awareness in the area of physical activity and health;
- Responsible for communication with various user groups and the general public with the goal of increasing program registrations, service sales and facility usage, in turn increasing the facility’s profile, the awareness of the Hansen Fitness and Lifestyle Centre, Saville Community Sports Centre and revenues;
- Assist in the development of online/website fitness and wellness content;
- High School Diploma required; Diploma and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Recreation or related field preferred;
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ is required;
- CSEP – CPT Certification is required;
- CSEP – CEP Certification would be an asset;
- Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) CFT, Resistance Training Leader Specialty and/or Fitness for the Older Adult would be an asset;
- Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification (AFLCA) Trainer or Assistant Trainer (or willingness to obtain) would be an asset
- Experience in Recreation Facility Management Software in particular Intelligenz is an asset;
- Fitness Centre operational experience would be an asset;
- Experience in personal training would be an asset;
Executive Support – Operations and Maintenance
The Executive Administrative Assistant – Operations and Maintenance will be providing senior level administrative support to the Associate Vice-President (AVP) of Operations and Maintenance and the leadership team within Facilities and Operations. This role performs and organizes activities to support the daily operations by ensuring that administrative services align with established goals and objectives. The Executive Assistant – Operations and Maintenance arranges and coordinates logistics and assists with content of events and meetings. All work will require an understanding of the mission, vision, role, and goals of the administrative unit, the portfolio and the institute.
- Provides administrative support for daily activities; acts as the primary support for the AVP of Operations and Maintenance
- Manages dynamic calendars/schedules, prioritizing meetings, events and other activities
- Provides meeting support, including: coordinating meetings, selecting and booking venues, arranging catering and equipment, etc.; compiling and distributing meeting materials (agendas, reports, and minutes/notes); recording minutes/meeting notes and ensuring follow-up of action items, etc.
- Drafts and/or generates routine communications; composes routine correspondence for signature
- Provides clerical support, including: typing, formatting, editing, proofreading, ensuring that documents meet professional standards and reflect the department’s competence and credibility as a unit within the University of Alberta
- Develops documents; creates presentation and speaking materials; compiles presentation materials for both internal and external use
- Acts as a point of contact and resource support for the business unit, reviewing and prioritizing requests for information
- Coordinates planning and delivery of conferences and/or business unit events
- Prepares standard and ad-hoc reports for business unit; runs and completes analysis of reports and queries; designs and develops customized reports for specific needs for administrative leaders
- Oversees annual department processes such as vacation plans, conferences dates and attendance, performance appraisal schedules
- Liaises with other administrative staff to enable information flow between units
- Provides backup and assistance to administrative team members as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Diploma in Office Administration; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum 5 years of administrative support experience at a senior administration level, preferably in an academic environment
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps
- Supplemental advanced training in Word and Excel would be an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Communications Strategy Lead
As the Communications Strategy Lead you will play a key role in sharing and shaping the U of A student story, always looking for opportunities to reach and engage the next generation of digital-savvy undergraduates in authentic and dynamic ways.
The Office of the Registrar’s Marketing & Communications team works on initiatives that support areas such as recruitment, admissions, current student services, student financial support, and convocation. You will develop and deliver marketing and communications plans and initiatives for a variety of internal and external audiences with a focus on student recruitment. This senior communications position is your opportunity to engage with a prospective student audience, using a multi-channel marketing approach, that impacts the student experience from their first contact with the U of A through to convocation. This position reports to the Marketing & Communications Director and has supervisory responsibilities for one coordinator within the team.
- Develops, executes and implements multi-channel marketing and communications strategies.
- Provides communications recommendations and guidance to the Marketing & Communications team, as well as units within the Office of the Registrar.
- Maintains collaborative and effective communications processes and workflows.
- Determines key themes, campaigns and creative concepts based on relevant research and rationale.
- Delivers presentations on creative concepts and marketing initiatives to ensure clarity and buy-in.
- Ensures key messages are delivered across all channels consistently and effectively with quality top-of-mind.
- Researches, designs, and implements prospective student focused projects that meet audience needs with respect to appropriate communications and distribution channels.
- Collaborates with the team to ensure appropriate plans, messaging, priorities, resource allocations and actions are completed and delivered.
- Monitors and measures outcomes of marketing and communications efforts across all channels to ensure targets are being met while making adjustments and recommendations for improvement as required.
- Participates with the design team to inform concept direction.
- Writes and edits creative, compelling copy for various communications projects.
- Supervises one direct report and provides guidance and support to all members of the team.
- Undergraduate degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Communications/Marketing environment including experience in a project management environment
- Extensive depth and breadth of experience working across media communication platforms (traditional, digital, social)
- Obvious flair for creative development including excellent writing, editing and proofing skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- A positive team contributor who, without direction, gets started and proactively thinks about what needs to come next
- Proven ability to successfully manage various projects
- Experience working in a large organization; post-secondary an asset
To provide administrative/financial/computing assistance in support of the University of Alberta-Huawei Joint Innovation Center (UHJIC). This is a diverse position requiring a person who excels working independently. The position requires a person who can juggle many responsibilities at the same time and meet ongoing deadlines. The position requires a pro-active person who takes the initiative and follows up on all duties. The person will also need to be able to track and coordinate specific project details and partners, and support the Centre Director’s administrative and financial functions
- Format, edit, proof and assist in preparing annual and other reports and grant submissions.
- Prepare statistics for reports as required.
- Manage/prepare project progress reports for the committee
- Develops agendas, assembles any preparatory materials and documentation for meetings and acts upon any action items arising from the meetings
- Records meetings and summary reports, and follows up on action items assigned to the Steering Committee members; proofreads and/or edits materials requiring the UHJIC Director’s signature
- Assists with organizing special events including; arranges for catering, locations, distribution of information with respect to the event, preparation of name tags, and any gifts or handouts for the event
- Follow current processes outlined by Immigration Services to invite foreign visitors. Including drafting letters of invitation, processing immigration related and liability waivers.
- Purchase equipment related to UHJIC’s functioning as needed and track inventory of equipment.
- Create and maintain UHJIC’s webpage as appropriate.
- Updates internal databases and runs reports as required; maintains filing systems.
- Prepares appointment letters and processing pay forms for UHJIC’s PDFs, grad students, and support staff as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems regarding: non-payment, overpayment, or incorrect payment of payroll.
- Be aware and follow current payroll processes and adhere to deadlines
- Manage multiple financial research accounts
- Prepare all paperwork for purchases, and other eligible expenditures on accounts.
- Reconcile all expenditures to accounts on a monthly basis. Follow up and resolve any discrepancies found with the reconciliation (i.e.: wrong account, amount, etc.)
- Maintain a budget for accounts and update periodically.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly/annual reports for research projects including balance of available funds and encumbrances.
- Make travel arrangements (such as booking travel, hotel, and car reservations and preparing itineraries) for UHJIC Director, UHJIC’s Steering Committee members and visitors.
- Prepare travel claims and expense claims for UHJIC Director and UHJIC’s Steering Committee members and visitors, adhering to eligibility guidelines of expenses outlined by the granting agency, calculating foreign exchange, gathering signatures, etc.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in one of the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) area
- Formal administrative assistant training or equivalent experience of 2+ years
- Preference will be given to candidates with working proficiency/conversational ability in Mandarin
- Strong computer proficiency using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google (Gmail, docs, spreadsheets, forms and calendar) applications
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft applications
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail, and the ability to work within tightly restricted timelines
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal, problem solving and critical thinking skills are required
University of Alberta Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for University of Alberta and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for University of Alberta Jobs;