Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Sporting Life by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Sporting Life which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
The Sporting Life is invigorating, fun, and satisfying; its ski, après ski and everything in between. It is beach time with the kids or spin class at the club. From perfecting your swing to getting back on the old bike, the Sporting Life is hiking the trails of Algonquin or lounging on a boat in the Andaman Sea. The Sporting Life is the good life, and our customers are living it!
Sporting Life is a place where our customers can find the best, quality, brand name fashion and sports equipment that supports the active and energetic lifestyle that our customers live and love.
Sporting Life opened in 1979 with the belief that we could offer quality products and well-known brands that enhance our customer’s active lifestyle. Sporting Life has experienced consistent growth over the years, which can be attributed to innovation and excellent customer service, becoming a respected retailer who is known for top-of-the-line sports equipment and fashion.
2665 Yonge Street – Our Flagship store: This store is in the heart of uptown Toronto, with over 36,000 square feet of shopping space across two floors.
2545 Yonge Street – Our Bike and Snowboard Store: With over 10,000 feet of shopping space.
Sherway Gardens Location – Located in one of Toronto’s most prestigious malls, this location has 42,000 square feet of shopping space spanning floors. 2015 saw a newly built Sherway Gardens store.
Collingwood Location – Situated in the heart of ski country, our Collingwood location has 10,000 square feet of selling space.
Markville Mall Location – Markville Mall located at 5000 Hwy 7 E Markham, ON just north of Toronto is a 32,000 square foot store located at the south east end of the newly renovated Markville Mall.
Ottawa, Lansdowne Park Location – Located at `125 Marche Way In Lansdowne Park. We opened a 43,000 square foot store in the heart of the newly rebuilt Lansdowne Park in the fall of 2014.
Hillcrest Mall Location – In the fall of 2016 we opened a 44,000 square foot store at Hillcrest Mall in Richmond Hill.
Calgary Southcentre Mall Location – In addition to Hillcrest, we launched our first store expansion out of province, opening a new 42,000 square foot store in Calgary located at Southcentre Mall.
New Store Openings
In the fall of 2017, Sporting Life will open a new location in Yorkdale Mall in Toronto and the addition of another second store located in Calgary.
Sporting Life Yorkdale Mall Location – In the fall of 2017 we will see a two story, 48,000 square foot store at the east end of Yorkdale mall in Toronto.
Calgary Market Mall Location – In addition to Southcentre Mall that we opened in 2016. We are very excited to open another 44,000 square foot store in Calgary located at Market Mall.
Apply Online Sporting Life Jobs
You can be a member of Sporting Life family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Sporting Life where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Manages the cash team to ensure that Sporting Life standards are achieved through the relationship established with every customer during each transaction, the information collected for marketing and the accurate handling of the cash processes from beginning to end to achieve our mission statement:
• Assists in the planning and organizing of day to day cash operations of the store, to maximize customer service and productivity;
• Motivates and leads staff through personal example regarding customer service, readiness for business, accurate procedures, department cleanliness, staff relations, and compliance with company policies;
• Ensures paperwork is complete and accurate on a daily basis including bank deposits, reconciliations, balancing the safe, cash floats and petty cash;
• Recruits and selects qualified staff in conjunction with the Store Manager and assists with staff development through on-going coaching, succession planning, performance appraisals and fair and consistent leadership;
• Participates with the direction and control of opening and closing procedures and ready for business standards;
• Controls shortage and loss ensuring all loss prevention standards are promoted and complied with by all employees;
• Assists in the preparation of weekly staff schedules to ensure cost-effective work assignment scheduling;
• Ensures all equipment is in working order and that appropriate action is taken if necessary;
• Participates in training and works with the Training Coordinator to set up training sessions as needed;
• Prepares and maintains various financial reports; works in liaison with the accounting department;
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Participative yet assertive management style; leads by personal example, coaching and teamwork
• Enthusiasm for excellent customer service
• Operating knowledge of POS system, MS Word, Excel
• Knowledge of accounting principles
• High standard of professionalism
• Excellent organization skills to prioritize workload in order to achieve results in a constantly changing environment
• Works well under pressure
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
• Good analytical and mathematical skills with attention to 100% accuracy
• Strong sense of urgency in dealing with business and staff needs
• Understanding and identification with the basic goals of the organization
• AS400 operating knowledge would be an asset
Sporting Life is committed to providing accommodations for persons
Sporting Life Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Sporting Life and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Sporting Life Jobs;