PCL Construction Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at PCL Construction by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of PCL Construction which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
At PCL, you are part of the strongest team in the industry. Here, you help solve the most complex construction challenges, realize the most ambitious engineering and architectural visions, and leave a legacy that is second to none. When you join PCL, you are joining an incredible team. Real people who think and act like owners and have a steady eye on the future. Interested?
Apply Online PCL Construction Jobs
You can be a member of PCL Construction family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application PCL Construction where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Document Control Coordinator
- Reviews documents and drawings for necessary data, enters appropriate data into the corresponding PCL document tracking system and checks records for accuracy and completion.
- Ensures that all documents are filed electronically on the project computer network and a record of these filings are recorded in the corresponding PCL document tracking system where applicable (Document Log, RFI Log, Letter Log, etc.).
- Distributes all documents to subcontractors and other required internal recipients.
- Maintains project master document register and document distribution matrix.
- Ensures that all documents are properly submitted to all relevant stakeholders in compliance with contractual requirements and using mandated FTP or DMS systems.
- Audits document log and project file, identifies discrepancies and expedites delivery of missing documents.
- Completes and distributes reports related to project documentation.
- Reports on status of document management process to project manager and document control supervisor, designs and implements solutions addressing document management problems.
- Liaises with the project team and external parties for verification and resolution of relevant drawing issues.
- Organizes tasks and workload to meet the needs of the project team and their respective deadlines.
- Coordinates the ordering, receipt, and distribution of drawings, specifications, and other print-outs for the project team; Professional and respectful communication in all dealings and interactions internally and externally.
- Collaborates and interacts with all project team members towards achieving a common vision – service oriented with respect to site requests for documentation and resolution of information flow issues.
- High school diploma.
- No previous experience required.
- Past construction or clerking experience an asset.
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of construction sequences and PCL’s core business as a General Contractor.
- Ability to learn various client/engineer FTP or DMS systems as well as PCL specific software.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain and manage communication links with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to follow instructions through a standard work process.
- Ability to perform routine tasks with high level of accuracy and completion.
- Ability to act with urgency in a fast-paced environment with consistent work flow.
Executive Administrative Assistant
- Develops and maintains a well-organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
- Manages and organized Executive(s) schedule and programs
- Answers telephone calls and takes messages for manager, department, or team members.
- Elicits necessary information to allow timely and accurate responses and responds when appropriate.
- Greets all visitors and answers questions, directs them to meeting rooms, or connects them with appropriate staff members.
- Creates and maintains templates for forms, letters, tracking spreadsheets, etc.
- Performing all word-processing requirements, maintaining databases, tracking spreadsheets.
- Managing and communicating information while ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Assists with organizing meetings and/or special events, including arranging catering, venue, and distribution of information.
- Sending/receiving/distributing important documents via e-mail, USPS, FedEx, UPS, courier, and fax.
- Assisting project team with subcontracts, contracts, insurance issues, and correspondence.
- May have mail distribution and courier responsibilities.
- Prepare and provide department/team/manager with necessary documents and supporting information.
- May arrange travel, hotel, and car reservations and prepare itinerary.
- Able to mentor and coach other, more junior, administrative support staff.
- Orders office supplies for district or assigned area, as required.
- Assist in ensuring departmental compliance with timelines, reporting, etc.
- Willing and able to work in and adapt to change.
- Knowledgeable in department/project-specific software.
- Provides accurate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents.
- Develops and maintains strong, customer-focused relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Values, models, and coaches the solution provider and profitability culture.
- Other duties as required.
- Friendly and courteous with the ability to work in an open environment, while understanding periodic interruptions may occur.
- Proficient in meeting minute composition, shorthand.
- Proficient in Excel, composing and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Ability to compose professional letters to key clients, subcontractors and external stakeholders.
- Work has very little errors and can apply proper grammar and punctuation to documents and letters.
- Can type 50+ words/minute.
- Understands that as executive support, contact may occur outside regular working hours.
- Understands and complies to the strict confidential nature of the information across the corporation.
- Professional attire a must.
- Assist the project team (superintendents, project manager, engineers, construction trades and others) with the preparation of reports, financial summaries, invoices, time cards, etc.
- Assist visitors & vendors by greeting, welcoming, directing & announcing them appropriately and professionally
- Follow up with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors
- File, prepare, organize, maintain, and update documents and reports
- Send, receive, distribute, and update correspondence, data, reports, etc.
- Distribute mail and maintain in/out baskets of others
- Perform all word processing requirements and update spreadsheets
- Arrange details for meetings (room booking, catering, teleconference, invitations)
- Organize and order office/business supplies & maintain office equipment
- Coordinate and administer client needs
- 18 Years of age or older
- Authorized to work in the US
- Previous experience in an administrative or receptionist role
- Proficient skills with MS software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) and easily able to learn software programs quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks and support multiple people effectively
- Possess organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure, in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, accountable for results, and meet challenging deadlines
- Able to work with a diverse workforce and interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Willingness to learn and undertake new challenges
- Employment with PCL is contingent upon completing and passing a substance abuse test
- This position will work in a construction trailer/office located at Civic on First, Monday – Friday, 8 hours per day. Typical working hours are 7:00am-4:00pm with an hour for lunch
- This is a full-time hourly non-exempt position eligible for medical benefits and 401k contributions
- Create, maintain and execute the project plan and schedule and ensures compliance with budget
- Supervise and coordinate all construction activities
- Supervise, direct, coach and train assistant superintendents, coordinators, field engineers, surveyors, students and hourly craft workers assigned to project
- Create site specific plans and procedures; ensures the implementation of PCL’s Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite; adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements
- Ensure project materials and workmanship meets the project quality standards and design requirements
- Obtain necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial authorities and owners
- Resolve and advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts; anticipate and resolve project issues and schedule difficulties
PCL Construction Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for PCL Construction and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for PCL Construction Jobs;