Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Canadian Red Cross by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Canadian Red Cross which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
The Canadian Red Cross mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity in Canada and around the world.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is part of the largest humanitarian network in the world, the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. This network includes the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (Federation) and 190 National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies dedicated to improving the situation of the most vulnerable throughout the world.
The Canadian Red Cross is the leading humanitarian organization through which people voluntarily demonstrate their caring for others in need.
Our actions and decisions will be based upon:
- Humanitarian values, as expressed in our Fundamental Principles;
- Respect, dignity and inclusiveness.
- Integrity, accountability, effectiveness, and transparency, and adaptability.
- Quality and safety.
Apply Online Canadian Red Cross Jobs
You can be a member of Canadian Red Cross family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Canadian Red Cross where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a dynamic individual to join its People Services team. Reporting to the Director, People Services, Western Canada, this generalist position is responsible for employee relations, talent management support, coaching and development, organizational design, disability management, etc. in accordance with Canadian Red Cross strategy, established policies and procedures, and relevant legislation. This position works in collaboration with the broader People Services team across all provinces and territories, and is primarily responsible for supporting employees and volunteers situated in Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the client group operations
- Provides advice to the client group on identification of People Services needs and implements initiatives which support operational strategies and enable the operations to anticipate and adapt to existing and future needs
- Implements programs within client group(s) (e.g., workforce planning, training, succession planning, performance management, rewards, compensation) for management, employees, volunteers and delegates in coordination with broader People Services and specialist teams
- Provides coaching and advice to managers, employees, volunteers and delegates on People Services related matters
- Coordinates workforce planning, job classification and recruitment and selection process, also coordinates the annual performance management and salary administration process for the client group(s)
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees and managers on the interpretation of Human
- Resources related policies and employment legislation and monitors compliance, gaps and risks
- Consults on issues related to performance, Code of Conduct breaches, HR –related complaints, termination, etc and participates in their effective resolution. Escalates to the Director and keeps them informed
- Manages People Services related budgets or budget lines for client projects/program in collaboration with the client group
- Conducts exit Interviews, summarizing data to identify trends and makes recommendations to the manager and People Services
- Ensures tracking of People Services trends and metrics for the client group providing reports to clients and the people services
- Provides daily oversight, mentors and guides People Services Advisors including daily work planning, managing performance, and supporting their growth and development
- Keeps the broader People Services team informed of the operational activities and requirements of their client group
- Ensures there is national and provincial level coherence, standards and consistency in the service and initiatives within client groups
- Represents the People Services team with their client group to manage expectations and ensure effective two-way communication
- Works with the specialist teams and people relations to plan and prioritize workload within the People Services team and identify areas of overlap or opportunities for synergies across the client groups
- Support the identification of strategic and operational People Services needs analysis
Supports the development of other People Services team members including volunteers
Participates, and where assigned, leads in the development and implementation of People Services programs (e.g., training & development, compensation, workforce planning, performance)
- Facilitates focus groups, consultations, surveys etc. with client groups and other stakeholders to identify People Services program/system/policy needs, receive feedback and buy-in on strategies and solutions
- As required, represent People Services on various working groups
In times of disaster/emergency response, demonstrates flexibility and willingness to take on surge roles
- Other projects as required from time to time based on emergency operations and/or capacity building operational activities
Education and Experience:
- The minimum qualifications for this job are a university degree in Human Resources, Administration, or related field, and a minimum of three (3) to six (6) years of job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abilities and Skills:
Proven skills in a broad range of HR functions, including policy analysis and application, workforce planning, recruitment, performance management, disability management, recognition, occupational health and safety, and compensation administration
Excellent coaching and interpersonal skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Keen attention to detail
Proven skills in conducting investigations
Critical thinking skills
Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite, HRIS, applicant tracking, and time and attendance systems
Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
Superior organization and time management skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Self-directed, motivated, resourceful
Ability to work effectively with remote supervision
Ability to influence
Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team
Current First Aid Certification, or willingness to take training
Experience working with and managing volunteers
Experience supporting people relations activities before and during disaster response
Fluency in a second language
The majority of the work is performed in an office environment
Occasional travel may be required
This position is subject to the satisfactory completion of a Criminal Record Check.
Canadian Red Cross Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Canadian Red Cross and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Canadian Red Cross Jobs;