Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Alberta Blue Cross by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Alberta Blue Cross which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Who we are
As Alberta’s largest benefits carrier, Alberta Blue Cross provides health and dental benefits to meet the needs of over 1.7 million Albertans. We offer benefit plans for individuals and families, seniors, and large and small employers.
We cover just about every type of health benefit, including prescription drugs, dental, vision care, preferred hospital accommodation, emergency medical travel, ambulance, home nursing and chiropractor, as well as life insurance and short and long term disability coverage for group plan members.
As a best practices organization, Alberta Blue Cross is a three-time recipient of the Premier’s Award of Distinction for Healthy Workplaces, and is ranked as one of Alberta’s Top 65 Employers.
Apply Online Alberta Blue Cross Jobs
You can be a member of Alberta Blue Cross family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Alberta Blue Cross where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Case Manager- Group Case Management
Alberta Blue Cross has an opening for a permanent full-time Case Manager. This position is responsible for managing an assigned block of Weekly Indemnity (WI)/Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) claims. The Case Manager is responsible for the initial decision making on the claim as well as ongoing management that includes developing and monitoring treatment plans, return to work planning and rehabilitation programs. The Case Manager develops relationships with involved parties and provides expert advice to internal and external customers on a daily basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adjudicate Weekly Indemnity (WI)/Short Term Disability STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) claims.
- Ensure proper application of rules and regulations as outlined in the Group Policy and in accordance with the Canadian Life and Health Association (CLHIA) guidelines.
- Plan, implement and evaluate sound case management principles.
- Responsible for the issuance of correct benefit payment.
- Responsible for professional and accurate verbal and written communication with all stakeholders.
- Manage assigned portfolio and become subject matter expert on assigned groups.
- Communicate with other Alberta Blue Cross departments including Medical Underwriting, Group
- Underwriting, Sales, Group Administration, Accounting, etc. to provide and exchange information regarding claims activities, eligibility and financial transactions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience and/or education related to disability claims management is preferred.
- Knowledge of the insurance benefit industry is considered an asset.
- Requires analytical skills, detail orientation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in the decision-making process especially when under pressure.
- Strong team-player skills and cooperative attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strength in the areas of flexibility, innovation and independence.
- Must be able to deal effectively with the public, peers, and co-workers.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel will be an asset.
- Enrollment in LOMA or other industry related courses would be an asset.
Alberta Blue Cross Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Alberta Blue Cross and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Alberta Blue Cross Jobs;