Manages risk transfer transactional programmes and risk solution development for clients, often focusing on a specific LoB, Product, or Industry. Responsible for design of go-to market strategy, carrier negotiations and agreements, including maintenance of carrier and market relationships. Provides authorisation to Technical Broking to execute placements.
To be an engaged and
supportive member of the Toronto CRB broking practice. Provide
knowledge, leadership, insight and direction for property broking activities to
ensure that clients’ expectations are exceeded, and that WTW operational and
financial objectives are met. This role incorporates a wide level of
expertise, but always assumes the broker is capable of handling property
placements independently. Accessing and understanding the global
insurance market place is essential.
>> You can make sure that companies reach you by commenting below to find a job faster with more visibility.
but not limited to:
- Reporting directly to the Canadian CRB Property &
Casualty Broking Leader.
- Work collaboratively with the Toronto Market Leaders,
Canadian Property Team, North American Property Team and WTW global
- Develop and mentor associate brokers in Toronto (as
- Ability to handle property placements that vary in size
- Act as a lead property broker on key accounts.
- Form part of client teams and advocate on clients
- Develop new partner markets where
needed locally and support international relationships with carriers and
- Travel as reasonably necessary for underwriting
- Ensure that relevant regulatory and technical standards
- Orchestrate new business placement, renewals and
alterations of existing coverage.
- Develop, review and deliver presentations to secure new,
and build on existing, relationships.
- Review and evaluate information to assess and evaluate
client risks in order to support the placement of client risks in the
- Research and evaluate all solutions (insurance and
otherwise) in order to identify and develop optimum risk solutions for
- Provide coverage and program design advice and expertise
to clients; make recommendations regarding program improvements and
- Build strong partnerships with a broad range of insurers
and underwriters in the market in order to secure optimum terms and
conditions for clients.
- Participate in the drafting of manuscript property
- Work closely with global property teams to stay on top
of changes in the marketplace.
- Oversee preparation of draft proposals and finalization
of carrier quotes and coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty.
- Bind carrier quotes and review binders and coverage
- Request / Attend and participate in regular client
- Provide training sessions to WTW staff
- 10+ years industry experience
- RIBO license required
- Demonstrates knowledge of core insurance principles
& provide explanation to clients- with emphasis on Property All Risk
and Construction All Risk policies
- Ability to conduct research
- Deep understanding of required placement workflows
- Demonstrate core competency of Willis Towers Watson
- Values & Vision
- Self-starter/requires minimal supervision
- Will seek guidance when needed
- Solid presentation skills – written and oral
- Good listener
- Team player
- Enhancing client service skills
- Ability to deal with difficult client situations
- Demonstrates knowledge of Insurance structures
- Ability to provide expert, in-depth advice to client
resulting in overall client satisfaction
Job Application Link: https://careers.willistowerswatson.com/working-with-us/life-with-us/