Vancity Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Vancity by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Vancity which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
A career at Vancity puts you at the centre of a values-based financial cooperative in an inclusive work environment. We believe in rewarding innovation, supporting diversity, and making a positive impact—socially, economically, and environmentally. Vancity welcomes applications from all qualified job seekers, and if you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
Apply Online Vancity Jobs
You can be a member of Vancity family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Vancity where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Do you consider yourself detailed orientated and enjoy working with a variety of data to help inform our overall strategic business decisions?
>> You can make sure that companies reach you by commenting below to find a job faster with more visibility.
We are looking for a Risk Analyst to join our team. If you are the type of person who understands how to effectively collect and compile data and enjoys working within a team to translate data into insights, this is the role for you. The successful candidate will build strong relationships with our operational and risk teams and assist with ongoing optimization of our logistics network.
To deliver on VCIB’s goals you must be able to identify and mitigate risks and develop solutions and strategies with a continued focus on both our vision and values, and, our financial and service performance.
In this role, you will:
- Collect, compile and report data and information that supports the identification of emerging industry trends, risks and opportunities.
- Implement new data collection processes, optimize existing processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- Coordinate and execute data analysis project activities in collaboration with a variety of teams across the organization to increase operational efficiencies.
- Work in collaboration with external agencies to garner specific data and provide analysis of this data to internal departments to inform strategic business decisions.
- Coordinate and/or execute administrative duties in connection with Risk Management Committee.
- Research and discover opportunities within lines of business to better capture data and insights.
- Identify gaps and optimize operational effectiveness.
- Provide technical advice and expertise regarding operational practices and opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to translate operational, credit and compliance data into insight reports as required.
- Analytical – you can research and analyze a situation to identify risks, assets and liabilities and formulate recommendations as potential solutions or outcomes
- A strong communicator – both written and verbal
- Problem Solver – you identify challenges, diagnose issues.
Do you Have?
- 2-3 years experience as a Business Analyst, Functional Analyst or Consultant Experience.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- A knowledge and understanding of business analysis principles.
- Have intermediate to advanced experience using Microsoft Applications including Office, Excel and SharePoint.
- Have a high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Have excellent communication, presentation, problem solving, and organizational skills are essential.
- Can work with multiple departments, work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Experience with creation of dashboards and translating them to an end user.
You are someone who:
- Builds relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Believes values matter and see that there are different ways to look at any situation.
- Breaks down complex problems to find creative solutions.
- Problem-solves and makes decisions while balances resources and keeps our client’s needs and timelines in mind.
- Gives meaning to data, finds the key points of analysis that tell the story and outlines the risks.
- Negotiates to find the best solution for the bank and the client, balancing risk.
Bonus points, if you have:
- Knowledge of data integration methods and solutions.
Web Developer (Front End Developer)
The Vancity team is looking for a Frontend Developer to help us deliver more meaningful experiences to our members.
Do you want to work for a community organization and rapidly growing, trend-setting company? Do you want to be part of a creative, fun and collaborative work environment? Then look no further!
Vancity is looking to build visual experiences for the member, by utilizing IT and UX design. You will interact with all levels of staff, including senior management. You will be flexible, self-motivated, responsible, hardworking, and comfortable working independently or with a team, and able to work under pressure and meet fast-changing deadlines. You will express a professional interest and/or opinions in current digital trends and technologies as they relate to web and developing cool new products for Vancity.
In this role, you will:
- Build a portfolio of web projects for a fast-growing team within Vancity.
- Develop web experiences that get amazing results- work with end-users on functionality.
- Help build bold websites and evolve their codebase – own the projects.
- Stay on top of and implement the latest UX trends throughout our web properties.
- Present well-crafted development solutions effectively to team members and stakeholders in record time.
- Evolve our web properties into one, seamless converting machine.
- Configure and maintain content management systems and our website and react app code repo including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- MUST HAVE – 2-4 years of hands-on experience creating exceptional web experiences in the JAM stack – React experience is required.
- Familiarity with: GraphQL, Gatsby, Redux, Node.js, REST API, UX, UI, Responsive Web Design, Working with JSON data structures.
- Experience in custom, maintainable, scalable, and responsive front-end architecture.
- Ability to connect, read, and write to databases (SQL, MySQL).
- Experience with deployments to Azure and/or AWS.
- You have a strong desire to help create what is next in visual and interaction design.
- UX/UI experience with prototyping software and designer handoffs (i.e. Sketch, InVision).
- Passionate about web testing organization and process.
- You are self-driven enough to move projects forward and meet deadlines.
- You are a creative problem solver, able to contribute simple solutions to complex challenges.
- Your attitude is positive, even in stressful situations and you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- You’re able to learn on the fly and also share your knowledge with the team.
- You collaborate quickly and closely with a wide variety of other creatives.
Bonus points, if you have:
- Experience with Headless CMS platforms
- Virtualization experience (Docker)
- Mobile App Development (iOS and Android)
- Progressive Web Apps
Can you do this:
- Lead a UX team for specific web based projects (i.e.: vancity.com), test the experience within sandbox environment, ensure accurate, bug free, coding and effective intersections with other financial calculators to optimize the web experience for the member
- Develop and build various creative options, test, receive go-live decision for web experience
- Ensure that members will realize the web experience rapidly, and ignite interest and excitement throughout Vancity to assist acceleration of web development uptake and scalability across the enterprise. Present well crafted development solutions to team members and stakeholder on time and on budget.
Are you interested in process improvements to influencing our credit card product roadmap, we take part in every step of development-and continue tracking our work even after launch. We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our team.
You will take a member insight and data-driven approach to credit card product management from the beginning to the end of their lifecycle, including development, promotion, growth, maintenance and closure. You will identify cardholder needs from potential or existing cardholders while managing product integration and work-flow between multiple products and teams. You will have experience in planning business/ technical requirements to ensure alignment with business objectives and overall product objectives. Work closely with cross-functional teams to refine or adjust requirements throughout the product development/ enhancement process.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Consult with Marketing, Member and Community Intelligence, Member Services, Community Business Investment, Information Technology, Risk and external stakeholders to identify and translate insights, champion, enhance and develop product and channel solutions, implement portfolio roadmap while managing risks and budgets to enhance member well-being and achieve business objectives.
- Work closing with Marketing to develop and implement strategic program programs with particular focus on product acquisition, retention and migration.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of assigned complex product portfolios from the perspectives of risk appetite, member impact, technology and systems requirements, volumes, revenues and/or breadth of the product array to enhance member well-being and achieve business objectives.
- Develop, maintain and refresh member personas in consultation with User Experience to enable complex member-centric product development and management.
- A great communicator – you use your communication and interpersonal skills to act as a resource for the specialized area, provide specialized advice and explanations, and respond to inquiries.
- Fostering Teamwork – the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Establishing Focus – The ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business’ mission.
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Conceptual Thinking: The ability to find effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective.
- Strategic Thinking: The ability to analyze the organization’s competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers (internal and external), and strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
- Solid knowledge of business and financial concepts, marketing, member insights, regulatory requirements and techniques of project management and product lifecycle management.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to act as a resource for the specialized area, providing specialized advice and explanations, and responding to enquiries; and also to develop management reports.
- Advanced planning and coordination skills to prioritize projects, identify and optimize resources, develop business cases and project plans, and manage the full product lifecycle through all phases.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills to diagnose and mitigate challenges, issues, and risks, and capitalize on opportunities.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to identify and collaborate with the appropriate stakeholders across the organization and externally, communicate project progress, manage expectations, identify and mitigate project risks effectively.
- Solid research and analytical skills to assess and identify opportunities and risks based on consumer, business, market, and community trends.
- People leadership skills to provide technical coaching, guidance and support to junior staff.
- Post Secondary Education/Diploma (Marketing)
- Post Secondary Education/Diploma (Business Administration)
Bonus points, if you have any of the following:
- Product Management
- Product Marketing
- Project Management
- Business Communications
- Financial Planning
Vancity Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Vancity and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Vancity Jobs;
Looking for a job that makes a difference. Take a closer look at Vancity. Every day, our employees are engaged in building a stronger economy, a sustainable environment, and a healthier more vibrant community.
At Vancity, you can grow your career, receive comprehensive and flexible rewards and benefits, and make a positive impact in the community in which you live and work. At every level, Vancity employees enjoy the satisfaction of knowing their ideas and expertise are contributing to a new financial model that supports social, economic, and environmental prosperity and sustainability.