Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at TransAlta by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of TransAlta which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Great companies are built by great people, so what does TransAlta look for in people to join our team?
Our corporate culture is one that has been cultivated throughout our more than 100-year heritage of pioneering innovative ways to safely generate reliable, responsible and affordable electricity. It is the power of our values that connects us as a team, and we aim to acquire talent that aligns well with our core values.
Work ethic is one thing, but in addition, a TransAlta team member drives for results by taking accountability for his or her work. We take pride in our workplace where we are loyal to one another and respectful in our working relations. Integrity is the foundation of our business and through our employees’ leadership, TransAlta will lead the way to a clean power future.
>> You can make sure that companies reach you by commenting below to find a job faster with more visibility.
Our people enjoy:
- Competitive pay, benefits, vacation plans and personal days
- Retirement plans
Apply Online TransAlta Jobs
You can be a member of TransAlta family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application TransAlta where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Seasonal Equipment Operators
TransAlta’s Sundance Plant, located 75km west of Edmonton, is currently seeking to fill 28 positions as Seasonal Equipment Operators. Reporting to the Supervisor, Reclamation Centre, the Equipment Operators are responsible for the safe operation of heavy equipment for the purposes of seasonally dictated reclamation activities and winter snow removal. Other general reclamation activities will be performed as required.
Please note: This in an IBEW Local 254 position covered by the terms of the collective agreement.
heavy equipment (farm and construction)
Keephills ash lagoon operations
Spraying / weed control
Cenosphere salvage and bagging
Rental property maintenance
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in heavy equipment operation
Grade 12 completion or equivalent required
Proficient in basic computer applications
Experience with carpentry and construction
Commitment to working in a team environment
TRADER, EAST CASH
TransAlta is currently looking to hire a Trader, East Cash, reporting directly to the Manager, Term Trading & Analytics, East. This position is core to the East Term desk progress in driving speculative trading ideas and risk. This role will focus on speculative power, gas, and options strategies in cash markets through the prompt two months.
- Accountable to have speculative focus on PJM/MISO/ISONE
- PnL target of $3m annually
- VaR allocation of up to $500k
- Tenor limited to balance of the month + 2
- Accountable to act as analyst for new business lines and structured transactions
- Accountable to research fundamentals and develop trade ideas in power and gas
- Accountable for position back up of managers
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, or Mathematics
- 5+ years related market and trading experience
- Strong knowledge of ISO markets, power generation fundamentals, fuels, FTRs/congestion
- Ability to process information and make decisions quickly
- Strong background in modeling commodities derivatives
- Demonstrated ability to communicate strategy, risk, and deal execution to peers and management
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently use time for research, analysis, and professional development
TransAlta Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for TransAlta and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for TransAlta Jobs;