Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at The Globe and Mail by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of The Globe and Mail which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
The Globe and Mail, founded in 1844, is Canada’s foremost news media company and a part of Canada’s fabric. We cover events that have changed our nation as well as the day-to-day happenings that continue to shape us as a country.
Each day, The Globe leads the national discussion by engaging Canadians through its award-winning coverage of news, politics, business, investing and lifestyle topics, across multiple platforms. The Globe and Mail print and digital formats reach over 6 million readers every week, with Report on Business magazine reaching over 1.5 million readers every issue in print and digital. The Globe and Mail is owned by Woodbridge, the investment arm of the Thomson family.
The Globe has won more national newspaper awards than any other news organization in Canada, and has been honoured with multiple Michener Awards for public-service journalism.
Apply Online The Globe and Mail Jobs
You can be a member of The Globe and Mail family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application The Globe and Mail where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Product Business Manager
- Leads the multi-disciplinary team responsible for launching and managing the new Report on Cannabis B-to-B product. This role owns the P&L for this product.
- Partners closely with various departments including editorial, marketing, subscription sales, and digital and data science to ensure the product is meeting or exceeding all its target. Staff working on this product will report to their relevant department and report indirectly to this role.
- Ensures regular, ongoing, effective communication between all key stakeholders
- Collaborates with editorial to develop clear understanding of the core target audience, and ensure appropriate content is being developed
- Develops marketing and sales plans, in conjunction with current Globe marketing & subscription team, to maximize awareness of the product and drives new subscribers/retain and enhance existing ones.
- Works closely with the Digital team to ensure the product is being delivered effectively and the technology is being maximized
- Regularly evaluates product performance against all key metrics, reports regularly on progress, leads ongoing product improvements as needed, generates new revenue-generating content ideas, and updates existing business plans/leads development of further plans and growth opportunities
- Gathers and analyses market research data/market intelligence to identify and capitalise on opportunities. Identifies trends, audience and revenue opportunities. Proactively shares this information with key stakeholders.
- Provides insights to our Events team to ensure the company’s events offer highly targeted and effective content.
- Develops a deep understanding of the cannabis industry and our audience’s information needs via research and networking. Establishes key relationships with individuals and companies in the industry.
EVENT CHASE PRODUCER
- Support the Head of Event Programing and the Globe Events team with all aspects of speaker management including speaker research, contracting, travel arrangements and itineraries, pre-interview scheduling, gathering of assets needed to build event microsites and marketing materials, onsite speaker management and more.
- Support the Globe Events team with the tactical planning and execution of all events including pre-event preparation such programming, sales and marketing and assisting with setup, registration, tear down, and post-event wrap-up.
- Prepare essential event documentation such as draft P&Ls, speaker itineraries, event surveys, post-event reports, and/or client contracts as needed.
- Provide general administrative support to the Event team with tasks such as email communications, ad bookings, requesting vendor quotes, venue booking forms, etc.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Journalism, Communications, Event Management, Marketing, or Business preferred).
- 2-4 years’ experience in media and/or b2b events.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced research and conference editing skills.
The Globe and Mail Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for The Globe and Mail and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for The Globe and Mail Jobs;