Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Teck Resources by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Teck Resources which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
At Teck, you’ll find challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada’s largest diversified natural resource company.
Notice – Recruitment Fraud
Please be aware that there are unauthorized individuals using Teck’s identity in fraudulent attempts to solicit fees from job seekers. Note that Teck does NOT use recruiting or placement agencies that charge fees to job seekers, including “placement fees”, “equipment fees” or “immigration fees”. We do not require job seekers to pay any fees as part of our recruitment process. If you are uncertain as to the authenticity of a recruitment firm claiming to represent Teck, please contact us directly at 1-604-699-4000.
Who is Teck?
Headquartered in Vancouver, Teck is Canada’s largest diversified resource company with major business units focused on copper, zinc, steelmaking coal and energy. Our operations and exploration projects are located around the world, including North and South America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Africa.
We live and work in some of the world’s most incredible locations. Add to this challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth, and we think you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Apply Online Teck Resources Jobs
You can be a member of Teck Resources family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Teck Resources where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Supervisor, Water Treatment and Monitoring
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor, Maintenance and Projects, the Supervisor, Water Treatment and Monitoring is responsible for the management, permit compliance and performance optimization of Teck Legacy Properties’ water monitoring programs and water treatment facilities. Treatment facilities include the Sullivan drainage water treatment plant which is a high density sludge facility which currently operates on a seasonal basis by a dedicated team of four operators and maintenance contractors. Other facilities include seasonal lime treatment at Pine Point located in the NT, and Louvicourt located in Quebec. This individual will be responsible to ensure that clean water and waste residual product meet or meets quality and quantity requirements and continuous improvement is implemented through operations. This role will also support routine permitted water monitoring programs and support staff to plan, design and implement water projects related to mitigating metal and coal mine discharges that are occurring at other Legacy Properties.
- Develop and maintain a safe working environment through compliance with Teck’s Health & Safety Program and the BC Mines Act
- Ensure all tasks and work are planned and completed in line with Teck’s commitment to safety
- Build on the current safety culture with the objective of creating a proactive safety culture
- Provide technical and planning support for the operations, maintenance, and performance for water treatment of the water facilities including accountability for achieving planned physical availability and laboratory functions
- Provide technical support to operators when equipment is down and assist in troubleshooting
- Directly responsible to ensure permit compliance register is accurate and that all permit conditions are met
- Ensures product quality and quantity meet all regulatory requirements
- Ensures monitoring, including effective QA/QC practices, is implemented to accurately reflect facility performance
- Manage and monitor contractor safety programs and requirements in keeping with our contractor management policy
- Develop, maintain, implement, and ensure compliance of all operational, maintenance and laboratory standard operating procedures
- Monitors, collects, and reports on operating statistics and cost on a monthly basis and production reporting as required
- Leads annual water operations budgeting and monthly forecasts
- Participate in the capital expenditure authorization process for major repairs or refit
- Follow appropriate internal accounting controls and take the necessary corrective action to protect the assets to enable effective cost, financial and management reporting
- Ensure regular equipment preventative maintenance and schedule appropriate manpower to complete tasks
- Lead continuous improvement efforts, focusing on reducing risk, including facility performance and operating costs
- Monitor training and certifications against existing and future requirement
- Identify and capture operational risks for this facility and contribute to operational and facility modifications to reduce unacceptable risk
- Manage communication between the facility, Sullivan site Superintendent, Maintenance and Projects, purchasing, contracted operations, and contracted maintenance.
- Manage water monitoring programs, including the collection and analysis of data using Teck’s EQuIS database for internal and external reporting of results.
- Participate in community and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide direct supervision of water quality programs and water treatment operators as required. Maintain a BC Mines Supervisor’s certification.
- Other responsibilities as assigned or required
We are currently seeking a motivated individual for the role of Tailings Engineer, reporting to the Senior Tailings Engineer. The Tailings Engineer will be responsible for implementing our tailings management system, managing small to medium sized projects and contributing to an extensive dam surveillance program for a for a large portfolio of operating and legacy tailings facilities, water supply dams and water management infrastructure.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work with the engineer of record to continuously improve and implement deposition planning, construction monitoring and dam surveillance programs
- Work closely with the dam construction team to develop and execute short and long range construction plans and schedules.
- Develop tailings and water related projects from concept through construction, including managing large geotechnical and hydrogeological drilling programs
- Prepare weekly dam surveillance reports that summarize instrumentation interpretations and trends and surveillance observations
- Technical writing for operations and project documents, including OMS manuals, as well as technical review of reports from external consultants
- Prepare necessary reporting at the site and corporate levels as well as to government agencies
- Work effectively with other operations groups, technical groups, and contractors to achieve desired outcomes
- Will be required to work weekends and extended hours as needed
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Be a Courageous Safety Leader, through promotion and adherence to established policies, procedures and safe work practices
- Maintain and repair of site structures and equipment in all areas of active mining, mine maintenance and processing
Teck Resources Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Teck Resources and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Teck Resources Jobs;