Statistics Canada Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Statistics Canada by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Statistics Canada which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
STEP 1: Apply online on the Public Service Commission website.
- Select the mathematical statistician career choice.
- Provide the following information:
- your résumé
- your grades for courses already taken at a recognized post-secondary institution (with complete codes and titles)
- a list of courses that you are taking or will be taking at a recognized post-secondary institution during this academic year (with complete codes and titles).
- Register for the written test for mathematical statisticians.
STEP 2: Write the test at one of the various locations across Canada. Candidates must supply a photo ID at the exam.
STEP 3: Successful candidates will be invited to an interview.
Upon request, you must be able to provide the following documents:
- a copy of your official transcripts from recognized post-secondary institutions
- proof of Canadian equivalency if you have a foreign degree or degrees.
Apply Online Statistics Canada Jobs
You can be a member of Statistics Canada family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Statistics Canada where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Complete the application carefully, ensuring that you have answered each applicable question.
When you are sure your application is complete, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. You will receive a message indicating that your application has been submitted and received, along with an individual reference number. Keep this number for future reference.
Only candidates who meet the screening criteria and geographic requirements will be contacted.
Interviewers are responsible for the collection of a wide variety of data from Canadian businesses and households, and conduct a variety of surveys. The Interviewer contacts the respondent to conduct the interview by personal visit or telephone.
Please note: for this selection process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by phone and/or email, including sending invitations for assessments. Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application up-to-date contact information including a valid email address and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users.
For previous Statistics Canada employees, reference contacts are not restricted to the list of names given by the candidate. The Selection Committee reserves the right to contact other references.
Candidates may be eliminated at any point during the selection process if they fail to demonstrate any of the essential qualifications through their conduct, for example, through: communication with the employer, screening, assessments, etc.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Statistics Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. In support of our strategy to achieve employment equity goals, selection may be limited to candidates self-identifying as belonging to one of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal people, Persons with a Disability and Visible Minorities.
- General criteria
- Successful completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or approved alternatives. A combination of education, training and/or experience may be accepted.
- Experience in performing basic computer functions (operating a mouse, keyboarding, opening /closing and locating software programs and files)
- Asset – Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel) or similar software
- Asset – Experience dealing with the public
During the assessment, we will consider the following:
- Accountability and dependability
- Respect, integrity and ethics
- Effective interpersonal interactions
- Influencing others
- Effective oral communication
- Conditions of employment
- Candidates must:
- have reached the provincial age of majority
- provide proof that they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or possess a valid work permit
- receive a reliability status security clearance
- be available to work variable hours on days, evenings and weekends.
- possess a valid Canadian driver’s license and have unrestricted use of a vehicle.
- have a private area in their residence to store confidential information.
- have reliable telephone service at their place of residence
- be willing and able to travel.
The above conditions of employment must be met before an appointment is made. All costs associated with meeting the conditions of employment are the candidate’s responsibility. Candidates must meet and maintain the above conditions of employment throughout their employment.
Statistics Canada Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Statistics Canada and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Statistics Canada Jobs;