Shell Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Shell by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Shell which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Shell Oil Company is the United States-based wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell, transnational corporation “oil major” of Anglo-Dutch origins, which is amongst the largest oil companies in the world. Approximately 22,000 Shell employees are based in the U.S. The U.S. headquarters are in Houston, Texas. Shell Oil Company, including its consolidated companies and its share in equity companies, is one of America’s largest oil and natural gas producers, natural gas marketers, gasoline marketers and petrochemical manufacturers.
Apply Online Shell Jobs
You can be a member of Shell family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application page where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
- Operating process units within the Production Unit in accordance to Production Plan and Daily Operating Procedures, Standing Instructions and site HSSE procedures;
- Operating the plant within the Design-Operating-Window and the Integrity-Operating-Window;
- Monitor performance to ensure safe and optimal operations of the plant, equipment (i.e. reactors, compressors, pumps, product storage tanks, etc.), pipeline distribution;
- Perform structured rounds (DCS Panel/Field) and take corrective action to maintain equipment and plant operations within safe operating windows;
- Managing plant and equipment upsets, abnormal conditions and subsequent trouble-shooting including incidents/plant emergencies and subsequent follow-up;
- Prepare equipment for maintenance and perform unit start-up, shutdown and plant turnaround activities;
- Update operating procedures and prepare job pack documentation for equipment repair;
- Contributing in keeping process materials records and to maintain good housekeeping practices;
- Keeping log records of operational activities for optimal and thorough handover to other shifts;
- Carry out/perform other related duties if requested by senior colleagues such as Production Team Leader, Shift Specialist, Production Supervisor.
- Conducting all above in a safe and complaint way in accordance to Shell Jurong Island HSSE regulations.
- Perform the role of Authorised Gas Tester (AGT) which includes conduct gas testing, zero energy check, issuance of permits for safe execution of maintenance tasks and turnaround activities
- Perform sampling work and basic laboratory tests
- Perform the role of Auxiliary Fire Fighter or First Aider in the event of emergency situations
Criterion Electrical/Instrumentation Technician
- A safe work attitude and practical knowledge of industrial safety standards
- A minimum of three years of electrical repair/instrumentation troubleshooting experience in an industrial plant environment, Military environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in the areas of electrical wiring along with diagram reading
- Experience working with flow control and flow measurement instrumentation is preferred
- Experience working on and troubleshooting pneumatic control devices, burner management systems, and computerized control (PLC/DCS) systems
- Working knowledge of HVAC & troubleshooting is a plus
- Ability to process paperwork accurately and efficiently
- Competent with general computer operations
- Communicate effectively verbally and written (including email)
- Ability to learn, troubleshoot and teach electrical and control systems for complex process equipment
- Oversee daily operations of terminal facilities including loading rack and tank farm activities
- Coordinate and execute product receipts via pipeline and truck
- Perform daily inspections and routine maintenance as per Terminal Operating Procedures
- Onsite supervision of drivers and maintenance contractors through effective leadership and communication
- Comply and enforce HSSE standards and procedures including PPE for personnel, drivers and contractors
- Manage Permit to Work system including confined space entry, control of electrostatic hazards and working at heights, including task observations
- Conduct product testing and quality control for pipeline and tanks
- Daily reconciliation of product inventories including transaction and documentation of product movement and analysis of loss/gain variances
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer software/hardware issues
- Liaison with internal/external stakeholders as required to maximize terminal reliability
The Process Operator is responsible for monitoring, controlling and conducting activities that pertain to unit operation and taking
corrective action when necessary to ensure that all unit conditions and operations are in compliance with Deer Park safety,
environmental, and operating policies and procedures.
Typical duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring strict compliance with Deer Park’s safety policies and procedures, taking immediate corrective action in the event a potential issue or unsafe behavior is observed.
- Ensure proper shift turnover by providing effective written and oral communications to the relieving shift and technician that cover routine and non-routine issues, problems faced, unit operating conditions, etc.
- Monitoring and accurately recording temperatures, pressures and rates of flow for upward or downward trends.
- Maintaining good communications with other team members and with other facility teams (Utilities, Logistics, etc.).
- Ensuring that operations are within environmental requirements.
- Performing required preventative maintenance and assist in troubleshooting potential issues and give assistance to others when unit problems occur.
- Making sure to document efforts in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Properly using personal computers for meeting daily performance expectations and accessing plant and unit information and procedures.
- Actively assuming personal accountability for meeting Deer Park’s standards of continuous personal and professional development.
- Participating in training and respond to emergency situations as required.
- Actively complying with all operating policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that work stations and the work location is clean and free of hazards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Shell Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Shell and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Shell Jobs;