Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Saint Elizabeth Health Care by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Saint Elizabeth Health Care which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Saint Elizabeth is a national health care provider that has been opening the door to new possibilities and experiences for more than a century. Recognized as Canada’s largest social enterprise, we employ 8,000 people and visit 18,000 clients every day. Through the Saint Elizabeth Research Centre, Health Career Colleges, the Saint Elizabeth Foundation and our leadership in person and family centered care, we are helping to make the future of health care brighter and stronger. Saint Elizabeth Health Care was awarded the Canada Order of Excellence in 2015.
As a Personal Support Worker (PSW), you will assist clients in the activities of personal care, household management and generalized services as per the client care plan and in conjunction with Saint Elizabeth Health Care’s policies and procedures.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- As a PSW you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- As a PSW you will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized PSNO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
Apply Online Saint Elizabeth Health Care Jobs
You can be a member of Saint Elizabeth Health Care family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Saint Elizabeth Health Care where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Health Care Aide (HCA)
Provide hospitality model service to residents, including personal care, activities of daily living, laundry, light housekeeping, assistance with meal delivery, orderly or porter service, assistance with recreational activities and leisure activities as per individual care plans.
Provide Medication Assistance Program requirements as per resident care plan
Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information (maintenance issues, concerns) to the LPN in a timely manner.
Demonstrate flexibility by being willing to change routine to accommodate needs of the resident.
Ensure resident care is delivered in a way that acknowledges resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, spirituality and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment as per Eden Philosophy framework
Provide quality service according to the Care Plan and SE Health policies & procedures, including participating in the development and updating of care plans.
Charting within approved documentation system on a daily basis
Actively participates in all ongoing educational programs
HCA certificate plus GED or Grade 12 English equivalency
A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 60 days is required
Up to date immunization record including a current TB test within 1 year
Knowledge of household management skills is required. Food Safe certificate is preferred
Working knowledge of assistive aids is required
Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment. Palliative Care training/experience is an asset
Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
Good computer skills.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written) and exercise good judgement is required
Ability to lift up to 25 kilograms may be required
Ability to perform lifting and bending in awkward positions when assisting clients may be required
Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- Current PSW Certificate
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights and weekends
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to work well within a changing environment
- A demonstrated appreciation for quality improvement processes
- A current CPR certificate
- Basic computer skills would be an asset
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement
- Updated Immunization Record, Clear Criminal Background Check and Vulnerable Sector Check is required upon hire.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience
Saint Elizabeth Health Care Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Saint Elizabeth Health Care and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Saint Elizabeth Health Care Jobs;