Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Pacific National Exhibition by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Pacific National Exhibition which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
The Pacific National Exhibition is the largest employer of youth in British Columbia, hosting the longest and best attended annual ticketed event in BC and is the site of hundreds of famous events. At the PNE, we strive to create an environment of equality, leadership, and teamwork. We are always on the lookout for individuals who want to work in a dynamic environment so take the time to review our current employment opportunities and let us know if you think you’ve got the drive to work at the PNE!
The PNE provides employment opportunities for various levels of employees from Frontline workers to Management and Executive positions in areas such as: Operations, Finance, Administration, Marketing, Sales, Human Resources, Information Services, Tech Services- Site Maintenance, Gaming, Agriculture, Public Safety, Food & Beverage, Ticketing, Games, Rides, Guest Service and more.
Apply Online Pacific National Exhibition Jobs
You can be a member of Pacific National Exhibition family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Pacific National Exhibition where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Assistant Manager, Catering
Who we are…
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 108 year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of $48 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our PNE Food & Beverage Team and help manage staffing and operations of catered events at the PNE. The Assistant Catering Manager is responsible for ensuring that the cleanliness, logistics and aesthetics of the PNE catered events are up to departmental standards and that service delivery exceeds expectations of our clients. This role works closely with the Food & Beverage team to ensure that all guests receive exemplary service to assist in securing repeat business.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work environment
- Health and wellness employee events – put your hiking boots on, or enjoy an evening out with your favorite colleagues
- Opportunity for free or discounted tickets to shows, events, sports games, and much more
- Staff discounts for Playland, The Fair, and Fright Nights, as well as all PNE Food Stands
- On-site fitness center
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to create lasting memories and friendships!
What will you do this year?
In your role as an Assistant Manager of Catering, your primary accountabilities will be to:
Assist in the planning and execution of Catered events/functions such as banquets, meetings, Playland Corporate BBQs and concerts
- Oversee the set-up and break-down while supervising and assisting during events
- Ensure there is appropriate staffing, coverage and catering equipment available for events
- Oversee a team of catering staff; and take part in any recruiting, orienting and training of new employees
- Prepare department employee schedules within established timelines
- Provide guidance and leadership to the catering staff; as well as manage their performance throughout their employment at the PNE
- Uphold a clean, well-maintained and safe working environment
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding to customer complaints and resolving operational issues efficiently
- Prepare various client correspondence, file maintenance and manage a variety of other administrative tasks
- Liaise with clients to ensure functions/projects are running smoothly, while adhering to set budgets
- Assist with monitoring the monthly/annual budgets and expenditures
- Continuously strive to improve service standards by handling any issues or concerns related to the operation of the Food & Beverage Department
- Enforce policies and procedures in accordance with to the Food & Beverage Department and organization wide standards
- Ensure that all operating equipment and supplies are properly cared for, stored and secured
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Grade 12; Post-Secondary education in a related field is considered an asset
- Must have a minimum of two(2) years’ experience in a supervisory/management role within the Food & Beverage Industry preferably within the operations of Banquets/Conventions/Catering Events in a reputable, high volume venue setting
- Detailed knowledge of the Food & Beverage industry in order to assist with catering functions, menu development and forward planning
- Knowledge of food & beverage/food outlet operations, and all applicable quality, hygiene and liquor licensing legislation, regulations and standards.
- Strong leadership and people management skills to effectively motivate team members and address performance concerns with staff
- Outstanding written, oral communication and presentation skills; ability to speak, read, write and understand English for the purpose of written and oral instructions\
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong administrative capabilities including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and electronic and hard copy file management
- Ability to interact positively with public and present a pleasant positive customer friendly image
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and effectively manage various situations involving clients
- Ability to spot potentially problematic situations and address them before they escalate
- Ability and willingness to work on an event based work schedule which requires extended hours and workweeks (weekends and late nights)
- Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Who are you?
- Skillful communicator
- Excellent time-management
Pacific National Exhibition Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Pacific National Exhibition and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Pacific National Exhibition Jobs;