Ontario Power Generation Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Ontario Power Generation by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Ontario Power Generation which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Ontario Power Generation Inc. (OPG) is a business corporation registered under the Corporations Act with Government of Ontario as the 100% shareholder. OPG is responsible for approximately half of the electricity generation in the Province of Ontario, Canada. Sources of electricity include nuclear, hydroelectric, wind, gas and biomass. Although Ontario has an open electricity market, the provincial government, as OPG’s sole shareholder, regulates the price the company receives for its electricity to be less than the market average, in an attempt to stabilize prices. Since 1 April 2008, the company’s rates have been regulated by the Ontario Energy Board. Firm has approximately 10,000 workers around world.
As one of the largest electricity generators in North America, Ontario Power Generation (OPG) offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value and where you can realize your long-term personal and professional goals. If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Apply Online Ontario Power Generation Jobs
You can be a member of Ontario Power Generation family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Ontario Power Generation where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Ontario Power Generation has been affected by the Covid-19 process like all other companies. People’s lockdown, forced isolation, and lockdown processes have affected Ontario Power Generation employees as well as all companies. The company, which takes all the precautions, continues to recruit personnel. The firm, which mostly purchases in entry-level jobs, eased the experience requirement especially in this period. You too, Ontario Power Generation
If you want to review job recruitment and apply, you can review the rest of the article.
Electrical and Control Technician
Ontario Power Generation Inc. (OPG) is looking for a skilled professional to join our team in the role of Electrical and Control Technician at our Kapuskasing, Ontario location.
Reporting to the Trades Management Control Supervisor, the Electrical and Control Technician is responsible for trouble shooting, assessing, inspecting, adjusting and making repairs to a variety of electrical, electronic, and control equipment, apparatus and instrumentation to the facilities’ systems as well as the calibration, monitoring and modifying of flow, pressure, temperature, level Instrumentation and data acquisition.
The Electrical and Control Technician is accountable for the inspection and maintenance work required on the Facilities high, medium and low voltage systems, distribution, controls and other equipment.
The ideal candidate would have experience in maintaining PLC systems and industrial control networks to ensure facility safety and reliability. Experience working with protective relays would also be an asset.
OPG is also looking for candidates that may also have a background in Protection & Controls. This key responsibility is essential to the maintenance and troubleshooting of regional metering, instrumentation calibration, protective relaying, communications and control equipment as well as the pre-service inspection, test and adjustment of electrical equipment at hydroelectric generating stations.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and actively participate in the periodic teardown and internal inspection of major equipment and sub components.
- Install, commission, inspect, troubleshoot, service, maintain and overhaul and assist with the design for all electrical/ electronic/control/protection/telecommunication or testing equipment, associated with generating stations and facilities.
- Prepare electrical, control, instrumentation, protection and telecommunication sketches, drawings, and bills of material.
- Assist in the design of computer programs as required for the efficient operation of the station.
- Carry out a variety of measurements including testing of electrical, control and protection equipment to recognized standards and procedures.
To become a new member of the Electrical and Control Team, the successful candidates must have the following:
- A valid Red Seal Certificate and/or equivalent including Industrial 442A and/or protection and control technician/technologist.
- 5 years of experience as an industrial electrician and/or protection, control and scada technician/technologist
- Strong commitment to Safety, Environmental Compliance, and Plant Reliability;
- Proven organizational skills, high work standards, strong technical abilities and personal accountability;
- Ability to maintain excellent records and documentation control;
- Experience with reading and interpreting measuring tools, graphs, and technical manuals;
- Strong computer skill in MS Word and Excel;
- Experience in maintaining PLCs, industrial control networks and scada systems
- Flexibility to work shifts if required (infrequent).
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing
Ontario Power Generation Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Ontario Power Generation and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Ontario Power Generation Jobs;