Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at OMERS by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of OMERS which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Life at OMERS
Life at OMERS means that we strive to deliver consistent and predictable performance. We invest in tools and communicate with people to grow individual capability and encourage accountability for outcomes. We replace complex processes with smart, efficient and effective critical controls. We are creative in our application of innovative thinking to our business opportunities and when we are solving problems.
Our mission is to deliver secure and sustainable defined benefit pensions to our members.
Our vision is to make OMERS a leading model for defined benefit pension plan sustainability.
Our core values
- Integrity: Conducting ourselves honestly and ethically in every interaction every day
- Service: Committed to high standards of service
- Teamwork: Working together to achieve results
- Excellence: Continuously striving for extraordinary performance
- Stewardship: Careful and responsible management today while building for the future
Apply Online OMERS Jobs
You can be a member of OMERS family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application OMERS where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Solution Developer (12 months contract)
• Perform the detailed design, development and testing of ServiceNow platform and technical components
• Manage catalog requests, catalog items, workflows, custom scripts, business rules, UI pages, UI actions, UI policies
• Maintain web services, orchestration and software integrations within in-house and with 3rd party applications
• Configure Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Design and develop new reports, dashboards and performance analytics widgets and support business in its usage
• Support existing and develop new SN Portals when needed (CSS, CMS, HTML knowledge is expected)
• Manage emails and similar integration technology with ServiceNow
• Manage ACL and the overall security of the platform
• Load, transform and maintain data within/between ServiceNow and other systems
• Author architectural solutions for ServiceNow projects
• Fix software defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
• Provide Technical Support of the existing ServiceNow environments, applications and modules.
• Perform unit testing, code reviews, development best practices and implement ServiceNow related best practices.
• Timely respond to system outages.
• Provide expert-level support and technical mentoring to internal and external stakeholders
• Follow good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
• Mentor staff on technical processes and procedures
• Participate in the full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and promotion into Production when introducing changes to SN.
• Interface with varied stakeholders on requirement refinements and solution architecture
• Consider technical dependencies and integration points to ensure proper solution integration with other systems when applicable
• Participate in sprint planning and requirements elicitation sessions with client stakeholders
Associate, Human Resources
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
• Coordinate and support the delivery and implementation of value-added HR programs, resources and practices that link HR initiatives with organization strategy
• Assist the business and partner with the Centre of Excellence and HRBPs by providing implementation support to organizational structure changes
• Focus on the HR team objectives and deliverables as outlined in the People Plan
• Work collaboratively with the enterprise HR team and offer insights on continuous improvements to HR programs, resources and processes. Initiate HR process improvements, process mapping/documentation practices
• Participate in cross-function projects as required and assist in special projects or assignments (i.e. HR Conferences, Take Your Kids to Work Day, On Campus Information Sessions, etc.) Other responsibilities as required in order to meet organization and team objectives.
• Supporting the co-op and summer student programs including needs assessment, student placement, orientation, and performance evaluations – partner with HR teams in the other business groups for a consistent OMERS approach
• Maintaining the Applicant Tracking System (Njoyn) to ensure all activity is tracked and progresses through the stages of recruitment in real-time while ensuring integrity of the data is maintained
• Providing recruitment support by managing job postings, resume screening and interviews for permanent roles Employee On-Boarding
• Accountable for administering the background check program and acts as the key contact to ensure all invoices are distributed to respective divisions for payment
• Conducting reference checks to ascertain qualifications prior to hire
• Facilitating the onboarding of new employees to payroll, benefits and pension Implement HR Programs
Data and Analytics:
• Creating and maintaining employee files in accordance with the Records Information Management Program
• Maintaining data integrity by maintaining and updating the employee portal – My Team, Organizational Charts and Employee Files
• Regular reporting and analysis for enterprise HR, Compliance and the business
• Keeping accurate records of Employee History Reports
• Managing all employee transaction through the HR Information System (Dayforce) and Applicant Tracking System (Njoyn)
To succeed in this role, you:
• 1-3 years of progressive HR experience across multiple HR disciplines (e.g. employee relations, compensation, benefits, recruitment, training & development, organization development, etc.)
• Completed post-secondary education, preferably in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
• Professional HR designation would be an asset
• Strong computer skills including experience working with Human Resources Information Systems /Applicant Tracking System/other HR Technology and MS Office
• Strong customer service skills
• Have a bias for action
• Experience executing in a dynamic, fast paced work environment
• Proven experience interpreting and advising on policies and practices related to employment legislation, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and change management
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, written, presentation preparation and delivery)
• Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively assess situations to determine business needs
OMERS Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for OMERS and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for OMERS Jobs;