No Frills Cashier Job Description
Customer service and basic computation abilities are required for the position. Workers greet clients, process purchases, apply discounts, and provide information about No Frills policies and services.
What age do you have to be?
The minimum hiring age for entry-level roles at No Frills, such as cashier, is often 12 years old.
How much does No Frills pay for Cashier?
Average salary $14.06 per hour.
Starting pay rates for No Frills cashiers are about minimum wage. Applicants with prior work experience may earn roughly $11.00 per hour. The grocery store company offers prospects for personal and professional advancement into management and supervisory positions.
Find No Frills Jobs & Tips;
Part-time and full-time employees at No Frills shops typically enjoy discounts on items and services.
No Frills currently looking for potential employees who are able to work evenings and weekends currently, and looking for 16-32 hours a week.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Perform customer service and cashier function as required
- Any other duties that may be required to ensure courteous friendly service, competitively priced products, and a store that meets and maintains the hygiene standards specified
- Demonstrated understanding of critical success factors for the no frills concept as a discount food store focusing on a low price image
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated Customer focus
- Ability to work with minimal functional direction
- Must be detail orientated
- Available to work varying shifts, including weekends and evenings
- Knowledge of common system requirements and procedures
No Frills Cashier General Informations;
- Providing excellent customer service and addressing needs of customers in a timely and effective manner;
- Assisting front-end manager in controlling customer flow and helping to reduce waiting time for customers
- Following proper procedures for customer check-out and handling of tenders
- Following all cash handling procedures
- Following established procedures to report errors in retail pricing or signage
- Promoting company sponsor programs when applicable
- Other responsibilities such as stocking and facing aisles may be assigned
- Friendly with excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and customers
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous front-end or customer service experience preferred
No Frills is a Canadian chain of deep discount supermarkets, owned by Loblaw Companies Limited, a subsidiary of George Weston Limited. There are over 200 franchise stores located in nine Canadian provinces – Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador.