Michaels Stores Job Application Process
Michaels Companies is an American company that is North America’s largest commercial products provider for arts, crafts, framing, floral and wall decor and makers, and DIY home decorators. The company was founded by Michael J. Dupey in Dallas, Texas. Michaels Companies are headquartered in Irving, Texas. Michaels’ competitors include Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin, Jo-Ann Stores, and several smaller chains. The company, which has 1274 stores in different locations, has approximately 45,000 employees. If you think you can make a career in retailing, if you have good human relations and are interested in such hobbies, this is the right place for you. You can follow the article carefully and apply for a job with the clickable link at the end.
Apply Online Michaels Stores Jobs
The Lead or SPO assists the Supervisor and Production Manager with the safety, quality, and productivity objectives of the department they support. The Lead’s objective is to assist with the training of new associates and to ensure the production and quality goals of the department are safely met.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Actively monitors shop environment to ensure that safety standards, conditions, devices, and materials are in place and functional at all times.
Reviews daily production reports & goals with the supervisor. Monitors KPIs through the shift and interacts with production staff to achieve them.
Actively monitors product during the shift to ensure that quality standards are being maintained with minimal waste and rework.
Monitors and ensures that materials, supplies, and tools needed to meet production goals are available at all times to the team.
Ensures that all equipment is serviceable and that all required operator pre-start, machine cleaning, and maintenance tasks are conducted.
Ensures that shop workspace and equipment is clean, recovered, and that 5S standards are maintained throughout the shift.
Provides direct support to the production team by filling in for operators for short periods of time each day.
- Provide Coaching and Training for production team members:
Actively engage assigned staff through direct interaction and communication in the production environment to support operator needs, bolster performance, and maintain open lines of communication.
Actively monitor and verbally coach operator performance during production shifts utilizing a balanced approach of praise and constructive corrective interaction.
Provide coaching and training tasks in support of production associate cross training initiatives.
- Provide input & feedback to the supervisor and management team in support of Continuous Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing projects:
Provide daily feedback to Management team on operator resource needs, machine performance, and any other issues effecting safety, quality, and productivity goals.
Based on expertise and observations (individual and team) make recommendations for improvements to procedures, techniques, and/or other production protocols.
Participate in Lean manufacturing projects as both a team member (when designated) and through change management leadership when projects are developed and rolled out to the shop floor.
- 1 year experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Manufacturing or Production Experience
- Must be able to read a ruler/tape measure and perform basic mathematical functions.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- High energy
- Strong verbal communication and coaching skills
- Strong, constructive interpersonal skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Physical (all with out without accommodation):
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for as long as 10 hours per day.
- Frequently bend from waist.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs above shoulders and reach above head.
- Must be able to continuously grasp and carry
- Will be exposed to high noise levels and work around moving machinery.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment which is subject to dust & high/low temperatures.
Replenishment Team Member
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Company programs to ensure compliance to applicable laws and requirements; execute Company policies and standards
- Participate in truck un-load and stocking processes to ensure truck standards are followed and completed within budget
- Participate in the planogram process (POG’s) in both SBA and seasonal to ensure they are complete timely and accurately
- Participate in the AD set process on scheduled Sundays
- Adhere to visual merchandising standards to ensure delivery of our brand promise to the customer
- Merchandise recovery and go-backs
- Help maintain seasonal sets and the feature space to our visual merchandising standards on a daily and weekly basis
- provide a well merchandised and in-stock store for the customer to shop
- Acknowledge customers, help locate product and provide solutions
- Interacts with others in an accepting and respectful manner; remains positive and respectful, even in difficult situations; promotes commitment to the organization’s vision and values; projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others
- Support shrink and safety programs
- Perform Store In Stock Optimization (SISO) duties as assigned
- Operate cash register and line busting as assigned
- Assist with Omni channel processes
- Enroll customers in the Rewards program
- Other duties as assigned
Michaels Stores Application Form/PDF
Michaels Companies accepts applications through their career site. When you click on the clickable link below, you can reach all open positions by typing “search job” on the site you accessed. In addition, from time to time, it also canonizes the applications made by hand from its own stores. Sometimes there is an application form in stores. You can complete your application by filling out that form or by submitting your CV directly.
How to Apply for Michaels Stores Jobs;