Jack Astor’s Kitchen Manager Job Description
Duties & Responsibilities
At Jack Astor’s it’s all about personality, yes, we’re all about a delicious menu and fantastic beverages, but more than that we own fun. Yep, our teams are more than our co-workers, they’re our Peeps. Whatever role we hold in the restaurants, we are there for each other. Jacks is about being ourselves and having fun – and when we have fun our guests have fun too. The point is if you’re friendly, fun, and maybe a little crazy then you’ll fit right in and the possibilities for your career are endless.
As a Kitchen Manager for Jack Astor’s you will be responsible for the following:
- Assume the leadership role to manage a kitchen that produces the highest standards in food quality, consistency, and efficiency.
- Effectively manage daily production goals as well as food, waste, inventory, and labour cost controls.
- Order product, new stock and supplies.
- Build and maintain a partnership with your team and Front of House staff.
- Live and teach our Values and Promises.
- Spread the enthusiasm and energy among all of our peeps!
- Training and development.
Find All Jack Astor’s Jobs Here; Jack Astor’s Job Application
- MUST be Smart Serve Certified.
- If you’ve had 3-5 years previous kitchen. management/supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment we’re interested.
- Culinary Red Seal designation and Smart Serve Certification are strong assets.
- Communication is key, so you’ll need to speak and write English well.
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of computers and learning new software.
- Numerical understanding, basic math skills; strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage our restaurants with a high level of attention to detail, hospitality and fun – winning mindset and enthusiastic personality.
- Previous experience with scheduling, inventory, product cost and labour control.
- Previous scheduling experience an asset.
- Possess five values that define our people:
- Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
- Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
- Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
- Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
- Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
How to Apply for Jack Astor’s Kitchen Manager Jobs;