Imperial Oil Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Imperial Oil by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Imperial Oil which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Imperial Oil Limited is a Canadian petroleum company. It is Canada’s second-biggest integrated oil company. Exxon Mobil Corp. has a 69.6 percent ownership stake in the company.
Apply Online Imperial Oil Jobs
You can be a member of Imperial Oil family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Imperial Oil where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Maintenance Mechanical Technician
As a Maintenance Mechanical Technician in Manitoba Operations, you will be performing or coordinating all functions relating to maintenance and installation of pipeline and fuel terminal equipment, repairs to existing equipment, and protecting the operations from pipeline and terminal interruptions, ensuring safety, reliability of equipment and supply / delivery systems, security, environmental protection, product quality and business control, consistent with operational excellence. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Inspect, maintain, repair, and replace terminal truck and train load rack equipment, including load arms, meters, strainers, filters, valves, underground/above ground storage tanks and piping.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair or replace pipeline valves, mainline/booster pumps, motors and safety equipment
- Work with site electrical/instrumentation technicians to complete corrective and preventative maintenance activities on instrumentation and metering components
- Develop detailed work plans outlining repair activities and strategies, and execute the plans in a safe and efficient manner
- Develop, plan, and execute preventative maintenance schedules for terminal and pipeline equipment
- Complete critical test procedures on valve and instrumentation equipment
- Support rigging and crane lift activities
- Interface with Imperial’s engineering and project departments as a site contact for upcoming terminal and pipeline projects
- Troubleshoot equipment failures; recommend improvements for reliability problems and site operational opportunities
- Troubleshoot and execute cross-trade activities based on level of knowledge and experience
- Scope, assess, and select equipment and components for site mechanical activities
- Maintain equipment inspection, maintenance, and repair documentation
- Conduct maintenance activities related to the Winnipeg Pipeline at the Gretna terminal and pipeline stations as required
- Provide Emergency Response as required
- Work in a manner that improves and enhances teamwork, plant organization and efficiency, conducting all business in a professional and ethical manner, communicating in a clear and timely fashion and providing accurate information and records.
- May be required to supervise contract workforce and ensure that other site users (drivers, associates, etc.) and contractors comply with the requirements
- Be involved in an on-call rotation schedule with other members of the terminal operations and maintenance staff
- Working a Monday to Friday schedule, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with and learn from various groups within Canada Fuels Operations including pipeline integrity, supply groups, the terminal operations support group, engineering & projects group, and other fuel terminals.
>> You can make sure that companies reach you by commenting below to find a job faster with more visibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent is mandatory.
- Post-secondary training as a millwright is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record are required for this position
- Knowledge and experience in terminal / pipeline operations, maintenance and problem solving, and customer service are considered assets for the role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge and skills with computer applications
- Able to meet the essential physical demands of the position as per job demands analysis
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills
- Ability to consistently follow safe work practices, basic maintenance procedures and enthusiastically contribute to a safe work culture
- Experience and knowledge in work permitting and energy isolation / lockout / tag-out processes
- Willingness to work overtime as required
- Able to work individually as well as in a team situation with minimal supervision
Heavy Duty Mechanic/Technician – Trucks and Support
Imperial is hiring a number of Heavy Duty Mechanics/Technicians for our Kearl oil sands mining operation. Reporting to a Mine Maintenance Supervisor, these positions are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of heavy equipment in a fully functional oil sands environment.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a variety of fleet equipment such as Heavy Haul Trucks, Graders, Loaders, Excavators, and Dozers. Provide support to the Shovel teams as needed
- Recording information related to maintenance repairs and work completed
- Adhering to all safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Taking part in all training requirements
- High school diploma or GED is a minimum requirement
- Interprovincial Red seal Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician eligible to work in Alberta
- 3-5 years’ experience minimum (oil sands experience preferred)
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record are required
- Able to work independently and as part of a professional maintenance team
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to safe operations and continuous improvement
- Experience using computerized diagnostics tools
An integral member of the Inspection group, you will develop and administer inspection programs for a wide range of pressure equipment including pressure vessels, boilers, fired heaters and pressure piping. You will provide work directions to non-destructive examination personnel and monitor non-destructive evaluation (NDE) contractor activities to ensure compliance with Quality Control Systems.
- A working knowledge of welding, inspection methods, corrosion mechanisms and non-destructive testing
- Familiar with codes and standards such as API, ASME, CSA, NACE etc. relating to pressure vessel and piping.
- Experience with Quality Assurance/Control Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Sound reasoning ability with a high level of self-initiative and a strong desire to learn
- The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- An Engineering Technologist diploma in Mechanical, Materials, Welding or similar
- All levels of experience in performing inspection activities in refinery/ petrochemical or similar set up are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge and skills with computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access etc.
- Valid driver’s lincense and safe driving record are required.
- API 510/570/653/580/581 certification would be a definite asset.
Pipeline Integrity Construction Supervisor
Seeking an experienced Pipeline Integrity Construction Supervisor to support Imperial’s Fuels Operations and Midstream business unit, executing digs and/or tool runs on over 40 pipeline systems across Canada. This position will be based out of Waterdown, Ontario. In this position you will report to the Imperial Midstream Pipeline Integrity Execution Manager.
- Provide proactive Safety Leadership
- Exemplify ownership/accountability, safety above schedule, hazard recognition, intervention, and effective communication
- Lead tail gate safety meetings with company and/or third-party contractor employees
- Provide effective leadership of third party contractors’ crews in pipeline maintenance activities including:
- Excavate, inspect and repair pipelines safely
- Execute tool runs and purge pipelines of product when required
- Assess manpower, equipment, and material needs for each work scope and communicate needs to project engineers/supervisors
- Understand pipeline alignment drawings and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Recognize unusual operating conditions and initiate required emergency response procedures
Employees in this position must have the interest, willingness and ability to learn and acquire the knowledge to master the above responsibilities and progress into other positions necessary in the operations and maintenance of the midstream business.
Imperial Oil Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Imperial Oil and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Imperial Oil Jobs;