IKEA Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at IKEA by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of IKEA which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
IKEA is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world.
We are a company with strong values and with a passion for living at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for as many people as possible.
IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable products and solutions. There are now more than 403 IKEA stores in 49 countries worldwide.
The IKEA store in Delft is part of Inter IKEA Systems BV, the owner of the IKEA concept and the worldwide franchisor of IKEA. (For more information, visit http://franchisor.ikea.com/).
Apply Online IKEA Jobs
You can be a member of IKEA family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application page where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
FOOD TEAM LEADER
WHO ARE YOU
• You are sales-oriented and service-oriented with experience in helping customers. You are passionate about food and cooking and you know how to put your heart in a good serving of it.
• You have experience of and appreciate working in a lively retail environment. You are flexible and know how to implement an action plan in the best way, you really get things going.
• IKEA’s leadership style inspires you and leading you by leading by example is important to you.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Keep the customer in focus and take steps to develop our sales and inspire your customers.
• Ensure that your area of responsibility, which is the Bistron, is in good condition and inviting. You also ensure that our products are always in good condition and properly priced.
• You are passionate about IKEA Food and actively learn more about the food we serve and gladly share your knowledge with customers and colleagues.
• You contribute to and support the implementation of the department store’s business plan and the following activity plan
• Promote a culture where safety comes first, and coach others to ensure that routines and requirements are known and followed in all daily tasks.
• Develop, coach and inspire employees on a daily basis and work on development talks.
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE – FORKLIFT DRIVER
WHY WE WILL LOVE YOU
- 2 years warehouse, logistics or similar experience
- Certified or ability to attain certification in at least one powered mobile equipment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Receives and ships inbound or outbound freight to ensure inventory accuracy
• Replenishes goods to self-serve area and sales floor
• Selects goods for customers quickly, securely, and accurately in order to meet delivery and multichannel service standards
• Uses technology to manage inventory while following policies and procedures
• Handles goods with powered machinery such as forklift, powered pallet jack, etc.
• Adheres strictly to safety and security standards and procedures
IKEA shopkeepers have one of the most dynamic and rewarding positions in an IKEA store. Your challenge will be to optimise sales and profitability within a shop and store by leading and inspiring your team and combining your knowledge of the IKEA product range with your knowledge of the local market and the needs of customers.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
- Optimising sales and profitability by taking ownership of the range and actively promoting the IKEA commercial priorities and volume commitments.
- Acting quickly on commercial opportunities and customer feedback, as well as keeping an active eye on competition, supply and performance analysis.
- Knowing your range and presenting the width and depth of the IKEA range in order to satisfy and inspire visitors.
- Ensuring that the shop is in excellent shape and fully stocked at all times so that customers can make a buying decision on their own.
- Create an environment of trust by encouraging open, constructive, honest, two-way feedback with my team and other colleagues while providing an inspiring and motivating direction for co-workers and engaging them fully in the IKEA objectives.
- Being available to deal positively and quickly with issues raised by customers thereby supporting my co-workers when they cannot resolve a need.
- Leading by example in terms of customer focus, co-operation with other departments, simplicity and giving and taking responsibility to optimize our customers’ experience in my unit.
- Work with the management team and co-workers to identify the root cause of recurring problems. Implement improved ways of working and following up to ensure we have been successful in resolving such problems for future customers
- Ensure co-workers are available and ready to help by putting customers before work tasks.
- Empowering co-workers through knowledge, confidence, trust, authority and motivation so they are always ready to support customers in the best way possible.
- Support in the development of cross-trained and empowered co-workers who make decisions to benefit for the customer and the store
- Lead the recruitment, selection, development and coaching of all co-workers in your department
- Understand the importance of accurate stock inventory and coach my team to also have this awareness and work with it in their daily roles.
- Understanding your department’s action plans, and supporting the goals and targets set by your manager.
- Support the store operations by acting as the store Duty Manager on a regular basis and supporting other departments on an as-needed basis
- Assuming responsibility for other tasks as they arise
Medewerker Sales, Sleeping & Storage, IKEA Delft
The Sales department at IKEA Delft consists of different departments spread over two floors. In the Furniture Sales department (1st floor) we mainly sell larger furniture and in the Market Hall (ground floor) home accessories. At Furntiure Sales, we currently have a vacancy in the Sleeping & Storage department for 12 hours a week.
As a Sales employee you are one of the most important IKEA contacts for our customers. You see customers before they see you, you help them kindly and you advise them on suitable housing solutions. You also understand the impact of a smile and always go the extra mile, so that customers with a good feeling for the right product choose and you exceed their expectations.
As a Sales employee at IKEA you must be able to work in a busy and hectic environment where you always have customers and colleagues around you. Every day is different. In addition you are;
- customer-oriented: you have an open and friendly image and you feel how you should approach a customer
- a sales talent with commercial insight
- proactive and a real approach
- a team player
- fluent in Dutch
- Flexible use, even in the evenings and during the weekends. During the holiday periods we would like to see that you are prepared to work extra
- initiative, independent and able to set the right priorities
- resistant to stress and used to working in a hectic (retail) environment.
IKEA Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for IKEA and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for IKEA Jobs;