Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at IESO by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of IESO which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Join a Dynamic Team
The IESO provides essential electricity services to the people of Ontario – ensuring there is enough power to meet the province’s energy needs in real-time while also planning and securing energy for the future. Ontario’s power system is changing and the IESO is changing along with it. Its employees are developing new skills in order to embrace the opportunities of this evolving, multi-faceted industry.
The IESO believes in building leaders at all levels and is committed to attracting, retaining and developing a talented, highly professional workforce.
Find career opportunities in engineering, information technology, business, finance, system and market operations, as well as in valued functions that support the IESO’s core business such as human resources, communications, and customer service.
Apply Online IESO Jobs
You can be a member of IESO family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application IESO where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Specialist, Market Development
Conduct studies and contribute to the advisory service for management on the design of the competitive wholesale electricity market in Ontario. Review market developments in other jurisdictions and assist in the development of the energy market designs as part of the IESO’s Market Renewal initiative.
- Conducts studies to monitor developments and trends in electricity and other energy markets. Provide advice to management on the relevance of such to the Ontario electricity market in the form of reports, presentations, review and study results.
- Assess and link short-term analysis to long term strategies; considers whether short-term goals will meet long term market development objectives.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in market theory and in current or proposed methods for energy/electricity trade. Peruse academic, technical and financial reports, studies, books, journals etc. dealing with various aspects of energy markets. Keep abreast of technological developments and best practices in the industry as they apply to electricity markets.
- Prepare contingency plans for problems and situations that might occur, and propose a course of action to accomplish long term goals.
- Participate in assignments related to Market Renewal. This may include working closely with external consultants retained for the same.
- Analyze and review Market Renewal designs with the OEB and government agencies.
- Review and analyze input from Compliance Section and Market Assessment Units and incorporate findings into Market Renewal design.
- Coordinate and align Market Renewal design with the IESO business development plans.
- Review regulatory decisions both abroad and in Ontario to determine possible implications on Ontario electricity market. Synthesize and propose to incorporate any possible implications into the Market Renewal designs.
- Represent the Division or the IESO, as assigned, on committees, task forces and in various forums. Make presentations concerning methods, results or analytical studies pertaining to market development plan to internal and external groups, as needed.
- Analyze and produce recommendations and reports on specific market development initiatives.
- Organize, conduct and participate in a public stakeholder process of Market Renewal and reports prior to developing final recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of Market Rule amendments as required.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of internal and external training as required.
- Provide market participants and others both within and outside of the IESO with advice regarding Market Renewal design.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the manager’s team to effectively implement the goals of the team within the context of the broader corporate direction.
- Perform other duties/tasks that may be required/assigned.
- Requires academic training in business, commerce, engineering, and economics at a level to understand and apply the technical/economical/legislative parameters governing the energy industry and market place.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral, in order to develop strategies, communicate and effectively interface with all contacts involved in accomplishing the work objectives.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the successful completion of a 4 years university degree, or equivalent.
- Requires a background in the utility business to become familiar with the inherent factors and problems influencing the energy industry.
- Requires a background that allows for broad thinking and high analytical and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the review of vast amounts of information, breaking it down, prioritizing and synthesizing several related trends to determine relevant impact within and outside Ontario.
- Experience in building relationships, strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Some project management skills to effectively complete work objectives/projects on time and within budget
- Strong presentation skills.
- A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience
What the IESO Offers:
- Competitive market wages
- Comprehensive benefit programs
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle
- A challenging fast-paced team environment
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry
IESO Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for IESO and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for IESO Jobs;