Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Humber River Hospital by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Humber River Hospital which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Humber River Hospital is one of Canada’s largest regional acute care hospitals, serving a catchment area of more than 850,000 people in the northwest GTA. The hospital currently operates out of its Wilson Avenue site with a total of 656 beds, 3,300 staff, approximately 700 physicians and 1,100 volunteers.
Affiliated with the University of Toronto and Queen’s University, the hospital is home to Ontario’s first Centre of Excellence for laparoscopic bariatric surgery; Canada’s first home nocturnal dialysis program and a major cancer program.
Apply Online Humber River Hospital Jobs
You can be a member of Humber River Hospital family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Humber River Hospital where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
- Facilitate early identification and timely designation of ALC for patients and all associated escalation processes.
- Support the development of the social work role to maximize the quality outcomes and experience for patients, families, staff and physicians. Lead inpatient discharge planning operations and initiatives, including joint discharge rounds, Long term care (LTC) rounds, iPlan implementation and evaluation.
- Lead quality improvement initiatives for discharge planning and integrated transitions in care.
- Monitor and evaluate daily operational clinical performance to optimize the quality of patient care delivery in alignment with organizational goals and priorities.
- Develop and monitor variances in unit operating budget in collaboration with the Director and Decision Support Services (DSS).
- Coordinate discharge planning to ensure all patients are referred to the most appropriate services for their clinical needs, and proactively identify and resolve barriers to discharge for patients.
- Collaborate with inpatient managers to identify process improvement strategies to improve the current inpatient system and reduce patient length of stay (LOS).
- Liaise with community and long term care hospital (LTCH) partners.
- Lead Joint Discharge Rounds (JDR) and bullet round process.
- Manage ALC escalation and data.
- Manage daily clinical operations, and evaluate operational performance against department and organizational goals and priorities.
- Identify patients that can be transferred to the ALC unit.
- Lead Joint Discharge Rounds, Complex Discharge Rounds and LTC rounds.
- Develop and implement policies and educational materials.
- Lead and participate in operational committees, both internal (e.g. Pharmacy Therapeutics, Safe Medication Practices), and external (e.g. professional clinical and operational practice networks including Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto).
- Participate in LHIN initiatives such as the ALC working group.
- Assisting both Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist with patient treatment for referred frail senior patients through the new Assess and Restore Program (HEART)
- Assisting with patient lifting, transferring and transporting as required
- Providing assigned, delegated treatment regimes.
- Able to work independently under the supervision of the OT or PT with delegated treatment and tasks
- Adherence to all delegated responsibilities
- Preparing patients for treatment
- Assisting the therapist in related duties
- Maintaining timely charting and workload measurement
- Monitoring and maintenance of equipment
- Other duties as assigned, including general equipment monitoring and departmental duties such as light cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Clinical supervision of students, including OTA/PTA students in collaboration with the PT or OT
- Position requires regular scheduled work on weekdays, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays on a rotational basis
- Occasional cross coverage within the inpatient Medicine and Surgical programs may be required as needed.
- Ability to travel from site to site may be required as needed
- Opportunities to work additional shifts within the Medicine, Surgery, and the Reactivation Care Centre (Finch location) programs during the weekday and weekend may also be available.
Transporting patients, pharmacy supplies, patient records, and specimens.
Transporting medical/surgical equipment, case carts, and other equipment as necessary.
Distribution of medical surgical supplies.
Collecting supplies, instruments, trays etc. from the entire Hospital and disposing in the appropriate way.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
One year related work experience required.
Demonstrated attention to details required.
Good command of the English Language (both verbal and written) required.
Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
Ability to operate, with training, machinery.
Ability to handle the physical requirements of the job.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills, and the ability to work alone or as a part of a team.
Humber River Hospital Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Humber River Hospital and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Humber River Hospital Jobs;