Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at EPCOR by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of EPCOR which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
EPCOR Utilities Inc., formerly known as Aqualta and Eltec, is a utility company based in Edmonton, Alberta, which manages numerous municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities throughout Alberta and British Columbia.
Apply Online EPCOR Jobs
You can be a member of EPCOR family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application EPCOR where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Manager, Technical Training
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Bachelor degree in any business related area (Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources) or Education (preferably Adult Education).
3-5+ years of directly related experience in a large training environment. Leadership and management experience in a unionized environment and large utility would be considered an asset.
Broad-based business operations or performance knowledge and understanding of change management principles.
Demonstrated ability in technical training management and advanced knowledge of adult learning concepts, with the proven ability to assess opportunities for organizational improvements and implement accordingly.
Proven ability to collaborate cross functionally in the development of systems, tools and processes to support training and development functions.
Proven ability to develop learning programs and proven ability in delivery skills.
Certification in Project Management is considered an asset.
E-learning – ability to develop and manage the creation and delivery of e-Learning development projects.
Consulting – ability to work cross functionally, facilitate understanding and build consensus
Strategy – ability to create a development strategy that identifies the direction, delivery, processes and procedure documentation while following adult learning and technical writing principles.
Project management – effective project manager, able to prioritize simultaneous deliverables under tight deadlines with a concern for client and business goals.
Systems – Excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Oracle learning systems, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Pro, Storyline, and other eLearning rapid production technology. Have a clear understanding of how to publish and test courses. Good working knowledge and use of Adobe Photoshop, Visio, and Audacity. Good working knowledge of virtual reality technology and App development. Basic working knowledge of learning management systems (Oracle Learning Management System preferred) and html.
Problem solving – Creative problem-solving skills and sound judgement.
Communication – ability to create effective written documentation for a broad wide audience. Ability to understand how to prototype, outline and storyboard ideas when developing training materials. Strong verbal communication skills: articulate, concise and audience appropriate.
Remote delivery – Skilled in defining approaches to deliver training to local/remote employees
Business acumen – skilled at objectively balancing the needs of the business, the learners and the project timelines/budget to get the best results.
Operational Excellence – understanding of process design would be an asset.
Manager, Learning Systems
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree in Education, Business, and/or Information Systems
- Knowledge of instructional design, facilitation and adult learning concepts
- Formal education in Project Management preferred
- Formal education in Change Management preferred
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- 3-5 years of Leadership experience in a complex corporate environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross functionally in the development of systems, tools and processes to assist in training and development functions.
- Creative systems thinker with the ability to optimize and automate processes.
- Strong consulting skills – ability to work cross functionally, facilitate understanding and build consensus
- Resilient professional with the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Effective, organized project manager
- Excellent information systems skills, specifically in Microsoft Office, SharePoint and learning management systems.
- A deep understanding of on-line delivery software and tools such as Captivate.
Repair and maintain fire hydrants, main line valves, water service lines, water mains, water meters and fittings, installation of new water services, water system flushing, water quality sampling, flow testing, traffic control, and preventative maintenance activities e.g. valve exercising and fire hydrant inspections.Installation, maintenance, and repair of wastewater collection systems including sewer laterals, mains, taps, main cleaning and clearing blockages, roach control, and raises/lowers/repairs of manholes. Provide assistance to Field Customer Service Representative, meter reading and Line Locator when needed to backfill due to absences. Performs other work as required.
Engineering Project Manager
The function of this Engineer position is to manage the delivery of water/wastewater capital projects through all aspects of engineering design, permitting, procurement, construction and commissioning. This is accomplished predominantly through the use of engineering consultants and construction contractors. The primary responsibility of this position is to deliver capital projects within budget and on schedule.
Reporting to our corporate office in north-central Phoenix, this individual will perform the following duties:
• Project scoping, scheduling, and cost estimation
• Value-based selection of engineering consultants and construction contractors through solicitation and review of bids and proposals
• Negotiation of design and construction cost proposals
• Active management and administration of engineering consultant and construction contracts
• Coordination of design and construction activities with Engineering and Operations staff
• Review and evaluation of technical documents prepared by engineering consultants
• Reporting on project progress and providing updated spending forecasts
• Interaction with Federal, State, County, and local regulatory agencies, other utilities, and property owners to obtain necessary easements, permits, licenses, certifications and approvals
• Oversight of construction activities and coordination with construction inspectors
• Completion of close-out documentation for asset booking and financial as-building
• Providing technical guidance and advice to support Operations staff.
Specialist, Stakeholder Consultation
Clean water and reliable energy are at the heart of what we do. We proudly keep the lights on and the water flowing in over 100 communities across North America. With a rich 125-year history, EPCOR has ambitions to be one of North America’s premier providers of essential services, and we have the top employer and sustainability awards to prove it. If you’re looking for new opportunities, people who care and work that matters, apply today to find a career where you matter more. Check out epcor.com/careers to find out more.
Electricity Operations is responsible for the electrical transmission and distribution systems in the City of Edmonton, with a focus on safety, reliability, and innovative and practical solutions. Our employees look after electrical infrastructure, as well as the underground and aerial distribution networks.
The Specialist, Stakeholder Consultation is accountable for the development and execution of strategic approaches to public consultation for a wide range of regulated and non-regulated Distribution and Transmission projects. The expertise this role provides is pivotal in maintaining and promoting EPCOR’s positive reputation in the community and involves the direct engagement with members of the public, media, government, and utility regulators.
EPCOR Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for EPCOR and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for EPCOR Jobs;