Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Collins Barrow by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Collins Barrow which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Talent, meet Opportunity.
At Collins Barrow we take your future as seriously as you do.
Ours is a people business, after all, and the development of professional staff is the key driver responsible for our continuing success.
Recognized as Canada’s mid-market industry leader, comprising 24 independent member firms and actively growing, Collins Barrow, its roots dating back more than 80 years, is fast becoming the true national alternative.
Known for our responsiveness and aggressively entrepreneurial culture, we are the eighth largest public accounting network nationally by revenue. Our more than 1200 professional staff and 210+ partners provide a full range of audit, tax and transaction advisory services to private and public companies through our regional offices from coast to coast.
As a member of Baker Tilly International, the world’s eighth largest public accounting and business advisory network of independent firms, we are able to extend our reach globally – to more than 165 countries – enabling us to provide country-specific advice to clients.
Apply Online Collins Barrow Jobs
You can be a member of Collins Barrow family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Collins Barrow where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Commodity and Indirect Tax Specialist
Collins Barrow has a tax intensive practice; tax services are provided by most of our professionals. Our tax group focuses on more specialized services, higher risk areas and significant transactions. As a senior Commodity Tax practitioner, you will provide professional support to partners, staff and clients. You will assist clients with reviewing operations to minimize tax cost and risk, assist in planning for important transactions, and deliver training to partners and other team members.
Our tax group offers an outstanding environment to continue to develop your tax career. You will enjoy tremendous diversity of work and experience and will have the opportunity to become the practice leader in this area.
If you would describe yourself as a Commodity and/or Indirect Tax Specialist in possession of an accounting designation, would like to build a GST practice, and are keenly interested in working for a leading professional services firm, then we want to hear from you.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working in a challenging and collaborative environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field.
- Having a deep understanding of the relevant Excise Tax laws and demonstrating the ability to apply them to specific client circumstances.
- Planning and leading indirect tax engagements including consulting on domestic and/or cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and indirect tax compliance.
- Proactively taking relevant and valuable indirect tax opportunities to our clients and grow the practice.
- Technical research of various income tax law prepared by other members in the tax group.
- Participating in the development and delivery of training programs.
- Actively mentoring and coaching team members to their highest potential.
- Providing guidance/expertise and participating in the performance of tax review, analysis and planning, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Proactively understanding the needs of the client and working with them to develop relevant and valuable tax solutions and planning strategies.
A successful candidate will have:
- A completed accounting designation or Masters degree.
- Completion of the In-Depth Indirect Tax program is an asset.
- Experience preparing technical positions for complicated Indirect tax matters.
- Superior ability to problem-solve, in particular with complex engagements, and to develop senior-level relationships with clients.
- Ability to identify proactive planning opportunities to particular client situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with MS office, CaseWare and tax return and research software.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to handle multiple projects with conflicting timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to effectively work with others and in teams.
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence.
Why Work for Us?
- Advancement opportunities exist up to and including partnership;
- The firm is committed to providing top-notch training and development to help you hone your skills as a commodity and indirect tax specialist;
- The firm offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, parking allowance, and recognition and rewards programs;
- Our people are fun, friendly and dedicated; and,
- We offer an informal yet professional work environment.
Collins Barrow Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Collins Barrow and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Collins Barrow Jobs;