Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at City of Markham by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of City of Markham which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
The Markham City Council is the governing body of the city of Markham, Ontario, Canada. It consists of the mayor, eight councillors who each represent one of the city’s eight wards, and four regional councillors who, along with the mayor, are elected via double direct election to represent the city at York Regional Council.
Apply Online City of Markham Jobs
You can be a member of City of Markham family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application City of Markham where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Reporting to the Community Facilities Supervisor/Coordinator, this position is responsible for facility operations maintenance and repair work related to arenas, community centres/halls, pools, change rooms (and cleaning of same) and any other assigned areas. This position oversees the facility to ensure programs/events run as scheduled and is responsible for the security and safety of the facility and its patrons when no other full-time staff are available.
- Ensures that the facility is opened and closed at the scheduled times.
- Notifies Community Facilities Supervisor or Community Facilities Coordinator regarding any staff or facility related issues.
- Operates the ice re-surfacer (Zamboni, etc.) and/or other specialized equipment (edger, scissor lift, swing machines, ride on scruber, etc.) and/or pool equipment (vacuums, etc.)
- Performs general cleaning/maintenance (i.e. mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, window cleaning, washroom/ dressing room cleaning, snow shovelling, garbage pick up, detail cleaning, set-ups and breakdowns of tables and chairs).
- Operates power tools, and cleaning and safety equipment.
- Responds to requests from patrons (general public) and other City of Markham staff on a general facility issues and or maintenance requests.
- Patrols the building looking for facility problems, safety hazards, or improper departmental operations.
- Is responsible for the security of the building in the absence of full-time staff.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are being followed by patrons and other PT maintenance staff as applicable
- Delegates and assigns job duties to part-time facility maintenance staff and follows-up, as required.
- Adheres to corporate initiatives (i.e. recycling, energy management)
- Utilizes computer systems (i.e. CLASS, Outlook, etc.)
- Monitors facility operation systems and records readings.
- Assists in the facility and equipment maintenance (i.e. painting, blade changes, etc.)
- Ensures facility scheduling is ‘executed’ in a prompt and timely manner
>> You can make sure that companies reach you by commenting below to find a job faster with more visibility.
Responsible to perform manual labour, generally as part of a crew, and to operate light and heavy duty vehicles/equipment and accessories/hand tools for roads maintenance/repair work as assigned.
Equipment operated includes tandem and single axle dump body, 5-tonne boom and 1-tonne trucks with hoist, tractors, mott mowers, 2-3 yard articulated loaders, plow and wing combination units with spreader control devices, accessory equipment such as trailers, hand mowers, trimmers, chainsaw, jackhammer, line-marking machine, sidewalk grinder both walk behind and ride on, etc. for purposes of maintenance and repair work related to roads, sidewalks/boulevards, culverts, curbs, catch basins, storm water management, barriers, snow removal, safety devices, etc.
Duties will include but are not limited to debris and garbage pick-up, grass cutting, asphalt/gravel patching, catchbasin repair, sod repair and, fencing, traffic control and safety devices, etc.; and Winter Control operations including snow plowing/removal, sanding/salting, hand-shoveling, debris removal, etc.; for compliance with Division standards and Health & Safety policies and procedures. Overtime, shift work and rotational standby as assigned. Responsible to provide back-up support to other Operations Labourer/Drivers as directed; and for contributing to a positive, productive, healthy/safe and respectful work environment; and for fostering and modeling customer-service excellence.
- High School Graduate or equivalent plus roads maintenance courses.
- Demonstrated experience in and working knowledge of roads maintenance, preferably in an urban growth environment; experience operating a range of light and heavy duty vehicles/equipment and hand tools, and with Winter Control operations.
- Knowledge of Minimum Maintenance Standards.
- Demonstrated skill in the operation of the following equipment will be considered an asset, tandem and single axle dump trucks as well as plow & wing combination units and spreader control devices for winter maintenance, operation of large articulated loaders, operation of 5-tonne or larger crane and boom truck.
- Ability to operate and perform routine maintenance & inspections on a full range of vehicles, equipment & tools as described above.
- Excellent work habits; good judgment; dependable, reliable, customer service attitude, time management, problem solving and record keeping skills required.
- Will be required to write knowledge test and road test.
- Submission and maintenance of Ontario Class DZ licence. As a condition of employment, you will be required to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract (No demerit points plus no more than 2 infractions – max of one moving and one non-moving conviction).
City of Markham Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for City of Markham and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for City of Markham Jobs;