Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at City of Edmonton by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of City of Edmonton which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
The City provides employees with a total compensation package that’s competitive in the market and includes a combination of base salary, comprehensive benefits and a commitment to work/life balance.
Your opinions will be heard, your ideas will be valued and your contributions will be rewarded.
Employee Development Plans
Supervisors use Employee Development Plans as a way to provide continuous learning opportunities for their staff. Employees work with their supervisor to create a learning plan to improve and build on their skills. Once the learning plan has been approved, there are options and resources available to achieve the goals set.
Our Corporate Employee Recognition Program recognizes the commitment and achievements of City employees. Here are some ways that the City of Edmonton recognizes our employees:
Apply Online City of Edmonton Jobs
You can be a member of City of Edmonton family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application City of Edmonton where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
ENTERPRISE CONTENT MANAGEMENT (ECM) COORDINATOR
The Edmonton Police Service requires one (1) self-motivated and energetic person to participate in the successful adoption and administration of the Electronic Content Management (ECM) system by ensuring that all information assets in the ECM system can be properly classified by applying appropriate metadata standards, content management policies and naming conventions. This position has a strong client focus where the ECM Coordinator will work closely with the EPS members and the Records Management Coordinator to ensure that all electronic records are managed through their lifecycle from creation to disposition/long term preservation in compliance with EPS established policies and procedures. Duties include:
• Ensure the ECM system is properly configured with EPS taxonomy and retention schedules.
• Promote the adoption of the ECM system across business units through collaboration, training and effective communication.
• Migrate content from different systems into the ECM environment according to IM best practices.
• Manage ECM file naming conventions, controlled vocabularies and taxonomies.
• Work with IT, Security Management and business units to ensure proper access control policies are in place for all electronic content.
• Develop/collaborate with technical support to design and control automated workflow solutions.
• Be the enterprise super-user for the ECM application.
• Acting as the point of contact for content specific ECM user inquiries.
• Responsible for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for upgrades/new add-ons for the ECM system.
• Ensure content is organized on the ECM system according to established Records Taxonomy.
• Work closely with the Records Management Coordinator in the application of EPS retention and disposition schedules in the ECM environment.
• Collaborate with the Digital Archivist in the application of the Long Term Preservation Strategies across the ECM environment.
• Implement classification file schemes for each business area in the ECM application.
• Define and manage automatic declaration of records in the ECM application.
• Participate in the creation and identification of business unit specific document classes in the ECM application.
• Manage the electronic record disposition process in the ECM application.
• Make recommendations for new policies or procedures or change existing policies and procedures as per the evolving business environment with respect to the ECM application.
• Train EPS members with efficient use of the ECM system.
• Develop and maintain training documents and reference materials in support of the ECM system.
• Assist in managing the Administrative Records Centre (ARC) and the Physical Records Management Program.
Ambassadors for the City
The success of our business depends on the expertise and support of our administrative professionals. These enthusiastic individuals are responsible for various activities and set the tone of professionalism and positivity in the workplace.
Ensuring information is always organized and accessible, administrative professionals often act as the first point of contact between different departments as well as with external clients, and are excellent ambassadors for our organization.
Assessors and Appraisers
Maximize Your Talents
The City of Edmonton offers careers that assessors won’t find anywhere else. From large-scale industrial developments to your family’s backyard, our assessors affect the growth of every square inch of Edmonton. Large, vibrant and alive with potential, our municipality offers the opportunity for you to do great things. Join us and utilize your talents and ambitions to achieve great results.
Making the City Work Better
Build the workforce that builds the City of Edmonton.
Help enhance our City with new business initiatives, guide important projects and maintain a strong leadership presence with our dynamic group of business professionals.
The City of Edmonton offers a wide range of business professional opportunities including positions in marketing, human resources, law and various others.
City of Edmonton Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for City of Edmonton and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for City of Edmonton Jobs;