Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Chartwell Seniors Housing by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Chartwell Seniors Housing which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is the largest operator in the Canadian senior living sector. With over 175 locations across four provinces in Canada, it is very possible there is a Chartwell retirement or long term care home in your neighbourhood.
Making People’s Lives BETTER
Making People’s Lives BETTER is more than a phrase at Chartwell, it is a promise that we consider to be our highest priority. We want our residents to know that the care and services they receive in a Chartwell home will make their lives happier, healthier and more meaningful. We want family members to feel reassured that their loved ones are secure, active and engaged while living in one of our retirement or long term care residences. We want our employees to know that their contributions are valued and appreciated.
Our core values of RESPECT form the basis of our relationship with all of our key stakeholders, including our residents, their family members and our employees. At Chartwell, we define RESPECT as:
If you or a family member are considering retirement living, I invite you to consider a Chartwell residence. Chartwell offers a wide spectrum of seniors housing choices from independent retirement residences to assisted living services and long term care. Our residences are communities, and we believe that the right support services can help prolong independence while satisfying individual needs.
Trust, accountability and RESPECT are the guiding principles at Chartwell. We are committed to Making People’s Lives BETTER and we look forward to exceeding your expectations.
Apply Online Chartwell Seniors Housing Jobs
You can be a member of Chartwell Seniors Housing family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Chartwell Seniors Housing where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Project Manager Capital
Responsible for coordinating, managing and overseeing capital projects including life safety, compliance, cross property replacement programs and other projects contributing to maintaining and maximizing Chartwell’s real estate. Responsible for ensuring that all projects undertaken are scoped appropriately, managed in accordance with established corporate/organizational vision and budgets, local municipal development expectations and building code guidelines.
The responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Coordinates, oversees, manages and monitors project construction with engaged contractors, consultants and project managers from start to finish where appropriate.
- Works closely with all members of Chartwell with a vested interest in each project including but not limited to Operations, Marketing, Finance and Development. Manages project activities where relevant from the conceptual and planning stages through the design, estimating, construction warranty periods.
- Liaises with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and other municipal officials to ensure project adherence to established codes, design and policies.
- Supports relationships as established within and with the Real Estate Group.
- Ensures the safety of residents and staff through all capital project activities.
- Champions work projects coordinating the necessary organizational departments to complete undertakings. Customer service to the field and corporate Operational teams will be critical to the success of this position. Acts as a leader, an Ambassador of Chartwell, and promotes the organization positively at all times.
- Establishes clear project specifications and scope.
- Takes full ownership of project to remove uncertainly in project completion.
- Ensures project schedules and budgets are adhered to.
- Expedites projects as quickly as possible.
- Schedules projects accurately to ensure completion within the budgeted timeline.
- Provides guidance and direction to and evaluates consultants, contractor and sub-contractors.
- Provides insight into developing/constructing efficiently, economically and logistically while maintaining organizational vision of service excellence.
- Ensures a safe work and job site environment.
- Communicates frequently and honestly to stakeholders about progress including successes and challenges of undertaking/completion.
- Resolves all project conflicts to betterment of successful project outcomes.
- Estimates and manages project costs based on research and investigation with an above average level of accuracy.
- Obtains necessary quotations to assess true cost.
- Develops purchase orders and associated back up documentation.
- Complies with Chartwell’s purchase order system of project procurement.
- Accurately manages change orders ensuring proper documentation and flow processes.
- Monitors and reports budget status.
- Forecasts project budget over runs, and investigates and provides solutions to mitigate cost over runs.
- Manages construction to support the efficiency of Operations and Marketing staff.
- Establishes clear reporting and communication protocols with site staff.
- Ensures renovated and/or new spaces are presentable, free of deficiencies and ready for resident/staff use.
- Ensures contractors are organized and prepared for occupancy as per established schedule.
- Ensures high dialogue with operational teams throughout project activities.
- Carefully manages logistics with existing operations.
- Takes full ownership of projects, coordinating others where necessary.
- Performs final inspections and develops lists of deficient items to be corrected and tracks these corrections.
- Demonstrates an understanding and familiarly with local building code requirements, Ministry of
- Health and Environmental policies and project based community Municipal and/or City By-laws influencing permitting process.
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Possesses a minimum of 5 – 7 years of proven experience with:
- Large organization project and asset management undertakings.
- Practical site experience as a project manager and contractor.
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Managing simultaneous multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Adhering to legislative and compliance policies.
- Working with and organization with an asset management responsibility.
- Various construction methods including: wood-framed, reinforced concrete, structural steel, precast concrete and load-bearing masonry and other.
- Project coordination, scheduling, estimating, budgeting and auditing practices.
- Effective project communication and well organized documentation.
- Specification development, interpretation and review.
- Using Project Management Software and scheduling work and projects.
- Using purchase order software and issuing purchase orders.
- Project consultant coordination and leadership.
- Project organization, documentation, filing and management.
- WSIB and statutory declaration evaluation.
- Cost/benefit returns analysis, value engineering and uncertainty management.
- Conflict management and resolution, mentoring, team building and coaching.
- Ensuring site and trade safety.
- Budget monitoring and projecting with reporting to stakeholders.
- Change order management and negotiation.
- Establishing and ensuring the adherence to quality control and quality assurance policies.
- The ability to interpret technical data and instructions and issue site/consultant directives clearly.
- Effective time management and budget tracking.
- Delivering projects on schedule and within established budgets.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a relevant industry program and/or a professional designation, or equivalent experience.
- A strong understanding of project economics and the impacts of change to budget and schedule.
- Proven understanding of interpreting and adhering to local building codes and municipal expectations and working and/or managing within to achieve success.
- Ability to manage timelines, adhere to schedules, and manage processes.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict.
- Ability to effectively manage stress and confrontation and maintain a positive attitude.
- Strong and timely decision-making abilities.
- Effective communication skills that include excellent written, oral, and presentation abilities with multiple stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to communicate and adhere to Chartwell’s vision and mission.
- Proficiency with MS Office and purchase order processing.
- Knowledge of the local construction climate.
- The ability to participate in extensive travel.
- Prior experience working with seniors or in the seniors housing industry considered an asset.
- Bilingualism considered an asset.
Chartwell Seniors Housing Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Chartwell Seniors Housing and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Chartwell Seniors Housing Jobs;