Cenovus Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Cenovus by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Cenovus which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Cenovus was formed on December 1, 2009 when Encana Corporation split into two distinct companies, with Cenovus becoming a focused integrated oil company. Some of Cenovus’s assets formerly belonged to PanCanadian Energy Corp. and Alberta Energy Company (AEC), the two Canadian oil and gas companies that merged to form Encana in 2002.
In March 2017, Cenovus reached an agreement to purchase ConocoPhillips’ 50% share of their FCCL oil sands projects, as well as most of their Deep Basin conventional assets in Alberta and British Columbia. That deal closed on May 17, 2017.
Apply Online Cenovus Jobs
You can be a member of Cenovus family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application page where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Attracting and retaining smart, dedicated people while ensuring our culture supports bottom line results is key to the success of our business strategy. We want our employees to have a work environment that supports development, provides interesting work, pays for performance and provides recognition for going the extra mile. And at the end of every day we want to make sure everyone goes home safely to their families.
If you don’t see an opportunity that is of interest to you, set up a career alert so you’re notified when new opportunities are posted.
Curious to know what it’s like to work at one of our northern oil sands operations? Check out our oil sands virtual tour to get a glimpse into the day-to-day of our operations.
Reporting to the Group Lead, Camp Operations, the Camp Supervisor will support the Field Accommodations mandate to provide healthy, safe and productive accommodations by overseeing the contracted operations of camps. This role will also be accountable to manage camp loading and utilization, as well as coordination of camp operations with other Field Accommodations services such as food supply and camp maintenance.
This is a fulltime site based position working at either Foster Creek and Christina Lake camp facilities. Foster Creek and Christina Lake has full service camp facilities. Depending on your place of residence and your shift rotation, bus and/or air transportation to/from site is offered from designated departure points in select locations. Foster Creek is serviced by flight Hubs in Calgary and Edmonton as well as bus transportation to site from La Corey, AB. Modes of transportation and/or schedules may change from time to time in accordance with changing operating needs and transportation availability.
- Ensure that food preparation, janitorial, housekeeping and front desk work performed by the camp catering Contractor meets Cenovus goals to provide healthy, safe and productive accommodations and workspaces:
- Manage Catering Contractor performance, including inspection, review and audit of work safety and quality
- Monitor and report on Catering Contractor safety performance
- Optimize camp loading in alignment with overall camp utilization plans and strategies
- Monitor, report and advise on operational KPI’s: safety, cost, quality, client satisfaction
- Ensure alignment of camp operations with other Field Accommodations work
- Collaborate with Food Specialist on menu design, food delivery, inventory and logistics
- Ensure engagement of the maintenance team to provide camp maintenance and operation of camp utilities
- Ensure alignment of camp operations with recreation and engagement programs, as well as overall site programs, policies and initiatives
- Reports directly to Group Lead, Camp Operations
- Liaison with Field Accommodations Camp Coordinators, Recreation & Engagement, Food Specialist, Camp Catering Contractor, camp clients
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- 10+ years’ experience in camp or hospitality management
- Training in hospitality management
- Foodsafe Level 1 or equivalent
Finance, Risk & Corporate Development has an exciting opportunity for a Specialist, Market Risk, reporting to the Director, Market Risk. The Specialist will be a senior member of the Market Risk team, a critical role within Middle Office to model, monitor, and analyze market risk structure related to physical and financial exposures. This role requires an individual with expertise in the areas of risk management and trade control for an energy producer with a Trading & Optimization organization, who can effectively collaborate with senior leaders in Front, Middle and Back offices.
This is a fulltime employee position based in our downtown Calgary office
- Ensure financial and physical exposures generated by Front office activities of optimizing physical assets are modeled and captured accurately in the ETRM
- Responsible to develop, analyze and report key risk metrics for physical and financial exposures, using industry-applied risk methods and tools, such as PnL attribution of portfolio exposures, stress testing and Value at Risk (VaR)
- Collaborate with front office to ensure alignment in modeling and understanding all risks associated with physical assets and structured products. Perform in-depth analysis of markets and identify market drivers to ensure exposures are modeled and captured accurately in the ETRM
- Identify, research, and introduce new risk measures; build tools and analytical reports leveraging current risk system to grow with changing business needs and governance framework
- Collaborate with other functional teams to ensure the Market model in the risk system can support and integrate with other analytics and approved metrics as required
- Ensure ETRM can support the approved MRMC policies and procedures
- Provide mentorship to other team members to build the depth of risk expertise across the team;
- Deep experience with understanding ETRM functionalities in order to deliver best practice reports and controls
- Middle Office cross training and backfill requirements, as required
- An Undergraduate degree in Economics or Finance, or an accounting designation; a Masters level degree in a quantitative discipline would be an asset
- Minimum 12 years of energy trading experience; with at least the last 5 years working in crude oil markets would be preferred
- A thorough understanding of Middle office functions to support a marketing/trading business and the critical role of risk reporting
- Strong process design and implementation experience with ETRM systems, Allegro-Horizon would be preferred
- Knowledge of Mark to Market (MTM), Volumetric and Price exposures (Physical and Financial positions) and Value at Risk (VaR) metrics;
- Self-starter with critical thinking skills, well organized and able to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment
Advisor, Workforce Planning
The Talent Planning & Acquisition team in Human Resources has an excellent opportunity for an Advisor, Workforce Planning, reporting into the Senior Specialist, Talent Strategy.
The Talent Strategy team is responsible to lead, evolve and enhance the design, development and implementation of all of our Talent Acquisition programs. This role will be accountable for supporting Cenovus’ annual workforce planning processes and helping our HR Business partners. Coordinate the compilation, analysis and reporting of workforce planning KPIs and tracking. The role includes advisory support to HR Business Partners in the capacity of headcount planning and budgeting, as well collaboration and partnership across other business functions.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with Senior Leaders and members of the Executive team on special requests. These requests will require confidence, creativity and resourcefulness to present data in a meaningful way and enable thoughtful decision making.
This is a full-time permanent position located in Calgary, AB.
- Accountable for supporting Cenovus’ annual workforce planning processes and helping our HR Business Partners and leaders sustain the plans
- Partner with various internal stakeholders to support workforce planning decisions
- Identify, analyze and act on continuous improvement opportunities for workforce planning processes
- Perform audits to ensure accurate and timely management of staff positions and vacancy data in the workforce plan
- Oversee and ensure standardized processes and procedures are documented, understood and followed
- Actively participate and/or lead various team projects
- Manage incoming processing requests from a shared inbox
- Lead and support HR Business Partners in planning and budgeting processes by providing data templates, reports and analytics as required
- Design data gathering and reporting solutions to meet ongoing and ad hoc business needs
- Compile information for complex Internal/External surveys; incorporate into the workforce strategy plans
- Coordinate the ongoing management of the approved headcount by providing data summaries, visualizations and explanations of variances
- Analyze complex processes and identify improvement opportunities, and implement process enhancements
- Facilitate and coordinate the appropriate levels of approvals for the recruitment approval process
- Develop creative ways to streamline and improve planning processes
- Engage in project work to help mature HR business processes
- Act as the SME for the ERP project for workforce planning
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as required
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Commerce or Business preferred
- 5+ years of related experience, preferably in data analytics and/or reporting
- Strong consultation skills and customer service mindset
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into meaningful information through visualizations and commentaries
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver with the ability to arrive at solutions via deduction and/or inference
- Strong partnering mentality as HR works closely with other functions
- Demonstrated excellence with Excel, and proficiency with MS Office Suite 2010 products
- Familiarity with Workday and SAP
- Familiarity with financial budgeting processes and financial reporting
- Technical writing and research experience would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience in Power BI reporting
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Well-developed customer service and influencing skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed team skills with a collaborative work style
- Ability to effectively partner across the HR community and with the business
- May require occasional overtime during planning cycles
Contract Sr. Measurement Coordinator
Reporting to the Team Lead Measurement, Deep Basin, the Contract Sr. Measurement Coordinator will have a strong understanding of the oil and gas industry, measurement, operations, AER Directive 17, EPAP, some level of instrumentation, and production accounting/reporting. The Contract Sr. Measurement Coordinator will have the ability to utilize the fore mentioned knowledge to support other groups (Eng, PA, JI,OPs and E/I) to enhance measurement quality analysis and quality control.
This is a 1 year contract position based in Eckville, Alberta, while also supporting the Clearwater East area.
- Responsible for own safety, and the safety of the individuals working for and around the resource
- Work in a way that is aligned with the CVE Production Operations values and behaviors
- Adhere to corporate policies and Production Services standards, practices, processes and procedures
- Effectively coordinate and operate EPAP controls for AER EPAP requirements
- Own gas and hydrocarbon analysis validation process in specific areas
- Integrate measurement compliance program within operations on a daily basis. Aid in scheduling of required sampling, testing and other regulatory measurement sensitive activities
- Become involved in corporate decision making and take on projects that aid in CVE measurement QA QC. Takes on effectively projects with little to no supervision
- Efficiently takes over roles where need be of Team Lead Measurement Assurance
- Mentors new and existing staff routinely
- Provide technical analysis of measurement installations
- Assist in auditing of production facilities and ensuring compliance with government and corporate requirements
- Provide help in trouble shooting problem areas relative to measurement and accounting issues
- Assist in maintaining the PM program for measurement equipment in the field
- Establish and coordinate a process for updating all measurement drawings for the applicable area
- Takes more of a senior role in corporate processes and decision making
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- 10+ years in oil and gas with operations, measurement, Instrumentation, or PA experience
- Technical diploma, specifically in Instrumentation is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of AER Directive 17 measurement and reporting requirements is essential
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft products
- Good understanding of all aspects of oil and gas field operations
- Team player, positive attitude, good and prioritizing and organization skills
Cenovus Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Cenovus and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Cenovus Jobs;