Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at CARSTAR by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of CARSTAR which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
CARSTAR Canada has a long and established history in the Canadian repair industry, tracing back over two decades.
In 1994, we began franchising in Canada with the vision of building a nationwide network of high quality auto body repair centres aimed at providing consistent service and integrity across all locations.
CARSTAR has since evolved and developed a nationwide network of high quality collision repair centres. And the vision the company had back in 1994 became a reality.
In December 2015, CARSTAR Automotive Inc. was acquired by Driven Brands; one of the largest automotive franchise organizations in North America.
Today, CARSTAR has over 260 locations across the Canada and over 500 throughout North America to serve you – wherever your journey may take you.
Welcome to the CARSTAR Career Center – Your Road to Success Starts Here. Please click the link below to be directed to current opportunities in your area. Thank you for your interest in joining the CARSTAR family.
Apply Online CARSTAR Jobs
You can be a member of CARSTAR family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application CARSTAR where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Job Summary & Qualities
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the efforts of the shop. He must have experience in high quality collision repair. The Production Manager must be an effective leader with above average management and supervisory skills and must have a good understanding of insurance claims procedures and policies. He must be able to delegate responsibilities to those reporting to him. It is imperative that this manager possess a good work attitude, excellent personal time management and organizational skills, and foster a positive team spirit both within the department as well as between other departments in support with the overall philosophy of the company and fellow employees.
Accountability and Responsibility of Position
Administration of employees
• Approve all time cards daily
• Document employee concerns related to production environment
• Mange the time clock maintenance and accuracy
• Co-ordinate Health and Safety meetings/audits
• Ensure MSDS sheets are kept current
• Ensure the safety plan has been reviewed with all staff
• Ensure daily you mention any near misses that could cause injury to an employee
• Manage WSIB post non compliance issues are completed as per action plan
Supervision and Leadership of Production Staff
• Supervise the recruiting, hiring, training, counseling and dismissal of all production personnel
• Supervise the handling of the productive employee’s time cards and insure that each productive employee keeps proper track of time consumed on each job.
• Monitor the control and approval of any production overtime
• Establish performance goals for all technical employees
Monitoring Quality Control
• Maintain company standards of repair quality
• Maintain a specific gross profit and efficiency standards which have been established for each department as it relates to production
• Maintain a strong relationship with field appraisers
• Frequently inspect the work in process to identify any special repair concerns
Materials and Safety Management
• Supervise and maintain the performance of the Parts Manager or the Parts Department
• Recommend tool and equipment purchase
• Test drive vehicle to ensure proper repair
• Knowledge of WHIMIS requirements
• Ensure that the production area is a safe and clean environment for working
- 2-5 years experience in Management or the industry
- Functional/Technical Knowledge
- Management Software (Mitchell and/or Summit) – INTERMEDIATE
- Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook) – INTERMEDIATE
- Estimating Software (Audatex and/or Mitchell) – INTERMEDIATE
- Specialized Training
- ICAR a plus
- First Aid
- Skills & Abilities
- Work independently without close supervision
- Flexible/adaptable to constant change
- Strong tact and diplomacy; ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative
- Strong communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
- Ability to train others
- Developed reasoning/problem solving skills; analytical and decision making skills
- Able to motivate and manage production team
- Professional leadership ability
- Physical Requirements
- Keyboarding/Finger dexterity
- General Physical Skills (Carrying, lifting – 60 lbs, squatting, kneeling, pushing, standing, sitting, walking, reaching, pulling)
- Repetitive motion
- Driving, must have valid license
- On-the-Job Exposure to the following elements:
CARSTAR Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for CARSTAR and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for CARSTAR Jobs;