Team Leader Job Description – Closed
Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join the Canadian Tire Family of Companies.
Canadian Tire’s Vaughan EAP Depot has an opportunity available for a highly motivated and innovative Warehouse Operations Teamlead. The role is responsible for providing leadership in support of Safe Operations, Productivity, Service, Quality and Transformational Change Management in a highly mechanized Pick/Pack, Shipping and Receiving Warehouse environment.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional people leader, results oriented, a drive for continuous improvement, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities while consistently meeting deliverables.
Find All Canadian Tire Jobs Here; Canadian Tire Job Application
What you’ll do
- Promote and facilitate a high performance safety first culture, inspiring, motivating and encouraging staff through positive communication and effective feedback.
- Lead team to achieve and exceed business and customer service targets to meet safety, quality, service, productivity and financial goals
- Leveraging LEAN and Transformation skills; lead, as change agent, engaging and supporting team in the development and implementation of innovative projects and initiatives that contribute to transformation
- Provide team members with ongoing coaching, correction and development support, including participation in quarterly/annual performance appraisals and objective setting, to optimize performance/ development
- Provide Leadership to team in support of Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- Identify requirements to support cross-training initiatives for team members to maintain a fully cross-functional team
- Provide a positive influence developing and maintaining a team environment, embracing and driving innovative solutions that support the performance of the team and drive a positive team culture
Who you are
We are looking for high performing individuals who are:
- Agile and innovative individuals, who are able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Creative thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building, launching and managing projects/programs that drive results for our customers
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then Canadian Tire is definitely the place to be.
What you’ve done
- Minimum three years Supply Chain experience, particularly in Distribution operations with a working knowledge of Warehouse Management systems/processes, and material handling systems/equipment
- Self-initiated, highly motivated team player and change advocate with proven Leadership skills
- Commitment to Customer Service utilizing excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize, organize, communicate and present information
- Confidence and composure dealing with changing/conflicting priorities and making effective decisions quickly
- Ability to think strategically, execute tactically and drive improvement
- Ability, through positive words and actions, to inspire confidence and energy in others
- Experience with process improvement initiatives and facility optimization processes and principles
- Flexibility in work hours and work days to provide leadership support for 6-day operations on the afternoon shift
- Working knowledge of Transportation of Dangerous Goods regulations
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart cannot be beat.
How to Apply for Canadian Tire Team Leader Jobs;