Store Manager Job Description
The General Manager is responsible and accountable for building and managing a team that will consistently meet the Associate Dealer’s performance expectations in terms of sales growth, retail execution, customer experience and profitability. The role of General Manager requires a close working relationship with the Associate Dealer and the Management Team.
Responsibility and Tasks
- Encourage and maintain a culture that values an excellent customer experience to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Reinforce the need to prioritize customer service while setting realistic daily task assignments.
- Lead by example and consistently deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Respond to formal complaints in order to maintain customer loyalty at the highest possible level.
- Maintain community relations in order to build and enhance the image of Canadian Tire.
- Hold team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognize those who excel in it.
- Implement and follow store policies and procedures that deliver a high quality customer experience.
Find All Canadian Tire Jobs Here; Canadian Tire Job Application
- Recruit, develop, motivate, recognize and hold the Management Team accountable to meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability in their respective departments.
- Plan, organize, delegate and follow up on work and projects in all areas of the store in order to achieve and measure team goals.
- Hold the Department Managers accountable for the training and development of all staff.
- Accountable for achieving sales goals, productivity and customer service targets set by the Associate Dealer.
- Coach and encourage Department Managers on learning new management and leadership skills. Regularly provide informal and constructive feedback.
- Develop and implement all store policies and procedures.
- Communicate and ensure compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and safety programs and regulations.
- Maintain the utmost in professional appearance, communications and standards.
- Ensure that there is a training structure and that professional development strategies are implemented within the store.
- Build and maintain rapport with internal and external customers or vendors as required.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Requirements & Competencies
- Leadership and senior managerial experience in the retail or similar industry.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of retail and financial principles.
- Excellent knowledge of market trends and competition in the retail and automotive service industry.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience retail sales, retail execution and operations in a management role is required.
- Good working knowledge of each department’s products and functions.
- Ability to understand and operate POS and inventory computer systems.
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity and respect.
- Entrepreneurial and results-oriented individual who possess solid organizational skills.
- Strong team-oriented approach.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make ambiguous decisions.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
- Stand/walk for 8 hours.
- Lift and/or carry of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
- Lift and turn repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Lift above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
- Ability to go up and down a ladder while carrying merchandise.
- Walk and carry things at the same time and push/pull, as required.
- Twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Store Manager, General Manager at larger/different stores, Dealer.
- Other retail, customer service and management opportunities in a large network of Canadian Tire stores across the country.
- Career opportunities across the larger Canadian Tire family (Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Mark’s, FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited and Canadian Tire Financial Services).
How to Apply for Canadian Tire Store Manager Jobs;