Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Canadian Diabetes Association by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Canadian Diabetes Association which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
A person with diabetes should be eligible for employment in any occupation for which he or she is individually qualified.
In being considered for employment in safety-sensitive positions, a person with diabetes has the right to be assessed for specific job duties on his or her own merits based on reasonable standards applied consistently.
Employers have the duty to accommodate employees with diabetes unless the employer can show it to cause undue hardship to the organization.
Undue hardship arises as part of the legislative requirement that employers must change workplace policies, rules, practices and operations that result in discrimination, and provide individual accommodation unless it would lead to “undue” or unreasonable hardship on the part of the employer.
The question of what constitutes undue hardship varies; however, courts have made it clear that employers must expect to experience some cost in eliminating barriers and providing accommodation. Questions arise over when the threshold of undue hardship has been reached. The Canadian Human Rights Act provides that undue hardship must be assessed considering “health, safety and cost.” The mere fact that some cost, financial or otherwise, will be incurred is insufficient to establish undue hardship. (Source: A Place for All: A Guide to Creating an Inclusive Workplace, The Canadian Human Rights Commission)
Apply Online Canadian Diabetes Association Jobs
You can be a member of Canadian Diabetes Association family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Canadian Diabetes Association where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Each year, Diabetes Canada, through our National Diabetes Trust operations, diverts more than 48 million kilograms of clothing and household items from our landfills. One hundred per cent of net proceeds directly supports Diabetes Canada and helps send more than 2,400 children and youth with type 1 diabetes to Diabetes Canada’s D-Camps. Additionally, what we raise funds world-leading diabetes research, education and advocacy.
We are looking for customer service focused Labourer/Drivers who want to make a difference. If you are passionate and enjoy a fast paced environment, this is the place for you!
You will service our valued customers through the door-to-door and donation box collection of used clothing and household items. Funding for our life altering charitable programs and medical research will depend on you. If you are dependable, resourceful and ready to take on this new challenge, then apply today.
- Complete all pickups; includes drop bins, household and other special picks ups.
- Conduct daily unloads at Value Village; fill and empty trucks into/ out of storage facilities as needed.
- Meet daily pick up and drop off quotas.
- Drive in a safe manner at all times, avoid errors at all costs.
- Produce and maintain excellent and accurate records as required.
- Portray a positive and professional image to the public, co-workers and our corporate partners.
- Care for the truck per standard operating procedures; ensure proper paperwork and maintenance is reported and done at all times.
- Ensure adequate supply of promotional material and other supplies are kept in trucks, report all shortages to appropriate supervisor.
- You will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, crawl, kneel, or crouch. You will be occasionally required to climb steps and balance.
- Physically able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Must be available to work on weekends
- Full driver’s license
- Clean driver abstract
- Great customer service skills
- Must be able to pass background check
- Knowledge of locale and surrounding areas
- First Aid Certificate an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Canadian Diabetes Association Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Canadian Diabetes Association and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Canadian Diabetes Association Jobs;