Canada Post Postal Clerk Job Description
Experience the dynamic mail operations and retail environment only Canada Post can offer. As a self-starter with a flexible schedule, you will have the opportunity to work a variety of shifts including, days, evenings, overnights and weekends. This temporary on-call position is a great opportunity to learn about the business of mail operations, as well as the great jobs available at Canada Post.
Please note that some offices rotate their staff and a temporary Postal Clerk might be called to work in positions to serve the public at a counter, conduct financial transactions and perform other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform a variety of sales/customer service activities to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Operate a computer point of sale system
- Maintain floor displays
- Conduct merchandizing and inventory control
- Maintain a high level of postal products, services and delivery knowledge
- Process financial transactions (cash, cheques, debit & credit card payments)
- Receive, sort, sequence and batch mail items
Find All Canada Post Jobs Here; Canada Post Job Application
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Operate mail processing equipment (clearing jams, remove mail from sorting machines, etc.) where applicable
- Transport mail between floors/sections using rolling or motorized equipment, where applicable
- Operate a computer to key in data, when applicable
- Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
- Be required to stand in one place for up to 3.5 hours at a time
- Exercise physical effort in the handling of mail items weighting up to 22.7 kilograms (50 lbs) and carrying mail items weighing up to 15.9 kilograms (35 lbs) and bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
- Experience in customer service in a retail environment
- Sales experience is an asset
- Experience working in a production environment is an asset
Canada Post Postal Clerk Salary: Hourly $19.86
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply for Canada Post Postal Clerk Jobs;