Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Calgary Board of Education by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Calgary Board of Education which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
About the CBE
We are one school system educating more than 121,000 students in over 245 schools. More than 14,000 employees work together to provide learning as unique as every student.
Our work is guided by our Three-Year Education Plan , which connects each CBE employee to student success. We must create an environment where each student can become an engaged learner, prepared for success in life, work and future learning.
>> You can make sure that companies reach you by commenting below to find a job faster with more visibility.
We’re all committed to success for every student.
Each student in keeping with their individual abilities and gifts, will complete high school with a foundation of learning necessary to thrive in life, work and continued learning.
Apply Online Calgary Board of Education Jobs
You can be a member of Calgary Board of Education family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Calgary Board of Education where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Teacher – Mandarin Bilingual (Kindergarten to Grade 9)
All applicants are required to include the following documentation:
- Practicum and/or teaching evaluations
- Undergraduate and graduate university transcripts (copies are sufficient for application purposes)
- Three (3) current letters of reference from supervisors in an educational setting
- Cover Letter
Note: Practicum/Teaching evaluations and reference letters must be signed and on institution letterhead where applicable. Unsigned letters and evaluations will not be accepted.
In addition, please attach the following if you have them:
- Copy of Valid Teaching Certificate
- Copy of Valid Trade Certificate
- Copies of other valid licenses and certificates (e.g. First Aid)
These documents can be uploaded as attachments in the “My Career Tools” page of your Careers account.
Note: Please complete all fields of the application including
- Teaching Assignment
- Language Skills
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Please apply to only one posting. You do not need to apply to any other teaching job postings.
Each student, in keeping with their individual abilities and gifts, will complete high school with a foundation of learning necessary to thrive in life, work and continued learning.
Students come first. Learning is our central purpose. Public education serves the common good.
Purpose and Accountability
The purpose of the Teacher is to instruct students in one or more subjects at a kindergarten, elementary, junior high, or senior high level. The Teacher instructs in a manner that fosters learning and meets the legal obligations and responsibilities of the School Act, Calgary Board of Education (CBE) policies, and corporate safety regulations and procedures, while adhering to the teaching Professional Code of Conduct and CBE Working Relationship Commitment.
The Teacher is accountable for:
- Competently providing instruction to students based on Teacher Quality Standards in the province of Alberta;
- Teaching the courses of study and education programs that are prescribed, approved or authorized pursuant to the School Act;
- Promoting goals and standards applicable to the provision of education adopted or approved pursuant to the School Act;
- Encouraging and fostering learning in students;
- Regularly evaluating students and periodically reporting the results of the evaluation to the students, the students’ parents and the CBE administration;
- Maintaining, under the direction of the Principal, order and discipline among the students while they are in the school or on the school grounds, and while they are attending or participating in activities sponsored or approved by the CBE; and
- Carrying out duties that are assigned to the teacher by the Principal or the CBE, subject to the teacher’s contract of employment and collective agreement.
Education and Experience:
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate
- Bachelor of Education Degree or equivalent recognized by Alberta Education
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and lesson design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of student learning
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation
- Knowledge and awareness of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, and cultures
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Fluency in Mandarin and English required
- Proficiency with traditional and simplified scripts (oral and written) and Pinyin
- Confidence, skill, knowledge and understanding of differentiated instruction, student engagement, and assessment practices
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to relate well with students, staff and parents
- An ethic of service to students, colleagues, and community
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to create positive relationships and establish rapport
- Trustworthiness and integrity
- Commitment to the CBE Policy-Governance model
- Ability to articulate a coherent understanding of educational aims
- Commitment to fostering collaborative working relationships
- Ability to manage professional learning time and be a self starter
- Commitment to personal lifelong learning
- Commitment to the lifelong quest for self-understanding
- Commitment to strengthening communication skills.
Calgary Board of Education Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Calgary Board of Education and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Calgary Board of Education Jobs;