Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at BGIS by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of BGIS which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Join the BGIS Team!
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, BGIS hires the best and brightest to help inspire change for a more sustainable future, make a difference in our communities, and to drive innovation through best practices and technology in the real estate management services industry.
Apply Online BGIS Jobs
You can be a member of BGIS family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application BGIS where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
4th Class Stationary Engineer (Heating Plant Tech)
At this position level:
Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
Trades certification or license – required:
Power Engineering 4th Class
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Subject to legislative licensing requirements and company policy:
- Operates a 3rd class thermal fluid boiler plant, associated heat exchangers and pump systems to supply high temperature hot water to multiple buildings
- Performs work in accordance to established processes and practices
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection
- Performs regular facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems monitoring and inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity of assigned facility are maintained.
- Provides observations about facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides suggestions for enhancement and repair.
- Monitors assigned facility by conducting facility walkthroughs, mechanical and electrical equipment and system monitoring and inspection
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
- Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
- Records resolution data within service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements
- Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to obtain formal approval of work required.
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentations are maintained.
- Participates in and assists with facility-related projects.
- Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
- Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required
- Submits all expenditures on a timely basis
- Assists in enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through manner in which work is performed and services delivered.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able and willing to work alone through a rotation of 12 hour day and night shifts
- Must be flexible to cover vacation, sick leave, and emergency call-outs as they arise
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High school education
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE: More than one year up to four years
Knowledge & Skills
- More than 1 year up to 4 years of facility operations and maintenance work experience
- High school diploma plus trades training, certification or licensing
- Strong ability to adhere and to properly execute processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
- Strong building mechanical and electrical equipment and system troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Current knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes and standards and ability to research and apply related codes and standards
- Possesses a strong environmental, health and safety mindset. Strong ability to perform work in a safe manner
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Operating Engineer 4th Class
Demonstrates an interest in completing, working towards or completed one or more of the following – preferred:
- Third Class Operating Engineers certificate
- Facilities Technician Certification
- Systems Maintenance Technician through Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI)
- Systems Maintenance Administrator through Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI)
- Must meet enhanced security clearance requirements
- Valid drivers’ license
BGIS Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for BGIS and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for BGIS Jobs;