Best Buy Job Application Process
Best Buy Co., Inc. is an American multinational consumer electronics retailer headquartered in Richfield, Minnesota. It was originally founded by Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in 1966 as an audio specialty store called Sound of Music. In 1983, it was re-branded under its current name with an emphasis placed on consumer electronics.
Best Buy operates internationally in Canada and Mexico, and formerly operated in China until February 2011 (when the faction was merged with Five Star). The company also operated in Europe until 2012. Its subsidiaries include Geek Squad, Magnolia Audio Video, and Pacific Sales. Best Buy also operates the Best Buy Mobile and Insignia brands in North America, plus Five Star in China. Best Buy sells cellular phones from Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility, Sprint Corporation in the United States. In Canada, carriers include Bell Mobility, Rogers Wireless, Telus Mobility, their fighter brands, and competing smaller carriers, such as SaskTel.
Best Buy was named “Company of the Year” by Forbes magazine in 2004, “Specialty Retailer of the Decade” by Discount Store News in 2001, ranked in the Top 10 of “America’s Most Generous Corporations” by Forbes in 2005 (based on 2004 giving), made Fortune magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” in 2006, and “The Most Sustainable Company in the United States” by Barron’s in 2019. Hubert Joly is executive chairman of Best Buy, having been succeeded as CEO by Corie Barry in June 2019. According to Yahoo! Finance, Best Buy is the largest specialty retailer in the United States consumer electronics retail industry. The company ranked No. 72 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. The company continues to serve with approximately 110,000 people in 1000 different locations.
Apply Online Best Buy Jobs
You can be a member of Best Buy family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Best Buy where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Like all other companies, Best Buy has been sadly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The company, which wants to protect both its employees and its customers, has taken some precautions.
In this context, the company is taking the following actions:
- Beginning April 19, the company is temporarily furloughing approximately 51,000 Domestic hourly store employees, including nearly all part-time employees. The company is retaining approximately 82% of its full-time store and field employees on its payroll, including the vast majority of In-Home Advisors and Geek Squad Agents. Furloughed employees will retain their health benefits at no cost to them for a minimum of three months.
- Beginning April 19, some corporate employees are participating in voluntary reduced work weeks and resulting pay, as well as voluntary furloughs.
- CEO Corie Barry will forego 50% of her base salary and the members of the Board of Directors will forego 50% of their cash retainer fees through at least September 1, 2020.
- Company executives reporting directly to the CEO will take a 20% reduction in base salary through at least September 1, 2020.
In addition to these measures for its employees, the company continues to serve virtual shopping in order to continue to serve its customers. For this reason, it continues to recruit new staff who will both work on the online site and forward these orders to its customers. During this period, the company makes purchases especially in entry-level areas that do not require much experience. If you want to follow Best Buy’s current job postings, you can check the rest of the article.
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for efficient, accurate and friendly customer transactions in operating the cash register and processing customer purchases, returns, exchanges, service requests and defective products. Ensures returned products are complete and sent to the appropriate destination. Supports overall organization, district and store operations as well as service and customer retention goals. Advocates Best Buy goals, objectives, policies, and procedures so that they will deliver a high level of customer satisfaction and retention.
As a Customer Service Representative you will…
- Be responsible for the processing of all customer purchases, returned product, exchanges, service requests, and/or defective products
- Communicate return, exchange, and/or service policies to determine best option for customer.
- Manage all inbound calls by answering questions; offers product and service sales opportunities to phone customers
- Assist phone customers that come into the store to pick up their product
- Help resolve in-bound customer problems and issues, escalating to management as necessary
The Sales Specialist will offer customers the complete solution to all their technology needs through understanding individual customer requirements and providing expert product knowledge on the latest technology. Sales Specialists will strive to exceed sales objectives and customer retention goals through the use of high-end sales techniques.
As a Sales Specialist you will…
- Respond to customer concerns, support, and assist in achievement of store customer care and sales goals and objectives
- Follow company standards in resolving customer concerns and escalate to manager where required to ensure timely resolution
- Set up and maintain product demos
- Complete timely and appropriate down-stocking of product
- Maintain current knowledge of the latest technology products and industry trends
The Mobile Sales Specialist will offer customers the complete solution to all their technology needs through understanding individual customer requirements & providing expert product knowledge on the latest technology. Mobile Sales Specialists will strive to exceed sales objectives for wireless phones, services and accessories through the use of high-end sales techniques.
As a Mobile Sales Specialist you will…
- Handle all aspects of the sale including: completing customer contracts and warranties and receiving customer payments – Follows all SOPs
- Respond to customer concerns, support, and assists in achievement of sales objectives for wireless products
- Handle all aspects of the sale including: completing customer contracts and warranties and receiving customer payments
- Follow company standards in resolving customer concerns & escalate to manager where required to ensure timely resolution
- Set up and maintains product demos
The Brand Marketing Specialist helps establish, distinguish and differentiate the Best Buy brand while driving traffic and sales. This individual collaborates with cross functional teams (Digital Marketing, Creative, Production, Media, Retail Ops, Ecommerce, Merchandising, etc.) to deliver best-in-class, high-impact campaigns that drive awareness, impressions, and results for the business. The Brand Marketing Specialist works on various Brand Marketing files as assigned including building event experiences, developing and project managing vendor-funded stunts and videos, supporting Best Buy Mobile marketing initiatives, monitoring and assessing sponsorship requests.
As a Brand Marketing Specialist you will…
- Develop and implement specific brand marketing portfolio and multiple vendor funded brand projects throughout the year
- Partner with the Brand Marketing Manager to develop and implement sponsorship and events strategy, including project lead on multiple events throughout the year
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Specialists to develop, coordinate, execute, monitor and analyze organic and paid digital marketing content for events, Best Buy brand and retail campaigns, and vendor funded initiatives
- Work with the in-house and agency partners to produce video content projects and contribute to social media influencer campaigns
- Be responsible for reporting and miscellaneous duties such as creating post mortems and/or case studies to analyze strengths, weaknesses and recommendations
Best Buy Application Form/PDF
Best Buy is a company that recruits staff at regular intervals. The firm usually hires full-time and entry-level jobs. It does not require much experience, but it is expected that the personnel to be recruited will be good in human relations, friendly and decent looking.
Best Buy Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Behavioral Health Coverage
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Maternity Support and Paid Leave
- Mental Health Counseling and Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Incentive Pay
- Employee Discount
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Savings Builder Program
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Caregiver Pay for Child Bonding or Family Care
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance and Discounts
- Identity Protection
- Legal Services
- Auto/Home/Renters Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Career Development and Mentoring
- Focus on Diversity and Inclusion
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sandy’s Place Café by Bon Appétit
- Coffee Shops
- Fitness and Wellness Center
- Intramural Sports
- Child Care
- Dry Cleaning
- Company Store
- Employee Resource Groups
- Community Events and Speakers
How old do you have to be to work at best buy stores?
You have to be 16 or older to work at Best Buy. 16 or older, knowing that you are going to be put to work and be comfortable asking questions. Hiring age is sixteen, but most stores will not hire before seventeen or even eighteen. Many roles within the store require that you be at least eighteen.
How much does Best Buy pay hourly?
After the 4% hourly pay increase, employees who are not yet at $15 per hour will have their pay increased to the $15 per hour starting wage.
Do Best Buy employees get a discount?
The Best Buy employee discount pays 5% above Best Buy’s cost for items. The Best Buy employee discount is seriously the most awesome one in the industry: Employees’ pay cost plus 5%.
How to Apply for Best Buy Jobs;