Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at ArcelorMittal Dofasco by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of ArcelorMittal Dofasco which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
OUR STRENGTH IS PEOPLE®
We are one of Canada’s most iconic advanced manufacturers and offer three primary career streams representing an infinite number of opportunities. Choose which profile suits you best now.
Apply Online ArcelorMittal Dofasco Jobs
You can be a member of ArcelorMittal Dofasco family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application ArcelorMittal Dofasco where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Armature Winder/Electric Motor Rewind Mechanic
ArcelorMittal Dofasco plays a key role in North America’s advanced manufacturing supply chain working with the top automotive, energy, packaging and construction brands to develop lighter, stronger and more sustainable products – from cans to cars.
Founded in 1912, we are Hamilton’s largest private sector employer with more than 5,000 employees shipping 4.5 million net tons of high quality flat carbon steel annually. Around the world, the ArcelorMittal Group employs 240,000 employees in 60 countries and looks to flagship sites like ArcelorMittal Dofasco to develop new technology and products that are fundamentally transforming tomorrow.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco’s iconic motto Our Product is Steel. Our Strength is People. ® is a true expression of our belief that people are the company’s competitive advantage. Underpinning this are our values of Quality, Sustainability and Leadership – brought to life by generations of employees who have come to work for more than 100 years creating world class products, processes and services.
Corporate responsibility is paramount to our operations and our commitment spans four pillars: investing in people, enriching our community, making steel sustainable and transparent governance.
To test, dismantle repair, rewind and assemble armatures, stators, rotors, commutators and field coils for any size, type and style of electric motors and generators in the shop or field at a level that ensures process reliability.
To work as part of a Maintenance team, providing service to customers and equipment. To attend training and develop your skills in a continuous improvement environment where continuous learning, technical changes and upgrades are the norm. The successful candidate would work with skilled trade’s people and operators who are currently involved in maintaining and operating the business unit in a teaming environment.
- Respond to customers’ requests for motor and related rotating equipment repairs in the shop and at the customers’ site.
- Inspect and test equipment to assess the extent and nature of repairs required.
- Read mechanical drawings and take mechanical measurements to tolerances of 0.0002″
- Disassemble, repair, rewind and reassemble any type of motor, generator and related rotating equipment.
- Repair, fabricate, or install replacement parts on motors, generators and related equipment.
- Repair or re-stack laminated iron cores.
- Understand AC/DC motor connection schematics and apply.
- Assemble coils in slots, install insulation, wedges and bands.
- Undercut mica and featheredge commutator segments.
- Check fits on roller, ball and babbit bearings.
- Perform tests for polarity, grounds and shorts on motors and related rotating equipment.
- Adjust equipment operating characteristics to match manufacturers’ specs.
- Change AC and DC motor windings and connections to meet customers’ requirements.
- Analyze motor and related rotating equipment problems on emergency breakdowns and make repairs to minimize operating delays.
- Remove and install all shaft motor shaft attachments.
- Must be able to work as a self-directed, motivated team member in a fully integrated Manufacturing environment.
- Must be willing to provide mentoring and on-the-job training to co-workers to ensure transfer of knowledge to others.
- Must be willing to continually upgrade skills as required by technical trade developments, new equipment introduced to business units, and process upgrades.
- Must have completed a minimum of 1 year as a registered Armature Winder/Electric Motor Systems
- Apprentice OR possess a 446A Electric Motor Systems Technician Certificate of Qualification or;
- Has completed a minimum of 1 year as a registered Electrician Apprentice and is willing to pursue a 446A Certificate of Qualification
- Must be willing to study for and challenge the Trade School Exemption Exams (if you have not yet completed and passed the levels).
- Must be able to acquire an Ontario Certificate of Qualification as an Electric Motor Systems Technician (446A).
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to follow directions and work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Advanced trouble shooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Basic personal computer and corporate standard software skills (MS Word, Excel) are required.
- Basic skills in planning and scheduling of maintenance work are required.
- Knowledge/experience in a Computerized Maintenance Management System is an asset.
Indoors – mainly shop environment with regular scheduled work in mills, dust and fumes present. Noise from power tools and machinery. Artificial lighting, steady pace – breaks as required
Primarily standing 80 percent of workday, bending, squatting/kneeling with twisting and possible prolonged positioning while working at workbench or areas in the mill. Climbing ladders and/or scaffolding as required in both shop and field.
Able to lift / position heavy motor components (30 – 50 lbs), 40% of workday. Assistance from crane, forklift, pallet mover, coworkers.
Good manual dexterity must operate vibrating tools including impact guns, buffers, grinders, etc. Gripping, holding and continuous wrist motion operating various tools and equipment throughout the day. Operating overhead/gantry cranes and occasionally forklift and pickup trucks.
Use of appropriate personnel protective equipment is required dependent on the job being performed but as a minimum, hard hat, work boots, eye protection, hearing protection is required at all times. A respirator, face-shield, mono-glasses and fall arrest harness could be required for periods of time throughout the day.
Hours of Work
8 hour days Monday to Friday
Required to be available for call-ins and rescheduling or 12-hour shift coverage during process shutdowns.
We would like to thank everyone who applies in advance since only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for ArcelorMittal Dofasco and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for ArcelorMittal Dofasco Jobs;